Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Repair kit for the claptrap in Sledge's dungeon place area thing

Avatar image for rectum_abominae
    rectum_abominae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rectum_abominae

Sorry, I can't remember what the place is called.  It's in the area where you fight the psycho raider and a bunch of midgets.  I'm walking right on top of where the repair kit is supposed to be, but nothin'.  I thought it might be on a floor above or below but no such luck. Help?

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By CowMuffins
    @rectum_abominae said:
    " Sorry, I can't remember what the place is called.  It's in the area where you fight the psycho raider and a bunch of midgets.  I'm walking right on top of where the repair kit is supposed to be, but nothin'.  I thought it might be on a floor above or below but no such luck. Help? "
    Wait this game is out? Was the PC version delayed? Cause it says it comes out on the 26th on steam.
    Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Druminator

i had this same issue. looked for it for almost 30mins. it's above your head in the pipes, you have to jump to get it.

Falcon5008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Falcon5008

@Druminator said:

"i had this same issue. looked for it for almost 30mins. it's above your head in the pipes, you have to jump to get it. "

yea, just go to where the waypoint says, go as high up as u can go (level wise), and look up. u need to jump in order to grab it. quite the odd place to put a repair kit, huh? lol

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5  Edited By CenturionCajun
    @CowMuffins: Yep, the PC version got delayed for six days for "optimization". Thanks for the heads up on where it is. I've been looking for it for awhile.
    Hyprow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Hyprow

Where the symbol is pointing you is where there is a ramp made from the floor giving way to the lower floor. On the upper of the two floors it is on the steam pipes on the ceiling behind the grating.

af7lm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By af7lm
    @Falcon5008:  Silly place yes, but I like how they try to hide collectibles.  Makes it a little more difficult even though the way point shows the spot. 
    ahab88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By ahab88

Yeah, for some reason I looked everywhere but up for a few minutes. They almost tricked me on that one. Also I had some issues with the pieces of the sniper rifle. The waypoints wouldn't change after I found a piece. A little annoying, but no huge deal.

Grum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Grum
    @ahab88: Thats actually what is supposed to happen. All the scavenger missions (and a few others too) point to a general vicinity and its up to you to find all the missing pieces 
    MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By MildMolasses

Shit, I have to go back there. I just did a co-op run to finish the Sledge quest. It was really unpleasant, but I realise that it's much harder with more people. 

At first I thought you were talking about a glitch with the marker (but as other people pointed out you just have to look higher), because I've had a few of them. For the shock crystals mission after getting the first two sets, the marker pointed me to the middle of a room, with nothing in it, so I just ran around and found the rest myself, which wasn't hard because it was a very linear cave. The other times the marker has glitched on me were during the missions were you have to collect the components of a weapon. In both the ones I've done, I found a piece out of sequence, which screwed up the marker leaving it in the spot where I had already collected. Both times I was able to find the last piece on my own, but that doesn't make it less annoying to have your waypoint marker not actually do what it's supposed to 

EDIT: Wish I had read the post above mine first
    Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Damian
    @MildMolasses said:
    " The other times the marker has glitched on me were during the missions were you have to collect the components of a weapon. In both the ones I've done, I found a piece out of sequence, which screwed up the marker leaving it in the spot where I had already collected. Both times I was able to find the last piece on my own, but that doesn't make it less annoying to have your waypoint marker not actually do what it's supposed to  EDIT: Wish I had read the post above mine first "
    I didn't realize it was purposely vague until just now either. I spent 10 minutes wondering where the last component of the sniper rifle was --staring at a rock, wondering if the piece fell through the geometry-- then finally found it after giving up to go looting.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By MikkaQ

Well that sniper rifle was totally worth it when finally assembled. I made the same mistakes as you guys, I ran around a rock for 5 minute, and my friend was just running around finding pieces like it was nothing hahah, I was so confused. 

Glad I know where that kit is though, thanks dudes, I need the inventory space something fierce.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.