Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

The seventh installment of the long-running action franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops puts players into the early era of the Cold War (including the Vietnam War) as a member of the United States black operations unit known as the SOG.

balance?

captaincool246

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By captaincool246

why does everyone say this game is the most balanced? i dunno maybe theres something i dont get....but I personally think the opposite only because i get outgunned by everything! whenever i play online  famas,ak-74u,commando and just everything i really dont get it

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    @captaincool246

I think people mainly say this game is balanced because most of the really cheap crap from MW2 is gone (infinite claymores, infinite grenade launchers, commando knife lunges from across the room, game ending nuke, etc), and because killstreaks don't lead to other kill streaks.   

If you're getting outgunned by everything, you're either not using your weapon's strengths, you're not using cover, or you need to work on your aim.  Perhaps a bit of all three.
    FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By FireBurger

Well, if you get outgunned by everything, then it would seem nothing is overpowered. Also, you have access to those guns, so if you're still getting killed, it's your fault. And, yeah, use SpaceInsomniac's advice.

LOUISE_CYPHRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By LOUISE_CYPHRE

Play Barebones.

Problem solved.

Now if they would only bring back BB's TT and get rid of that MLG shit they replaced it with,  all would be good.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By bushpusherr
    @SpaceInsomniac said:

@captaincool246:  I think people mainly say this game is balanced because most of the really cheap crap from MW2 is gone (infinite claymores, infinite grenade launchers, commando knife lunges from across the room, game ending nuke, etc), and because killstreaks don't lead to other kill streaks.    If you're getting outgunned by everything, you're either not using your weapon's strengths, you're not using cover, or you need to work on your aim.  Perhaps a bit of all three.

Plus the removal of death streaks, (eventually) changing the Last Stand perk to give the kill to the person who originally took the enemy down and the assist to the person who finished them off, and less fire and forget killstreaks, as well as the removal of supply drop, making shotguns primary weapons again, and gettin rid of the dual fucking monster shotguns (the dual shotguns they have in Black Ops are pretty shitty). 

However, all of this balance is far inferior to Call of Duty 1 and 2.  What I would give for those games to have active PC communities again.
    captaincool246

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By captaincool246

dont get me wrong i know all the wepons strenghts and weaknesses and i can aim just fine i spent days experimenting......however i find in many instances i end up shooting first and getting  what should be fatal hits off and then getting capped by the guy i'm shooting at to me thats not wepon balance thats one gun being better than the other 

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By groin

@captaincool246 said:

dont get me wrong i know all the wepons strenghts and weaknesses and i can aim just fine i spent days experimenting......however i find in many instances i end up shooting first and getting what should be fatal hits off and then getting capped by the guy i'm shooting at to me thats not wepon balance thats one gun being better than the other

That can happen for many reasons. If the enemy has lower latency than you then he will always have an advantage in gun fights. The enemy could also be more accurate than you are.

JBird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By JBird

I think this game is quite balanced. Sure ill complain to myself every time i get killed, but at the end of the day i've had more fun playing this cod than any before. MW2 was cool, but more power in each gun doesn't mean more fun. The one thing that ruins black ops is how an organised team with no morals can all position themselves so whereever you spawn, you die instantly. I was literally just playing demolition where they position sentrys and had every spawn point marked. Plus chopper gunner, plus dogs. I dont normally go negative but i would spawn and die. I just put the controller down and watched out of....just annoyance and frustration. Its things like this that ruin the game. I tried to stick with it though. And karma rewarded me by spawning directly behind a sentry gun so i finally got that challenge for ghost pro. but i knifed and was then killed. When i eventually gave up i was the only one left on my team. It wasnt fun and ended up with me turning the game off

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.