Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Catherine

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Feb 17, 2011

The first game developed by Atlus for the PS3/Xbox 360. Made by the Persona Team, The game is an "adult oriented" action-adventure/horror game with puzzle platforming stages.

What do you want from a sequel?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FluxWaveZ

In April, CEO of Index, Atlus' parent company, Yoshimi Ogawa had said that "she hopes to develop a variety of content business opportunities for Catherine", labelling it Atlus' next new IP following in Megami Tensei's and Etrian Odyssey's footsteps.  

Continued development in the "Catherine" franchise could mean as little as Japan-only social games, but if there was to be an actual sequel, what would you want from it? Would you want returning characters, returning locations, more puzzles, less puzzles, a different puzzle mechanic...? 

Source

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#2  Edited By donutfever
    Wouldn't want the cast to be the exact same, though Boss, Trisha and Catherine would make sense. Game-wise, I would want more things to do during the Stray Sheep-equivalent of the game.
    sixtyxcelph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By sixtyxcelph

I would definitely want it fleshed out a little bit more.  And frankly, strip out the whole meter system.  Just give me a bunch of questions at the end if you must insist that there be multiple endings.  I wouldn't mind seeing the characters again, I liked the writing for Vincent and his buddies, but, I honestly can't think of a good way to bring them back.  And definitely a new puzzle mechanic if it was the returning characters would make the most sense, since Vincent has been basically promised he'll never have to do that again.

I think, most of all, I'd like to see the balance of story gameplay versus puzzle gameplay lean much more heavily on the story stuff.  My favorite part was wandering the Stray Sheep.

Really, though, I don't know that I want a sequel that's just a rehash of the same story... and I don't know how they'd do it otherwise.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @SixtyXCelph said:
    Really, though, I don't know that I want a sequel that's just a rehash of the same story... and I don't know how they'd do it otherwise.
    In a previous thread, someone had jokingly said something akin to "It could essentially be the 'Crazy bitches franchise'". So, maybe the game could still focus on relationships but in different, troublesome circumstances.
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By kingzetta

Keep golden playhouse but make it several shorter twighlight zone like episodes.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By YI_Orange

I don't think I would want a sequel to Catherine, recurring characters or not. I can't see much that you can do with it in order to keep the story interesting and always have a twist. Though, I guess, if there had to be a sequel I would want to see more varied gameplay or at least a better core mechanic.

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
    Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Lemmycaution217

@kingzetta said:

Keep golden playhouse but make it several shorter twighlight zone like episodes.

That actually sounds pretty awesome.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By LiquidPrince

@DonutFever said:

Wouldn't want the cast to be the exact same, though Boss, Trisha and Catherine would make sense. Game-wise, I would want more things to do during the Stray Sheep-equivalent of the game.

I would want it to have all the original cast in some major capacity. A new cheater as the main character could work though.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By YI_Orange

@kingzetta said:

Or this. That sounds like it could be great.

sixtyxcelph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By sixtyxcelph
    @FluxWaveZ: If there are console sequels, I'm basically expecting this.  Like with Persona, same basic kind of premise, coming of age high school tale, but different trappings and story.  I just don't know what you take away from Catherine to do an Atlus style sequel.  Like @YI_Orange said, what can you change that isn't just the same storyline, basically?
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mutha3

I don't want a Catherine sequel. I love the game, but a huge part is because is because the game is a huge breath of fresh air.

Don't waste the Persona team's time with another sequel laden franchise>:( more new IPs plz

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#12  Edited By natetodamax

If they were to make a sequel, I think there should be more non-puzzle gameplay segments instead of just the bar. I think Vincent and his gang have to return, because I grew really attached to those guys by the end of the game. Orlando especially, because he's a champ.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.