How to approach DLC in a fresh game?

#1 Posted by dondo (24 posts) -

I just bought the GOTY edition with all of the DLC. Should I install all of them, one or two or so, or should I play the game through and then install one every few weeks or so? Advice? I hear one of them has a bank which would be really nice to have. I would like some really killer guns too.

#2 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10375 posts) -

Install them, and just play them whenever you feel like it. I mean, you can go and play part of Zombie Island or something, and then leave. Also, you can't really play a couple of them until after beating the game, so don't worry about that. 

And don't play Moxxi. Just don't. 

#3 Posted by ThunderSlash (1512 posts) -

Just install them all. Play through the main game, then go through the DLC in the order they were released is what I would recommend. I guess you can enter the Underdome anytime for the bank.

#4 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Far as I remember, the best order was finish the game first, then play Dr Ned's Zombies and then Knoxx.
Dunno about Claptrap (not even in the goty right?) and Moxxi's, Moxxi's for all levels I suppose but its nothing special.

#5 Posted by Rockanomics (1150 posts) -

The only odd thing is that you use the fast travel to get to the DLC which you don't actually get working till a little bit into the story. But I would certainly install all of it, as for when to play them I can't say, haven't gone through any of em.

#6 Posted by JoyfullOFrockets (1177 posts) -

Play through the main game first man. Not only do you need to reach a certain point first before you can fast travel, but you also need gather some of the really useful guns and equipment in the main story before you take on the DLC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.