Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Champions Online

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Sep 01, 2009

Champions Online is a superhero action-MMORPG for PC. It was developed by Cryptic Studios, the makers of City of Heroes.

French site handing out beta keys

• 169 results
    CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By CoverlessTech

I think the entire Champion Online server farm just hit the wall. Forums aren't working and the launcher is giving a "cannot display webpage". Oh well, guess I'll try again tomorrow and just enjoy District 9 tonight.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By CL60

WTF?! I was finally at 10 minute wait then all of a sudden I jumped down in the line and it's at 32 minutes again.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#53  Edited By Out_On_Bail

This patching is such a mess. I guess that's what open Beta's are for, but still. I've been messing around with this for the past few hours and still haven't even seen a good percentage of it finished. 

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#54  Edited By citizenkane

Looks like Cryptic's servers crashed agian.  If today is any sign of things to come, this is definitely not a good sign for the game.

CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By CoverlessTech
    @CL60: welcome to the hell know as fileplanet.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By CL60
    @CoverlessTech: Yeah, it's dumb, it said my place in line was like 100/300 and wait time was 15ish or so minutes then all of a sudden my place in the line is. 590/857 and I went back up to wait time of 35 minutes.

It's bullshit.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By Jayge_

THIRD TIME *IS* THE TRY, YES! 

Now to restart endlessly while it fucks itself continuously.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By Diamond

Between the lifetime subs, microtransactions, fileplanet association, and severe installation and patching issues with the game half a month away, looks like this is going to be one big failure

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Jayge_
    @Diamond said:
    " Between the lifetime subs, microtransactions, fileplanet association, and severe installation and patching issues with the game half a month away, looks like this is going to be one big failure "
    What beta for an MMO these days really doesn't go through fileplanet or have patching issues in the open beta? It's like a right of passage by now. Stop doomsaying.
    CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By CoverlessTech

The servers are back up and it seems to not be locking up, still slow as shit though.

@Diamond said:

" Between the lifetime subs, microtransactions, fileplanet association, and severe installation and patching issues with the game half a month away, looks like this is going to be one big failure "

Are microtransactions confirmed? As in content you can ONLY get through microtransactions? As long as I can et everything through playing I don't mind. I guess they are getting a lot more interest then they where expecting.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By CL60
    @Jayge said:
    " @Diamond said:
    What beta for an MMO these days really doesn't go through fileplanet or have patching issues in the open beta? It's like a right of passage by now. Stop doomsaying. "
    this
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Diamond

Can't remember the last beta I played that had problems quite this severe right off the block.  Plenty of betas don't require you to pay to DL from FP either.

As far as the microtransactions, even if you can earn the items in game, it's a horrible aspect if a person can simply buy an item I have to 'work' ingame for hours to get.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By Karmum

Maybe I'm just seeing things, but I went from 200MB to almost 2GB within like two minutes. I tried that method and it screwed it up, uninstalled and reinstalled and it's patching really, really quickly.

cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By cloneslayer

im 178 in the que to start downloading... still going to be like 30 minutes 

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Karmum

Well, it went from 0 to 1.6GB within two minutes, but now it seems to be going at a steady 900 kb/s. Seems like the fun was over.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#66  Edited By giyanks22

Thanks I got mine...Much appreciated...Gotta love the French....I guess they kinda do owe us Americans something...

No Caption Provided
    CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By CoverlessTech
    @Diamond said:
    "As far as the microtransactions, even if you can earn the items in game, it's a horrible aspect if a person can simply buy an item I have to 'work' ingame for hours to get. "
    Why does it bother you how someone else plays the game? Maybe someone doesn't want to play for hours to get loot so they just buy it. How does that in any way affect you? You can go buy it or you can enjoy the game and work towards it. Hell people have always been able to buy gold and items in MMOs from unofficial sources. It's only a problem if they offer something unique to people who pay. 

