Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Cave Story

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Dec 20, 2004

Initially a freeware "Metroidvania"-style 2D platformer game created entirely by Daisuke Amaya for the PC, Cave Story follows the tale of a silent amnesiac in a long-winding cavern filled with monsters (including the friendly rabbit-like Mimigas). It received numerous enhanced ports by Nicalis for computers and Nintendo consoles.

Which version of cave story is the best?

L0ki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By L0ki

I'm debating whether or not it's worth spending the money on the wiiware version and was wondering if anybody had any input.

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By dtat

From what I've played, the Wiiware version is undoubtedly superior to the free pc version.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By eroticfishcake

I think they're the same gameplay wise whereas the Wii version has enhanced graphics so it looks a little snazzier. If you're low on funds then you should download the free PC version otherwise you might as well support them and buy it.

Lelcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#4  Edited By Lelcar

The Wiiware version is pretty amazing. Although, that game gets balls hard nearing the end.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By SeriouslyNow

The PC version, which is free, has mods.  This is makes it superior in my view

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Contro

@L0ki:

The WiiWare version all the way, It's far more charming than the bare bones PC release. I love the WiiWare versions new graphics, which still feel retro and familiar, but new at the same time. I also love the new musical score, which is far more catchier than the one found in the original PC version. 

The WiiWare game is awesome, it's only 1,000 Nintendo Points and you could have no complaints about it's quality, however, I should point that Cave Story 3D for 3DS is going to be released later this year, on August 9th, and that looks to be the best version yet. It will be priced as any other 3DS game though.

No Caption Provided

liako21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By liako21

I bought the new 3ds eshop version for 10 bucks. It is my first playing the game and I am really liking the story and challenge (though forgetting to save and having to restart from WAAAAY back sucks) The new 3d effects are subtle, but great on the pixel artsy backgrounds.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.