Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Worth getting on the steam sale?

byrjun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By byrjun

I've never played Borderlands, and right now it's $10 on steam. 
    The Giant Bomb guys always seem to insist that 360 is the best way to experience it.
    So - should I make use of the offer or wait till I find it for cheap for the xbox?

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Azteck

Yes. Yes you should get it.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#3  Edited By BeachThunder

It's definitely worth buying at that price, but personally, I would wait until they make the GOTY cheaper. If not and you want to play it now, my suggestion is get the normal version and pick up Knoxx with it (it's an amazing piece of DLC, which almost feels like a mini-sequel).

Personally, I think playing this with a controller is silly. You'll really want the accuracy of PC controls, especially for getting critical hits, which can be almost essential for hard enemies (enemies can sometimes take many critical hits before they actually go down). Also, you can disable all the unskippable cutscenes/intro screens in the PC version, which became quite annoying.

However, keep in mind that if you're playing co-op, the PC version requires that you use Gamespy. Other than that, I didn't really find any issues with the PC version (well, maybe there could have been a few more keyboard shortcuts...but that's really it...)

Atta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Atta

hey ppl. i've been also thinking of buying this off of steam, but I want the game of the year addition since it comes with all DLC packs. A question though: how is the co-op on pc? i imagine it's way easier on consoles since they have a certain social focus, but is it easy to find some awesome dudes to play with (especially a year after the game was released) or do I have to hope friends, who have awesome pc-s (none of them do) and who bought borderlands (none of them have) are also playing this?

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#5  Edited By wefwefasdf

Get it! Bought it on a whim during the Christmas sale along with all the DLC. One of the best decisions I've ever made.

danpat177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By danpat177

get it on 360 or ps3 preowned :) 
    might cost 5 to 10 more but you will have a better time with it 

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By Sooperspy

Definitely.

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By owl_of_minerva

Great game, definitely should buy it on some format or other. I can confirm it is better on Xbox (at least the controls are optimised for gamepad and XBL is better than Gamespy), but not by much. Play with an Xbox pad if you have one. Also, whichever system has friends playing if applicable.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By cornbredx

I have it on PC. I dont know anyone else that does so I never got far in it. The reason the Giant Bomb staff say its better on consoles is the UI (menu systems and such) are not ported well for PC. They were made for console and on PC feels really clunky. Other than that the game is fine. Totally worth getting.

Also you can get the complete pack which has all the GOTY stuff (I believe anyway) for 10$ less than the GOTY edition. Just sayin. Well that one ends in a few hours but, ya.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Yes yes yes and yes!
    DaSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By DaSoul

I can trade you a copy for something,i bought the 6-pack and still have 2 copies left over.

Edit:Down to 1 now.

Avatar image for peacefulpaul108
    Peacefulpaul108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Peacefulpaul108

I have it on PC, and not having played it on console I have no direct comparison, but it's fantastic. I'm playing it with a gamepad. 

Deckard42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Deckard42

Play with a gamepad, it's fine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.