Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Champions Online

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Sep 01, 2009

Champions Online is a superhero action-MMORPG for PC. It was developed by Cryptic Studios, the makers of City of Heroes.

Can someone please help me out?

Avatar image for the_philosopher
    The_Philosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By The_Philosopher

Ok, so I bought Champions on steam. After buying it steam opened up a web page where you make your account. I made my account, punched in my code. It says on the site "You are subscribed to: Champions Online Retail Steam with 30 free days" but right below it asks me to put in my credit card or a game card. I can't make my account without paying them more money? It says right on steam that there is a "30 day trial included with purchase". It says it on the website too.  

So I ask what the fuck? I bought the game and i'm supposed to have 30 free days so why do I need to buy game time right now? Is there anyway around this? Did anyone just use the 30 days that comes with the game or do you have to buy a gamecard? 

I was able to download it from steam because steam has paypal. However I can't subscribe on the website because my dad doesn't want to give out his credit card info or be billed monthly. The only store in my town is fucking Walmart and they don't have any gamecards and I can't find any gamecards on the net to buy ethier. 

So basically I bought the game for $50 and It says on steam in comes with a 30 day trial. So how do I use my 30 day trial of is steam just lying to me. Which is complete bullshit. 

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Hamz

All MMO's tend to have 30 days of free play once you buy either the retail or digital copy of the game. After those 30 days you must pay a monthly subscription fee to continue playing the game.

Usually the MMO account asks for you to punch in credit card information so they have that information to automatically bill you for your next month of playtime once your 30 days of free playtime has ended.

The_Philosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The_Philosopher
    @Hamz:
    Yea but when it says trial I figured I could try it before I subscribe.
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hamz
    @The_Philosopher: Technically you are able too, if you punch in the credit card information it wouldn't bill you for your next month of playtime until after the 30 days that came with the game had expired. So essentially you should be able to cancel your payment option for the game within the 30 day trial period before it ends and you subsequently get billed for the next 30 days.
    The_Philosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Philosopher
    @Hamz:
    Thanks, that's a good idea. So do you think I should be able to enter the card info then cancel the subscription right away and i'll still have my 30 days?
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hamz
    @The_Philosopher: I'd imagine so.
    jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By jimbo_n

Yea all MMOs requires you to enter either a game card or a credit card to actually activate the 30 free days. So if you dont want to keep playing after 1 month you have to remove the card from their billing system again. MMO´s 101
    Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Kazona

That's normal. Just punch in your CC information, give it a day or two, and then cancel your subscription; you should still have the free 30 days.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.