Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

The seventh installment of the long-running action franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops puts players into the early era of the Cold War (including the Vietnam War) as a member of the United States black operations unit known as the SOG.

What will be the most overpowered pro perk in Black Ops?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By sodiumCyclops

Is Marathon really allowing unlimited sprint? That would be the most over powered in my book.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

And here's the list:

Perk 1:
    Lightweight: Move faster. +No Fall Damage.
    Scavenger: Pick up ammo from fallen enemies. Replenish lethal grenades. +Start with extra mags. Replenish tactical grenades.
    Ghost: Undetectable by the Spy Plane and the Blackbird. +Undetectable by aircraft, dogs. IR, and sentries. No red cross-hair or name when targeted.
    Flak Jacket: Reduces explosive damage. +Immune to fire damage and allows you to safely toss back frag grenades.
    Hardline: Killstreaks require 1 less kill. +Change the contents of a Care Package.

Perk 2:
    Hardened: Bullets penetrate better. +Bullets do extra damage to aircraft and turrets. Reduced flinch when you are shot.
    Scout: Hold breath longer. +Faster weapon switching.
    Steady Aim: Increased hip-fire accuracy. +Quicker aiming after sprinting and quicker recovery from knife lunge.
    Sleight of Hand: Faster reloads. +Faster aiming down sights with non-scoped weapons.
    Warlord: Equip two attachments to your primary weapon. +Start with 1 extra lethal and tactical grenade (except smoke).

Perk 3:
    Marathon: Longer sprint. +Unlimited sprint.
    Ninja: Silent movement. +Louder enemies. Completely silent.
    Second Chance: Pull out your pistol before dying. +Survive longer and any teammate can revive you.
    Hacker: Ability to detect enemy equipment and explosives. +Can sabotage enemy equipment, turrets, and creates. Invisible to Motion Sensors.
    Tactical Mask: Protects against gas grenades. +Reduces the effects of flash and concussion grenades. Reveals the position of a flashed or stunned enemy. 

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike

You said "Everyone will use this" for most of the perks...on second look, you seem to think every single pro perk is game-breaking. What is the point of this poll?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    @MB said:
    " You said "Everyone will use this" for most of the perks...on second look, you seem to think every single pro perk is game-breaking. What is the point of this poll? "
    I don't think any perk will be game-breaking.  I personally feel that it's the most balanced perk set in any COD game to date.  I'm just seeing a lot of "Oh no!, I can't believe they did that!  That will be so overpowered!" type posts in the pro perk thread and elsewhere on this forum, and I thought it would be fun to do a poll and see quite clearly that different people feel that different perks will be overpowered.
    EnchantedEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6  Edited By EnchantedEcho

Yeah, from your descriptions it seems like all of them are 'over-powered' or 'game-breaking'.

andrela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By andrela

It's the blizzard philosophy of make every ability overpowered and it will all be balanced out.

Too bad it's never worked in practice. Ghost, steady aim and second chance will probably be my mainstay

h0lgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By h0lgr
    @EnchantedEcho said:
    " Yeah, from your descriptions it seems like all of them are 'over-powered' or 'game-breaking'. "
    It's supposed to be from the readers point of view, like that's what the reader is thinking when he picks it
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#9  Edited By wefwefasdf

Hardened sounds interesting. Maybe that one?

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gargantuan

Everything on that list sounds overpowered, therefore everything is balanced.

Avatar image for shawnyofthedead
    shawnyofthedead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By shawnyofthedead

I love Ninja but thats just because i'm a camping Bstard

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By dbz1995

I really like what you've done with this poll-makes every Pro thing outlined and gives a reason why for most. 'Tis awesome.
     Also, I think I'm the only guy who thinks that Sleight of Hand is just as powerful as Stopping Power was in MW2.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By mikemcn

It should be fairly balanced. Maybe hardened.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@sodiumCyclops said:

" Is Marathon really allowing unlimited sprint? That would be the most over powered in my book. "

No. It's limited sprint.

EDIT: Nevermind. Having unlimited sprint as a pro upgrade is kind of odd...
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By jkz
    @Mikemcn said:
    " It should be fairly balanced. Maybe hardened. "
    Laharl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Laharl

Correct me if im wrong but didnt they make shotguns a primary weapon again so snipers are back to just rifle and pistol? So the complaint about scout is moot?

Also i went with the last stand perk, ive always hated it and wished it would be taken out of the game.

Avatar image for academicpenguin
    AcademicPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AcademicPenguin

Ninja is definitely overpowered imo. Anyone with a decent headset will now have such an advantage .. seriously ... 

