Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

What do you think of Borderlands?

EchoEchoEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EchoEchoEcho

Hi there everyone. I'm gonna buy Borderlands soon, so just wanna hear people's opinions. The reviews looks good everywhere I've looked so far. What are your experiences with the game? 
    Thanks
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By pause422

Its absolutely a great game. Just do not come into it for the story or anything, the gameplay and the loot is what makes the game, and it succeeds greatly there, but the story is fairly weak, and ending even weaker. The characters are great, though. Last night I got my main, my Siren to level 50 on the second playthrough, really love the game.

SenatorSpacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By SenatorSpacer

It's a great game so far, only level 11 so I can't really comment too much.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By grilledcheez

It's awesome, LOTS of FUN

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By SteamPunkJin

I'm playing completely solo and normally can't stand the FPS and I'm loving it.
    It's a game that wears a lot of it's inspirations (the GIR robot, PSO,Diablo 2, dare I say Halo for the vehicular sections)  on it's sleeve, but that's not a bad thing. It's really a lot of fun and pretty damn funny too.

William

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By William

I love it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9
    deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's really amazing, Gearbox has successfully blended these two genres into an addicting drug. 

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Warfare
    @William said:
    " I love it. "
    This.
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Pie

Im 11 hours in and level 24. Its awesome.
    My only complaint is about the vehicles, ive got stuck on the land scape a few times and have to walk for about 10 minutes to get a new one. Also they dont have any weight to them that im never a fan of.
    Apart from that the game is awesome. Awesome

EchoEchoEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EchoEchoEcho

Well, well, well. That sounds awesome. Can't wait to try it
    bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By bwooduhs

Its awesome buy it.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By napalm

If you love games where you collect a lot of things and put them towards bigger and more awesome things, this game is for you. Plus, it also does first person shooter mechanics right.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Demyx

Its really awesome. I loves it.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#14  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Phenomenal game. Ultra fun!

Scorpinox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Scorpinox

It's alot of fun so far.It suffers insane difficulty at times unless you grind(which I hate doing,because it tends to get boring) and there are issues here and there,but nothing too bad.I got stuck in the ground and had to throw a grenade down,nearly killing myself to get free of the glitch....but it only happened once and it was a deep crease in the ground that caused it.  

As everyone else will likely tell you,it's great because the shooting comes first and the RPG adds to it.I hear alot of complaints about the vehicles,but they are strictly for armed transport and the thumbstick controls are easy to get used to so I can't agree with those complaining about them. 

Borderlands is what I wanted from Fallout 3 and I know many will disagree,but I say Borderlands is how Fallout 3 should have been done.

Somadude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Somadude

Just be aware, it's VERY addictive.
    RedHerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RedHerb

It's kinda boring to me.  

A competent shooter  for sure but it doesn't doanything interesting with the mission structure or the enemies you fight. The RPG and story elements are too insignificant or poorly elemented for me. But i can see how people can enjoy the 'halo style' shooting and the gun/shield/grenade loot system but that's all the game is and i find those elements a bit shallow and empty. I had the most  fun with the game in Co-Op. 

I apolgise for not liking the game, I only wished i liked as much as other people but honestly i don't get it. It's weird i really like this game in theory, I guess it's not the parts but the way they are put together...

Wunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Wunder

What are your opinions on playing this game solo? Or rather, I'll tell you my situation. I really love the art style and this type of genre of a game. I wanted to love Hellgate: London. But the same thing applies here, is it fun playing it alone? If I get this on the PC or PS3, without anyone else, would it be fun? And another thing; PS3 or PC? With the PS3 I'd have the opportunity to play 2-player split co-op, right? But with PC, I get the more familiar mouse controls... Hmm, thoughts? 

dunc12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dunc12

it's an excellent game, but i strongly recommend playing co-op. It makes the game so much more fun

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By Evilsbane

It's stupid fun man I am playing system link coop on two 50 inch tvs right next to each other with a friend and we are having a fucking blast its so addicting but like everyone has said do not go in it for story and play with a friend if you can I find the 2 player more fun than 4 you become a pretty tight team the RPG elements are awesome and you really look at every gun you pick up in hopes its better than your last, get it and get ready to lose 50 hours. 

Plus I already have cool story with the game I was kinda of sad because I didn't think I was gonna be able to get the THey'll tell two friends achievement but the very first time I logged onto the matchmaking just to check it out the very first match I went into had three Gearbox developers playing their retail copies I was so stoked.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By iam3green

it is a great game. i have fun with the game. if u like RPG's and FPS then u would like this game. i really like shooting and seeing hit points.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By Jackel2072
    @lilarchie232 said:
    " It's really amazing, Gearbox has successfully blended these two genres into an addicting drug.  "
    could not say it better myself
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By jakob187

I think the way that the GB crew described it on the latest Bombcast says it all pretty well.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#24  Edited By Hailinel

I haven't played it yet, but judging from everything I've seen and heard, there's a fair chance I'd enjoy it despite not being an FPS fan.  The box art is pretty terrible, though.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By jkz

Hmmm. I feel like it's taboo to say it but....I'm having more fun with this game than any other game released this year; that includes both Shadow Complex AND Uncharted 2.

Take that for what you will.

Newportdadde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Newportdadde

Its a great game, one of the best I've played this year.  My only minor complaint is of the vehicle controls but that is like I said a very minor complaint.  I've played two characters so far, a soldier to level 15 and a hunter to level 9.  The soldier has been entirely single player and I did about 3 levels online with three random people.  

So far the coop has been hit and miss for me, my one good experience with random strangers I mentioned above was when all four of us were at almost the same level.  The other coop games I've joined have all had some high level player in there usually messing around with a friend and for me that hasn't worked.  I'm guessing coop will get better at higher levels particularly second play through but thats just my theory.  

Even if coop isn't your thing the game is a lot of fun single player and I'd recommend it to someone sitting on the fence.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.