Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Catherine

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Feb 17, 2011

The first game developed by Atlus for the PS3/Xbox 360. Made by the Persona Team, The game is an "adult oriented" action-adventure/horror game with puzzle platforming stages.

Anyone Else Surprised This Isn't A Suda 51 Game?

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

...come on, this has Suda 51 written all over it.   

No other guy has the mind to make fuckary as this, and it's surprising to see Atlus doing this with their own staff.  Everything from the trailer screams of Suda, from the music, the sex, the dialogue, and concepts. 

Oh well, just the vibe I get from this game...maybe a big surprise will be that Suda 51 wrote or had part in it? 

Who knows, a guy can dream.  :P

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By meteora

Maybe its a joint development between Suda 51 and Atlus. ;)

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By scarace360

im not the persona games where crazy so i wouldnt put it past em.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#4  Edited By donutfever

In their last game you jump into a TV where a hollow bear named Teddie accuses you of murder. THIS IS EQUALLY CRAZY.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By zityz

Suda 51 and Shin Magami are two of the best I think in obscure twisted awesomeness. 

Reason why I wouldn't say its suda is because the lack of dudes bleeding out all over the place and the lack of the F-bomb droped once in a while. 

I'm looking forward to this.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ

We've only seen a single quick cut trailer; we don't know much about it at this point.  Maybe it's not as crazy as it seems.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By mutha3
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " We've only seen a single quick cut trailer; we don't know much about it at this point.  Maybe it's not as crazy as it seems. "
    C'mon dude,

Man sheep with ties

Think about that sentence for a while
    SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By SpiralStairs

This actually looks like a typical Atlus game to be honest.

eliminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#9  Edited By eliminator

well Atlus is known for using sexual,demonic and ocult themes in their games.So it feels very Atlus to me.
    ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By ViciousReiven
    @EliminatoR said:
    " well Atlus is known for using sexual,demonic and ocult themes in their games.So it feels very Atlus to me. "
    This. Suda is more ultra violent hilarious mindfuck, this isn't (yet) on his levels of insanity ;)
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @mutha3 said:

" @FluxWaveZ said:

" We've only seen a single quick cut trailer; we don't know much about it at this point.  Maybe it's not as crazy as it seems. "
    C'mon dude, Man sheep with ties  Think about that sentence for a while "
    But that's only in his nightmares.  Everyone's nightmares are far from normal and lack coherency. 

As far as we know, his normal life is just what it is: normal.
    dprabon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By dprabon
    @SpiralStairs said:
    " This actually looks like a typical Atlus game to be honest.   "
    @EliminatoR said:
    " well Atlus is known for using sexual,demonic and ocult themes in their games.So it feels very Atlus to me. "
    Ya, Suda didn't come to my mind while watching this; instead I just thought, "Oh, ya another crazy / awesome / messed-up Atlus game".
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mutha3
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @mutha3 said:

" @FluxWaveZ said:

C'mon dude, Man sheep with ties  Think about that sentence for a while "
    But that's only in his nightmares.  Everyone's nightmares are far from normal and lack coherency.  As far as we know, his normal life is just what it is: normal. "
    Well.....looking at Atlus' previous titels....I somewhat doubt that.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @mutha3: True, but we'll see.  Maybe all the craziness could end up just happening in dream world, maybe not.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LiquidPrince

What are you talking about...? Atlus is pro at making fucked up games. In Persona 3, you shot yourself in the head.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Honestly, Suda's games are messed up in a way that's completely over-the-top, self-referential, and constantly pushing exactly how over-the-top they can get.  The Persona team (I wish I knew of a central creative figure on them other than Meguro) are crazy in ways that are justified in-story and based in some form of reality.

This is a game about the nightmares of a man with issues grounded in reality.  Suda's games are about physics-defying assassins in some fever dream version of our world.  Suda's last game began with a decapitated man delivering a monologue.  The last Persona game began with you getting off a train and shaking hands with a gas station attendant.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mutha3
    @Brodehouse said:

"  The Persona team (I wish I knew of a central creative figure on them other than Meguro) are crazy in ways that are justified in-story and based in some form of reality. 

Meguro is only a  composer, the main dude/director for SMT games(the ones worth playing, at least) has been Katsura Hasino since Nocturne in  2000. SMT games that haven't been under his control just aren't  up to snuff(though, most of them are still good). Thankfully, he's the director for Catherine.
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By animateria
    @Brodehouse said:
    " Honestly, Suda's games are messed up in a way that's completely over-the-top, self-referential, and constantly pushing exactly how over-the-top they can get.  The Persona team (I wish I knew of a central creative figure on them other than Meguro) are crazy in ways that are justified in-story and based in some form of reality.  This is a game about the nightmares of a man with issues grounded in reality.  Suda's games are about physics-defying assassins in some fever dream version of our world.  Suda's last game began with a decapitated man delivering a monologue.  The last Persona game began with you getting off a train and shaking hands with a gas station attendant. "
    Of course Persona 3 had a girl trying to shoot herself in the beginning. Then you take her gun and shoot yourself instead.
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Fallen189

Needs more Clover Studios

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#20  Edited By Hailinel
    @animateria said:
    " @Brodehouse said:
    " Honestly, Suda's games are messed up in a way that's completely over-the-top, self-referential, and constantly pushing exactly how over-the-top they can get.  The Persona team (I wish I knew of a central creative figure on them other than Meguro) are crazy in ways that are justified in-story and based in some form of reality.  This is a game about the nightmares of a man with issues grounded in reality.  Suda's games are about physics-defying assassins in some fever dream version of our world.  Suda's last game began with a decapitated man delivering a monologue.  The last Persona game began with you getting off a train and shaking hands with a gas station attendant. "
    Of course Persona 3 had a girl trying to shoot herself in the beginning. Then you take her gun and shoot yourself instead. "
    Or the way that Nocturne starts with the apocalypse within the first thirty minutes of the game.  Or how the world in Digital Devil Saga gets completely messed up when everyone is turned into demonic cannibals.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.