Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Catherine

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Feb 17, 2011

The first game developed by Atlus for the PS3/Xbox 360. Made by the Persona Team, The game is an "adult oriented" action-adventure/horror game with puzzle platforming stages.

Weekly Rundown - 07/25-07/31

sixtyxcelph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

Edited By sixtyxcelph

Games this week:

• Xbox 360 - Catherine
    • PS3          - Persona 3
    • PSP          - Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

Late one, but, this'll be short this week.  It's been almost completely dominated by Atlus, except for an hour earlier today while I was at the laundrette with my PSP.

So, to kick things off, Catherine.  That came out this past Tuesday.  I did a little blurb on it before, check that out for my full thoughts.  Beat it once, doing another playthrough to clear up some Achievements and get some more endings.  Eight endings total!  Anyway, my previous write-up continues to hold true.  Even more so now on my second playthrough when I'm seeing how little impact the choices have on the story.  Sure, it changes his inner monologue, you get one, maybe two if you're lucky, different text messages on certain nights, and one of eight different endings, but... yeah, not a lot really changes.  I kind o' wish they'd just lifted that part out and had Vincent be wishy-washy the entire game instead of only wishy-washy when I wasn't choosing a dialogue option.  BUT, it is very important to note that I've come around and I like the game.  I still don't care for the block puzzles but I've at least figured them out well enough to not be frustrated.  But the story is interesting and written well, even with my gripes.  It seems to be very polarizing, as well.  Anyway!

Other than that, played a lot of Persona 3.  I'm really falling in love with that game.  To the detriment to the other games I was in the middle of, Dragon Age: Origins and Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon!  But I'm loving it, almost 20 hours in.

And finally, a tiny bit of Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep.  It's still grabbing me yet, but, it's something to play while I'm sitting around at the laundrette.  I think I may just be over the Kingdom Hearts franchise... until they put out a proper sequel, anyway.  Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days was fun and well-written, but... I kind o' just didn't care as much as I did about Kingdom Hearts II.  It is awesome to be seeing some new worlds in Birth by Sleep, though.

And that's it!  Pretty much just Atlus all week long.  See y'all next week!

sixtyxcelph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By sixtyxcelph

Games this week:

• Xbox 360 - Catherine
    • PS3          - Persona 3
    • PSP          - Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

Late one, but, this'll be short this week.  It's been almost completely dominated by Atlus, except for an hour earlier today while I was at the laundrette with my PSP.

So, to kick things off, Catherine.  That came out this past Tuesday.  I did a little blurb on it before, check that out for my full thoughts.  Beat it once, doing another playthrough to clear up some Achievements and get some more endings.  Eight endings total!  Anyway, my previous write-up continues to hold true.  Even more so now on my second playthrough when I'm seeing how little impact the choices have on the story.  Sure, it changes his inner monologue, you get one, maybe two if you're lucky, different text messages on certain nights, and one of eight different endings, but... yeah, not a lot really changes.  I kind o' wish they'd just lifted that part out and had Vincent be wishy-washy the entire game instead of only wishy-washy when I wasn't choosing a dialogue option.  BUT, it is very important to note that I've come around and I like the game.  I still don't care for the block puzzles but I've at least figured them out well enough to not be frustrated.  But the story is interesting and written well, even with my gripes.  It seems to be very polarizing, as well.  Anyway!

Other than that, played a lot of Persona 3.  I'm really falling in love with that game.  To the detriment to the other games I was in the middle of, Dragon Age: Origins and Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon!  But I'm loving it, almost 20 hours in.

And finally, a tiny bit of Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep.  It's still grabbing me yet, but, it's something to play while I'm sitting around at the laundrette.  I think I may just be over the Kingdom Hearts franchise... until they put out a proper sequel, anyway.  Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days was fun and well-written, but... I kind o' just didn't care as much as I did about Kingdom Hearts II.  It is awesome to be seeing some new worlds in Birth by Sleep, though.

And that's it!  Pretty much just Atlus all week long.  See y'all next week!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.