Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Burnout Paradise

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Jan 22, 2008

Burnout Paradise turns the Burnout series on its head by moving from closed set tracks to an open world full of events to experience both alone and in a group online.

Did they Patch in the "Restart Race" option yet ?

Kersal_Massive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kersal_Massive

there was a rumour awhile ago where they said, the restart race option would be patched in during one of the updates. anyone know when its coming?

i'll buy the game, the second that feature is added.
    MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MKHavoc

I'm not sure exactly when. Why not just wait for The Ultimate Box if you're planning on buying it?  That's supposed to come with all the updates.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By AndrewGaspar

They are bringing out a patch for restarting races (they showed it in their Video Podcast). However, they haven't said WHEN yet. I'd imagine around the time the Ultimate Box comes out.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By MetalGearSunny

You have to pay for it. I'm am not. I'm just gonna stop playing it altogether.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Shadow

Alright!  Just in time for me to have completed all the single player events nearly a year ago! 

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By wefwefasdf

If that feature had been there when I got it I would have kept playing...

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By MAST

I'm amazed that this feature is such a big deal to people, because it's such an insignificant thing. All you have to do is race to one side of the map, then take 2 seconds to find another nearby race, and race it back to the other end of the map. Then boom, you can try the first race over again because you are back where you started. Your game play never stops, you never have to watch a loading screen. That's a win all around...
    I mean, there are races, stunt runs, etc. littered all over the place in Burnout Paradise. Who cares if you fail a race and can't restart, there are always about a dozen other races to choose from once you finish/fail the race you are on. Plus, there's all the other things to do in this game. Which is more then just racing. And you have the online aspect of it, with all the challenges that come with it.

Just seems like a completely absurd reason to not play a great game. That's like saying you hate Metal Gear Solid games because you dislike headbands, or you hate LittleBigPlanet because you're allergic to burlap. Or you hate Left4Dead because writing on walls is tacky... etc.

Oh well, i guess there will always be people that scrub a damn near perfect game for one stupid, meaningless reason... Their loss...

I actually hope they don't add this feature. It'll keep all the impatient, nitpicky kids out of the game.

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By CoolDrMoney
    MAST said:
    "I'm amazed that this feature is such a big deal to people, because it's such an insignificant thing. All you have to do is race to one side of the map, then take 2 seconds to find another nearby race, and race it back to the other end of the map. Then boom, you can try the first race over again because you are back where you started. Your game play never stops, you never have to watch a loading screen. That's a win all around...
    I mean, there are races, stunt runs, etc. littered all over the place in Burnout Paradise. Who cares if you fail a race and can't restart, there are always about a dozen other races to choose from once you finish/fail the race you are on. Plus, there's all the other things to do in this game. Which is more then just racing. And you have the online aspect of it, with all the challenges that come with it.

Just seems like a completely absurd reason to not play a great game. That's like saying you hate Metal Gear Solid games because you dislike headbands, or you hate LittleBigPlanet because you're allergic to burlap. Or you hate Left4Dead because writing on walls is tacky... etc.

Oh well, i guess there will always be people that scrub a damn near perfect game for one stupid, meaningless reason... Their loss...

I actually hope they don't add this feature. It'll keep all the impatient, nitpicky kids out of the game."
    You're right, I hate convenient features in games as well
    Lieutenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Lieutenant

Could have sworn it was confirmed to be released when The Ultimate Box is released. 40+ hours played on the PS3 and not having a retry never bothered me (ok, fine, maybe a couple times when I only had a couple of Road Rages left and I had to back track all over to find it again)

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By MAST
    CoolDrMoney said:
    You're right, I hate convenient features in games as well"

There is a difference between convenient and outright lazy and unneeded. I already explained why. There is no reason to have a restart options because as soon as you finish one race, there are about a dozen new ones to start up right near you. I went all the way from a starter license, to a Burnout license just by entering races that were near me. I never had to drive around and "look" for a race, or go back and restart the one i lost, because there are races everywhere. So therefor a restart race option is just pointless and lazy.

It's funny how people complain about the easy "never die, no penalty" features in games like Prince of Persia. "It's too easy, blah, blah, blah." They talk about it being a negative aspect of the game. But when a game doesn't have those easy "replay" buttons, or a similar mechanic, then they complain about that... I mean really, which is it?

Obviously all it really boils down to is that you can't please everyone. That's why i don't feel like they should ever put the restart feature into Burnout. If it's not a restart feature, it's something else. Like i said, there is always at least one person that will refuse to play a damn near perfect game, just because it doesn't have one minor, unnecessary feature. But alas, the whining wins out. They've announced that they are putting the restart feature into the game, so i guess it's a moot point now.

/shrug

copedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By copedude

I personally only thought that this would be good was when i needed like two more wins for my elite and they were both burning routes and it became annoying to drive back and fourth between start and finish and it became boring but apart from that I can't find any use for it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.