Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty

Franchise »

Originally starting as a World War II-themed first-person shooter, the Call of Duty franchise now incorporates other time periods and conflicts and can be found on virtually every modern platform.

So....how many games are in development?

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By shivermetimbers

After looking at some of the new articles from Gamespot, it seems that there are many Call of Duty games in development. There's one being made by Infinity Ward, another one being made by Treyarch, another one made by Sledgehammer, and a rummored MMO. Apparently there are also other rumored developments in the series. All of this is overkill in my mind and I'm sure many of these rumored games just got the name from Activison in order to be successful. I want to know if I'm missing anything.

tobygw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By tobygw
    @shivermetimbers: The sledgehammer games one is true. The infinity ward one is not confirmed to be working on one I don't think, but it is assumed they are making mw3. I don't think I've heard anything about treyarch making anything either as that wouldn't make sense for them to talk about, and the rumoured mmo is not going to happen, it's just people assuming that blizzard will do it which I highly doubt.
    Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Rayfield

YO YOU LIKE THAT CALL OF DUTY? WELL REGARDLESS OF QUALITY, WE GOT AT LEAST ONE COMING OUT ANNUALLY UNTIL YOU DEAD.
    YO YOU LIKE THAT CALL OF DUTY? WELL REGARDLESS OF QUALITY, WE GOT AT LEAST ONE COMING OUT ANNUALLY UNTIL YOU DEAD.
    Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By shivermetimbers

They make such a big deal about keeping Infinity Ward alive, so Id assume that a Call of Duty game is going to come from them slowly. But to be honest, the Sledgehammer game might give the franchise some needed improvement.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.