Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Brink

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 10, 2011

A multiplayer-focused, class-based first-person shooter running on id Tech 4, in which oppressive soldiers and anarchistic terrorists battle for the few remaining resources on a failed paradise known as the Ark.

First time I completely disagree with a GiantBomb review.

• 114 results
    mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#101  Edited By mazik765

I'm with the 'totally disagree with Jeff' bandwagon for this one. In his review he seems to focus on things that he let pass for bigger franchises like CoD, or things that are easily fixable (AI sucks in a multiplayer focused shooter). He's welcome to his opinion, but I could not disagree more and his review seems incredibly biased, almost like he wanted to not like it for some reason.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By DystopiaX

If you look at Jeff's QL he hated more than the bots.,..he talked about smart, the lack of content, and the feeling of the gunplay as well. I get that a lot of people like this game but dissing the reviewers by saying they didn't play the game "properly" before reviewing is dumb and disrespectful...Jeff even held off his review so he could get games in with actual people and that didn't change his mind.

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#103  Edited By Rockdalf

I remember my first time, just like yesterday.  I was so confused, I didn't know what to do.  I was with my girlfriend and we were still experimenting when all of a sudden it happened.  I found the review.

Then I remembered, I already liked BlazBlue, so why the hell did I care what they said?
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By scarace360
    @ShiftyMagician said:
    " @scarace360 said:
    " @ShiftyMagician said:
    " Looks like a situation where the PC version will likely gather a greater audience that may keep that game alive.  Hearing about dedicated servers on the PC version and seamless netcode from that review makes it sound like they were developing for PC and porting over to consoles, only to mess up a lot of it throughout the process.  However the two complaints that are valid regardless of the platform are the dumb AI (at least true for any characters in the early levels I have heard) and that $60 is understandably quite a bit much for what looks like a multiplayer component to what should feel like a bigger game. "
    But your playing multiplayer so why care about AI. "
    It doesn't matter what the intent of the product is.  If a developer adds features to the game and they are broken, they are held responsible for the features not working.  The value of AI in a multiplayer game will always be subjective to each and every individual and thus that point still stands in a general context. "
    Someone went to law school.
    Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I'm enjoying the game quite a bit.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#106  Edited By DrPockets000

I'm going to rent this.  I tend to respectfully disagree with GB's reviews. 

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#107  Edited By ch3burashka
    @Azteck said:
    " The Witcher 2 > Brink "
    Apples and oranges. That doesn't even make sense.

I'll most definitely pick up Brink sometime. I've been pretty stoked for the game since its announcement, and I'm really interested to see it in a few months, when the hardcore players have got the movement down and are using it to their advantage more than just to jump over cover. It has great potential - now I wanna see people make the most of it.
    Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mazik765 said:
    " I'm with the 'totally disagree with Jeff' bandwagon for this one. In his review he seems to focus on things that he let pass for bigger franchises like CoD, or things that are easily fixable (AI sucks in a multiplayer focused shooter). He's welcome to his opinion, but I could not disagree more and his review seems incredibly biased, almost like he wanted to not like it for some reason. "
    Jeff is not out to get this game, just as Brad was not out to get FFXIII and Lost Planet 2. Jeff simply did not like the game. I'm curious as well as to what Jeff let slide about Call of Duty that he nailed Brink for.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b71f33ff
    deactivated-5ffc9b71f33ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 18

@Napalm said:

" @DryvBy said:

" This game is horrible on console, at least. Broken on so many levels. I kinda want to return it, and I never return games. I'm going to wait and see if they fix it up within the week. "
    I don't know what jerry-rigged piece of shit console you're playing on, but beyond awful texture pop-in, I've had no real issues. "
    It's not the console. It's the fact this game devlivers on nothing. It's sad when you have more fun designing your character than you do playing the game. I used to play Counter-Strike back in it's beta days as a HL mod. Someone created bots that made the game incredibly rough. They'd get lost, camp in corners, be right near an enemy and just sit there. I'm certain the guy that made those bots, made these bots. Texture pop-in is a huge understatement. In one scenario, I was near a wall, slightly turned and it had to reload the textures I was just staring at. The parkour is generic in this game too.

All in all, this is just a reskin of something we had years ago: Enemy Territory: Wolf/QW. Can this team make anything else?

Please, tell me how the console version of this game is with the asking price. I'll wait while you've got nothing.
    ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By ImpendingFoil

Congratulations!

You unlocked the "Think for yourself for once" achievement!

This is probably the more rare achievement on all the Internet.

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#111  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

I disagreed with the Fable 3 review partly, since it was based a lot on Brad's (I think) opinion.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#112  Edited By TheHBK

meh.  Still doesn't cope well that they went for the whole missions are just maps you complete, ala Unreal Tournament 3.  At least that game was fucked up and silly.  Aslo, I think every single person coming out and defending this game had bought into the hype and preordered it already, so gotta back it up I guess.

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By AgentofChaos
    @papuccino1 said:
    Buy this game, it's really fun and it's amazing how they removed the K:D rating. "
    Ok, this is NOT enough to convince me to buy a 60 dollar game.
    npeterson08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By npeterson08

Why does removing the K:D ratio automatically make the game better?

Honestly, the game looks like Borderlands mixed with Shadowrun. I've heard the shooting described as "a bit clunky," which will inevitably lead to the game losing popularity to better "feeling" shooters.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.