imadjustin's Catan (Xbox 360 Games Store) review

• imadjustin wrote this review on .

Does the board game justice

I am a fan of the board game, so I was super excited to find out that the game was coming to the Xbox Live Marketplace. I wondered how the game would translate to the virtual world, but I was not disappointed. It offers streamlined gameplay that I never found difficult to understand. The computer AI's offered a good challenge to the experienced player, but their "attitudes" can get annoying at times. Overall, I feel that if you like the board game then you'll love this, and if you've never played it before, then this is your chance to try something great.

p.s. I hope that one day we will see the various board game expansions of Catan (Seafarers, Cities and Knights) come to the XBL Marketplace.

Other reviews for Catan (Xbox 360 Games Store)

Great Console Board Game 0

I remember playing Catan when I was in college with some friends of mine.  Loved the game back then.  Now on XBLA it's just as good and more accessable.  There is no worry when it comes to board set up and rules.  This is a great game to play when you just want to wind down and you don't feel like getting into a huge story arc.   Great game and a must buy....

Catan more addictive than Crack 0

I never played the Board game before playing Live Arcades version of Catan.I remember it was one of the first titles released and still remains to this day a few years later one of my most played Xbox titles next to UNO, Carcassonne, and lumines.I downloaded the trial version of the game and gave it a whirl. At first I was not impressed it seemed overly convoluted at the time but I pursued with the demo and eventually went ahead and bought it. Best move I have ever made with an Xbox live arcade ...