If you consider it "work" you can always buy it yourself, or you know, not play the game.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By CL60

I'm still in the line at fileplanet xD

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Diamond
    @CoverlessTech said:
    Why does it bother you how someone else plays the game? Maybe someone doesn't want to play for hours to get loot so they just buy it. How does that in any way affect you? You can go buy it or you can enjoy the game and work towards it. Hell people have always been able to buy gold and items in MMOs from unofficial sources. It's only a problem if they offer something unique to people who pay.   If you consider it "work" you can always buy it yourself, or you know, not play the game. "
    In any game it's absolutely vital for players to be on even footing to me.  Part of my competitive nature.  Many MMOs will ban players for buying gold or accounts.  People can be scammed or ripped off.

I plan on not playing the game anyways, but I was very interested in CO until the last month or so...
    Psyx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Psyx2

I get to around to the 600th place in line then I jump right back up to 900. Curse you FilePlanet.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Jayge_
    @Diamond said:

" Can't remember the last beta I played that had problems quite this severe right off the block.  Plenty of betas don't require you to pay to DL from FP either.  As far as the microtransactions, even if you can earn the items in game, it's a horrible aspect if a person can simply buy an item I have to 'work' ingame for hours to get. "

This doesn't require you to pay. I didn't. And the micro-transactions will be cosmetic-only, as far as I know.
    n00d13z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By n00d13z

I downloaded it, installed it. Everything. Go to start it up. and the server is down. >.>
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By CL60

@Psyx2 said:

" I get to around to the 600th place in line then I jump right back up to 900. Curse you FilePlanet. "

Happened to me as well. Twice.

EDIT: No wait, just checked it again, 3 times.
    Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Out_On_Bail

woot it's moving now, just hit 1% and it only took 30 minutes, go me!

cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By cloneslayer
    @CoverlessTech said:
    " @Jayge: Do this:

1) Go to Program Files/Cryptic Studios/Champion Online/Live/Prepatch/piggs and delete everything in the piggs folder.(Should be a bunch of 65kb files)
    2) Go to Program Files/Cryptic Studios/Champion Online/Live/Piggs and delete all the files there.
    3)Copy all the .hogg files in Program Files/Cryptic Studios/Champion Online/Live/ and paste them in Program Files/Cryptic Studios/Champion Online/Live/Piggs. "
    so you do this after you download the client and right before patching? or do you start the patch first and then do this
    CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By CoverlessTech
    @Diamond said:

" @CoverlessTech said:

Why does it bother you how someone else plays the game? Maybe someone doesn't want to play for hours to get loot so they just buy it. How does that in any way affect you? You can go buy it or you can enjoy the game and work towards it. Hell people have always been able to buy gold and items in MMOs from unofficial sources. It's only a problem if they offer something unique to people who pay.   If you consider it "work" you can always buy it yourself, or you know, not play the game. "

In any game it's absolutely vital for players to be on even footing to me.  Part of my competitive nature.  Many MMOs will ban players for buying gold or accounts.  People can be scammed or ripped off.  I plan on not playing the game anyways, but I was very interested in CO until the last month or so... "
    As long as all the items are obtainable by everyone in both ways everyone is going to be on even footing. How many people do you think are going to actually pay real money for in game stuff anyways? 

"Yeah I just hit level 10, time to go buy a bunch of cool level 10 gear that will be outdated in a few hours when I hit level 11".

No one is going to do that, especially not enough to throw balance and especially not enough to affect you in any way.

@Cloneslayer: Start the patch. Close it with X(don't cancel) then do that and start the patch again. 
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By citizenkane

I'm not sitting at 24.3%.  whoopie!

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Out_On_Bail
    @CitizenKane: seriously, you are already at that percent or did I completely miss your joke? You said your 'not' there, but I smell sarcasm. Bah, I think I've already looked too deep into this!
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By CL60
    @Out_On_Bail said:
    " @CitizenKane: seriously, you are already at that percent or did I completely miss your joke? You said your 'not' there, but I smell sarcasm. Bah, I think I've already looked too deep into this! "
    I may be wrong but I think he may mean he was stuck at 24% but he isn't anymore?
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Jayge_

I'm at 4% and I hate all of you.

cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By cloneslayer
    @CoverlessTech said:  
     @Cloneslayer: Start the patch. Close it with X(don't cancel) then do that and start the patch again.  "
    thx a lot 

still have to wait like 30 mins though. at like 97 in the que
    CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By CoverlessTech

