Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Has anyone else been able to start an online game in Borderlands?

DeltaDreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DeltaDreamer

This is for the PC version, I can't seem to start a game.  First, it seems not many others are hosting so that first tells me there may be a server issue, and since it's gamespy, iam not shocked if that's the issue.  First I either get timed out or go in, get disconnected after loading for ages then booted back to the lobby.  Anyone else having this issue? Any patch I don't know about?

Dejkrigeren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Dejkrigeren

I just went through a program named GameRanger, it has worked like a charm ever since. There also seems to be quite a few servers on there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

That sucks man, I've been playing the PS3 version but I get huge frame rate drops and the mics sometimes get big echos or major lag, I hope all of this is fixed up soon.

Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Manatassi

Yup press the Guide button then look down your friends list and invite. 

Oh wait the PC version, sorry missed that. 

What Fragstoff said. 

:P

Dark_Jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dark_Jon

Also, if you have Windows 7 you have an additional step.
    Then use this.

poser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By poser

This is what happens when your MP is hosted by gamespy.... It's hard to be a PC gamer these days. 

DeltaDreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DeltaDreamer

You would think if you wanted a game for people to have a great online experience online, and your game is sold on steam, you would use steam's online service, or as Jeff said, make your own online servers.  I am sure there is a larger issue somewhere onto why Gearbox did not use Steam, I just wish they could have shook hands with them and made an online MP experience that actually worked.  Other than that, the game is great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.