Team Perks, New perks and new killstreaks detailed

#1 Posted by billnyethesciencepie (1538 posts) -
http://ca.kotaku.com/5805959/the-modern-warfare-3-files-team-perks-no-nukes-new-killstreaks  
Quick rundown: 

-Team perks are perks that a team can work toward to buff themselves up. Includes Stopping Power and Health Regen.
-New perks include: 
Blind eye-immune to enemy killstreaks 
Point guard- every 2 assists contribute 1 kill to your killstreak count. 
And Recon which appears to be a new kind of Radar scree. Details unknown. 
- New killstreaks include:   
Littlebird- player controlled mini helicopter 
Airdrop trap- booby trapped airdrop 
Ammo resupply- should be obvious, is an airdrop 
-No tactical nuke (BOOOOOOOO) 
-No dedicated servers (trollface.jpg)

#2 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6652 posts) -

Won't Team Perks just give one side a ridiculous edge if they are already ahead to the point that the opposing force won't be able to stand a chance against them.

Wow, that's stupid.

#3 Posted by Crixaliz (804 posts) -

Apparently these are not accurate.
Robert Bowling has said on twitter that Stopping Power is not in the game.

#4 Edited by drag (1212 posts) -

this was already debunked (team perks and stopping power at least)

#5 Posted by Twitchey (962 posts) -

I hope there is a "Littlebird" killstreak. It could be the new RC-XD, which is my favorite killstreak.

#6 Posted by Sjupp (1942 posts) -

I hope one of the features are "Well made PC-version"

#7 Posted by Jack268 (3368 posts) -

Immune to killstreaks

So basically, the perk everyone will have.
#8 Posted by Mikemcn (7387 posts) -
@Crixaliz said:
Apparently these are not accurate. Robert Bowling has said on twitter that Stopping Power is not in the game.
Increased weapon damage perks are stupid difficult to balance and totally unnecessary. Black Ops was a better game for not having it.  So thats good at least. 
#9 Posted by Crixaliz (804 posts) -
@Twitchey said:
I hope there is a "Littlebird" killstreak. It could be the new RC-XD, which is my favorite killstreak.
Oh man I just realized that the "Littlebird" is possibly the thing that they pack into the Prestige edition of the game.
#10 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5272 posts) -
@Jack268 said:

Immune to killstreaks

So basically, the perk everyone will have.
To be honest, I'm not sure what this even means. Like if someone is in a gunship, you can't get killed by them or they just can't see you? In the description is says you are immune to computer and player controlled killstreaks. Seems a little crazy if you ask me.

That point guard one could be cool, seeing as how all I ever get are freaking assist points in that game.
#11 Posted by Twitchey (962 posts) -
@Mikemcn: The AK74u and Famas are the stopping power of Black Ops.
#12 Posted by Vexed (328 posts) -

"Littlebird" was in Homefront.  These all sound made up by someone who's not very creative.

#13 Posted by Tru3_Blu3 (3451 posts) -
@Twitchey said:
@Mikemcn: Sleight of Hand is the stopping power of Black Ops.
Fixed it for dja.
#14 Posted by Solemn (288 posts) -

Bowling already said this isn't real, and it's obvious because of that 'Immune to killstreaks' perk, which sounds fucking ridiculous.

#15 Posted by ShockD (2486 posts) -

All those perks are advantaging the advantaged players and are only ruining the game. Instead making it more pro, they're only making the game more and more casual. And on top of all - an Infinity Ward hegemony.

Guess I'll join the majority that is buying BF3. I didn't want to, but I'll be forced to...

#16 Posted by Bollard (6247 posts) -
@Solemn said:
Bowling already said this isn't real, and it's obvious because of that 'Immune to killstreaks' perk, which sounds fucking ridiculous.
May I remind you of a little perk called Cold Blooded...
#17 Posted by swfcfan (302 posts) -
#18 Posted by Intro (1246 posts) -

>Point guard- every 2 assists contribute 1 kill to your killstreak count.  

"Wow," is the only thing I have to say about that.

#19 Posted by Belonpopo (2144 posts) -

This is stupid.

#20 Posted by InternetCrab (1581 posts) -

Team perks are fucking dumb as shit. Immune to enemy killstreaks? God, i wish someone could put some sense into the Infinity Ward staff. 2 assists count to your KS count? That's stupid. Then it's very easy to get UAV's and airstrikes, incredibly annoying. Gameruining perks.  

But as i has seen here in this thread, it's apperantely fake, which makes me very glad, because having a perk immune to killstreaks is fucking stupid.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.