It keeps locking up at ~870 KBs for me

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Out_On_Bail
    @CL60 said:
    " @Out_On_Bail said:
    " @CitizenKane: seriously, you are already at that percent or did I completely miss your joke? You said your 'not' there, but I smell sarcasm. Bah, I think I've already looked too deep into this! "
    I may be wrong but I think he may mean he was stuck at 24% but he isn't anymore? "
    Ahh yes, that makes sense.  Thanks for that, lol. I was completely lost but I think you figured it out.  I think this says something about citizenKane's joke: he's not really a funny guy. ;-)
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By CL60

I can't even get passed this fucking fileplanet line and it's starting to piss me off intensively.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Out_On_Bail
    @CL60: I've been a member of them for a little bit now. When I redownloaded the client earlier it took me 10 minutes. I don't know your money situation, but I do enjoy the premium downloads from them for the price of 15 bucks every few months.  Just something to think about.  Plus I get beta access to whatever is available, been enjoying the Huxley beta recently because of it.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By CL60
    @Out_On_Bail said:
    " @CL60: I've been a member of them for a little bit now. When I redownloaded the client earlier it took me 10 minutes. I don't know your money situation, but I do enjoy the premium downloads from them for the price of 15 bucks every few months.  Just something to think about.  Plus I get beta access to whatever is available, been enjoying the Huxley beta recently because of it. "
    I got into the Huxley beta without fileplanet. And I don't really think it's worth 15 bucks a month. I used to have a premium account but I don't anymore because I was not using it very often.
    n00d13z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By n00d13z

"The Champions  Online website is currently down for maitenance. Normal gameplay is not affected." 
    I got this message when i try to play. >.>

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CL60: It's a 15% quarterly fee, which is every 3 months. All the same I can understand your point. Just wanted to toss out that information for you incase you were interested.   

edi: 15%? 15$*
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By CL60
    @Out_On_Bail said:
    " @CL60: It's a 15% quarterly fee, which is every 3 months. All the same I can understand your point. Just wanted to toss out that information for you incase you were interested.    edi: 15%? 15$* "
    It seems I went up in the line again back up to 32 minutes remaining >.>
    TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By TheFreeMan

I am getting jumbled around the lineup rapidly right now. When I started I was at 530/530 (obviously), then I went down to 350/603 or something, then up to 370, then up to 380, and then it went to 380/403.

Man, this thing is all over the place.

Oh, wait, went back up to 600 there again.

WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#91  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

Thanks, you rock! Got my key and made an account but Fileplanets being a bitch like usual, so I'll try to download tomorrow, le sigh.

cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By cloneslayer

I'm actually downloading now!!!!!!

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By citizenkane
    @CL60 said:
    " @Out_On_Bail said:
    I may be wrong but I think he may mean he was stuck at 24% but he isn't anymore? "
    I meant to say "I'm now sitting at 24.3%".  But then it froze and I had to start over.  :(
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By CL60
    @CitizenKane said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @Out_On_Bail said:
    I meant to say "I'm now sitting at 24.3%".  But then it froze and I had to start over.  :( "
    Oh, well that sucks.
    Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Out_On_Bail
    @CitizenKane: Ouch. Well you shouldn't really be starting over, the percentage starts over but what you've already DL'd should still be there. The patched file xxxx.xxMB/950MB <- that 950 should be a smaller number then what you started with.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By CL60

I've been stuck at the same place in the line for about 30 minutes now.

karneh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#97  Edited By karneh

<3 and kisses

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By CL60

Fileplanet needs to go die.

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#99  Edited By Metroid545
    @CowMuffins said:
    " How long does the email take to get sent? Was it instantaneous for you guys? "
    yeah i got it right away, try answering again or checking your spam
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By citizenkane
    @Out_On_Bail said:
    " @CitizenKane: Ouch. Well you shouldn't really be starting over, the percentage starts over but what you've already DL'd should still be there. The patched file xxxx.xxMB/950MB <- that 950 should be a smaller number then what you started with. "
    That's what I meant by "starting over".  Sorry I didn't clarify.  Trying to get this beta going is causing my brain to explode.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.