Has anyone else been able to start an online game in Borderlands?

#1 Posted by DeltaDreamer (111 posts) -

This is for the PC version, I can't seem to start a game.  First, it seems not many others are hosting so that first tells me there may be a server issue, and since it's gamespy, iam not shocked if that's the issue.  First I either get timed out or go in, get disconnected after loading for ages then booted back to the lobby.  Anyone else having this issue? Any patch I don't know about?

#2 Posted by Dejkrigeren (384 posts) -

I just went through a program named GameRanger, it has worked like a charm ever since. There also seems to be quite a few servers on there.

#3 Posted by Bucketdeth (8004 posts) -

That sucks man, I've been playing the PS3 version but I get huge frame rate drops and the mics sometimes get big echos or major lag, I hope all of this is fixed up soon.

#4 Posted by Manatassi (791 posts) -

Yup press the Guide button then look down your friends list and invite. 

Oh wait the PC version, sorry missed that. 

What Fragstoff said. 

:P

#5 Edited by Dark_Jon (581 posts) -

Also, if you have Windows 7 you have an additional step.
Then use this.

#6 Posted by poser (380 posts) -

This is what happens when your MP is hosted by gamespy.... It's hard to be a PC gamer these days. 

#7 Posted by DeltaDreamer (111 posts) -

You would think if you wanted a game for people to have a great online experience online, and your game is sold on steam, you would use steam's online service, or as Jeff said, make your own online servers.  I am sure there is a larger issue somewhere onto why Gearbox did not use Steam, I just wish they could have shook hands with them and made an online MP experience that actually worked.  Other than that, the game is great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.