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By meteora

Scavenger always replenished lethal and tactical grenades as far as I'm aware. 

But its been a while since I played MW2 so eh.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @Laharl said:
    " Correct me if im wrong but didnt they make shotguns a primary weapon again so snipers are back to just rifle and pistol? So the complaint about scout is moot?  Also i went with the last stand perk, ive always hated it and wished it would be taken out of the game. "
    you could switch your pistol for a shotgun an enemy dropped.
    bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

#20  Edited By bobafettjm

None of them really seem overpowered. At least in this one you have to do a little more work to get the pro versions.

reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By reign

Holy cannoli could your poll selections be any more ridiculous? 

Are you really that bad at the game?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    @REIGN said:

" Holy cannoli could your poll selections be any more ridiculous?  Are you really that bad at the game? "

@h0lgr said:

" @EnchantedEcho said:

" Yeah, from your descriptions it seems like all of them are 'over-powered' or 'game-breaking'. "
    It's supposed to be from the readers point of view, like that's what the reader is thinking when he picks it "
      Yes.  That.  Again, for the record, I think this looks like the most balanced perk list yet.
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

All the bitching about noob tubes, and NOBODY has picked Flak Jacket yet?  I'm shocked.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By iam3green

i think ninja will be. people can also have turtle beach headsets which will make it even better. my friend has one. i used it before great for people that have great hearing. when we were playing me and him were both at the same place and he said somebody is upstairs.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SomeJerk

I'm going Ghost, something good, and Ninja. I have $300 RRP studio headgear, I hear angels fart on the other side of the planet, and I'm not afraid to make use of my gear.

..also, the 360 servers are up and the game was patched. Stay tuned at any good information source to find out if perks change - as promised - or not.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MikkaQ

I think people put way too much thought on the intricacies of COD. 

pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By pwnasaurus

you complain lots 

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    @pwnasaurus said:
    " you complain lots  "
    Who?

@drag said:
    " I actually don't want to click any of them because you're making me sound like a typical reactionary CoD bitch. "
    Yeah, I guess that's kind of the point.  I did plenty of bitching about grenade launcher + scavenger in MW2, though. :)
    invadernick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By invadernick

ninja I think, everyone already uses it and it's pretty dependent on headsets.

Urmean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Urmean

Actually, looking over these again, none of them really sound "overpowered", and allow for many different styles of gameplay along with some of the new equipments.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jmrwacko

So if ALL the perks are overpowered, doesn't that mean none of them are overpowered?

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jmrwacko
    @somejerk said:
    " I'm going Ghost, something good, and Ninja. I have $300 RRP studio headgear, I hear angels fart on the other side of the planet, and I'm not afraid to make use of my gear.  ..also, the 360 servers are up and the game was patched. Stay tuned at any good information source to find out if perks change - as promised - or not. "
    lol console players.

Who needs ninja? I have Sennheiser HD 280 pros. I can hear a pin drop from across the map.
    SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SomeJerk
    @jmrwacko said:
    " @somejerk said:
    " I'm going Ghost, something good, and Ninja. I have $300 RRP studio headgear, I hear angels fart on the other side of the planet, and I'm not afraid to make use of my gear.  ..also, the 360 servers are up and the game was patched. Stay tuned at any good information source to find out if perks change - as promised - or not. "
    lol console players.  Who needs ninja? I have Sennheiser HD 280 pros. I can hear a pin drop from across the map. "

I'm PC. Sennheiser HD25-1 with some additions and modifications /highfive :]

Just decided for Lightweight, Steady Aim and Ninja as my first perk unlocks, and their Pro equivalents. Thinking it's not about individual Pro perks, but rather their combinations. My first class will be a complete d'bag.
    jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jmrwacko
    @somejerk said:
    " @jmrwacko said:
    " @somejerk said:
    lol console players.  Who needs ninja? I have Sennheiser HD 280 pros. I can hear a pin drop from across the map. "
    I'm PC. Sennheiser HD25-1 with some additions and modifications /highfive :]  Just decided for Lightweight, Steady Aim and Ninja as my first perk unlocks, and their Pro equivalents. Thinking it's not about individual Pro perks, but rather their combinations. My first class will be a complete d'bag. "
    I'm thinking about ninja now just because the pro unlock is way easier than some other perks. After seeing some of the challenges for pro unlock, I know I won't be getting certain perks just because I can't bother doing ridiculous feats of skill like get 5 headshots in Second Chance (I can't even get body shots in Last Stand in previous Call of Duty games).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.