Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Castlevania

Franchise »

The Castlevania franchises chronicles the ongoing fight against Count Dracula by the Belmont family and their allies. To this day, Dracula continues to pose a threat to the world.

New CastleVania Confirmed for Xbox 360 and PS3

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By brukaoru

"A short teaser (above) at Konami's Tokyo Game Show booth confirmed what many Castlevania fans have been waiting to hear: a new Castlevania is coming for PS3 and Xbox 360.               Though there's literally no info on it yet -- all we've seen is a Dracula slayer holding a flaming sword -- at least we know it's coming. The big question at this point is whether the game will be 2D, like everyone -- including the director Koji Igarashi -- seems to want, or 3D, like the PS2 games. Actually, never mind, there's no point in getting your hopes up. But seeing stuff like Devil May Cry 4 and Bayonetta, there's no reason the game couldn't be killer."

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3170545

1UP putting DMC4 in the same league as Bayonetta makes me laugh. But anyway, if this new game can be better than the PS2 games, then there is some hope.
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Black_Rose

Well now the series is coming to every console :)

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By BoG

So, is it confirmed that the man we see in the trailer is Dracula? I wasn't able to watch the trailer, but I saw images, and nothing says that it is, in fact, Dracula. He has an Alucard look to me.
    Anyways, 3D castlevanias are traditionally sucky. They need to fix that once and for all. We have been getting tons of awesome 2D castlevania on the DS, so I won't complain if it isn't 2D, I just don't want it to suck.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks

Absolutely awesome news, we need this type of game. It needs to be well conceived and brought together, which will be a very hard thing to do, something that Bionic Commando is trying currently. Great music is a certainty :P

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pause422

I love me some castlevania..I'm just very skeptical though, its never done well in 3d yet(assuming its another 3D game) I just hope if so, they have a better formula for it.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By kush

I really hope this is a side-scroller....like what Contra: Shattered Soldier was for Contra.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

If its not a side scroller then im not interested 3d castlevanias simply suck.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BoG

Ok, I watched the trailer, that isn't Dracula. It is Alucard. That means it will be good.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jakob187

*prays for an SOTN clone to wash the taste of bad 3D games out with*

whyzenheimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By whyzenheimer
    jakob187 said:
    "*prays for an SOTN clone to wash the taste of bad 3D games out with*"

I'm sure you've got plenty of people screaming at the sky with you, including me.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    BoG said:
    "Ok, I watched the trailer, that isn't Dracula. It is Alucard. That means it will be good."
    Just because its alucard doesn't mean it will be good.

(spoiler)

alucard is in dawn of sorrow and hes totally sucky you dont know hes alucard till the end and he gets his ass beat easily, If its alucard and its a 3d game we can officially say Konami has ruined the alucard character.
    BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BoG
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    "BoG said:
    "Ok, I watched the trailer, that isn't Dracula. It is Alucard. That means it will be good."
    Just because its alucard doesn't mean it will be good.

(spoiler)

alucard is in dawn of sorrow and hes totally sucky you dont know hes alucard till the end and he gets his ass beat easily, If its alucard and its a 3d game we can officially say Konami has ruined the alucard character."
    Ok captain pessimism. This is Alucard in his classic form, not business attire. Just because past 3D vania games sucked, doesn't mean this one will. Let's hope for the best.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.