Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Child of Eden

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jun 14, 2011

Q Entertainment's music shooter for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. It features support for the Kinect and Move controllers, and is considered a spiritual successor to the cult classic, Rez.

50 Dollars for The Genki Rocket's Album That Came Out In 2008

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

Sup fools,

Just got eating dinner at a diner with a girl I'm going to have sex with later tonight. While at the diner eating dinner, we noticed a couple of fat people talking about how they can't stop eating and how it was a real disease, and how they should get a lower premium in their insurance for it. It got the girl thinking about when we used to live in Japan at Keio U and how Genki Rockets Volume 1 was the perfect album for our summer together.

Then it got me thinking, Child of Eden has almost every song from Genki Rockets and they want 50 bucks for it. Sure it might be REZ, hell it's REZ with the Genki Rocket's music videos playing in the background. Sure you got Kinect support, but with those visuals do you really want to be standing up as you're lighting up and/or drinking that shot of everclear? Hell fucking no.

They are selling a 3 year old album which I bought when I went to Keio University, and have a signed copy of, with nothing more than a re-skinning with controller support. I can load up Polynominal or even Beat Hazard Ultra and get a very similar experience. Hell, I own the album and can play the songs any time I want without having to look at those visuals...and if I wanted to, I could boot up WinAmp and get a freaky playable visualizer for the same deal.

I got no problem with this game. I am just fucking surprised that this game is going for 50 bucks when it's just the first Genki Rocket's album mixed with REZ.

That's my rant, the chick is bored now.

SO FEEL THE WIND!

EDIT: If anything, they could've put the entire future album on this. At the very least...every song on here is at least 3 years old.

EDIT2: Oh wow, looking at the price for this in Japan...it's 10 bucks cheaper than America. Even Japan knows the game isn't worth that price for a 3 year old album.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By iamjohn

@KaosAngel said:

Sure you got Kinect support, but with those visuals do you really want to be standing up as you're lighting up and/or drinking that shot of everclear? Hell fucking no.

Speak for yourself. B)

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KaosAngel

@Lebensbaum said:

@KaosAngel said:

with nothing more than a re-skinning

It's not merely Rez with new tunes; all of the levels are entirely new and original. Gameplay is roughly the same but there's plenty of new beauty to discover.

It's the same fucking music from 2008. Their new album is due out late this year or early next. The very least they could've put a couple of their new songs on there. Hell, the game is cheaper in Japan than it is stateside and that's a rarity for gaming. Normally Japanese games are way higher priced.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By iamjohn

@KaosAngel: Yeah and Rez was all licensed music, so what's your point?

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KaosAngel

@iAmJohn said:

@KaosAngel: Yeah and Rez was all licensed music, so what's your point?

You understand what the Genki Rockets are right? It's a fake digitally made band made by the creators of REZ. They have been working on the second album for the past 3 years and they couldn't even use their new songs. These are all old songs that have been overplayed almost daily in 2008 in Japan. The new album's songs are almost done, and they could've used songs from the newer album.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iamjohn

@KaosAngel: No, I have never heard of Genki Rockets before.

I am truly sorry for your loss of having heard these songs millions of times before because you spent time in a country where people have heard of Genki Rockets, but that is not America, nor do I particularly care since the only GR song I remember anyway is Heavenly Star, and that's mostly because it was so prominent in No More Heroes. So yes, hypothetically they could have used stuff from the second album. But also: ask me if I care.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KaosAngel

@iAmJohn: Well that explains why the game is cheaper in Japan than America. The majority of Americans more than likely never heard any of their songs. You stand correct.

umdesch4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By umdesch4

Ummm...I have the special edition of Heavenly Star here, and both the Heavenly Star and Breeze 12" singles on vinyl, plus a bunch of other random stuff I've downloaded. The music in Child of Eden, or at least the first 3 levels I played this evening, while calling me back heavily to that album, really is a significant reworking of the material. It's not like they just dropped the original tracks into the game, or even straightforward remixes.

While I share your frustration that the new Genki Rockets album is taking for-freakin-ever to get done and released, I think you're oversimplifying what Child of Eden actually is...and thank god people outside of Japan who desperately need some decent music are finally getting exposed to Genki Rockets. Shouldn't that make you at least a little happy? It might push Tetsuya to finally get on with releasing the new album already!

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KaosAngel

@umdesch4: That is true and a lot of my anger is because Tetsuya has been putting off this album for fucking years but keeps hyping it up to be better than the first. 2 fucking years of non-stop hyping, and I figure Child of Eden would have the new tracks.

On the plus side, I got this on pre-order for PS3 on Play-Asia, as those cocksuckers at Ubisoft are too retarded to release this on PS3. Oh well, their loss not mine.

umdesch4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By umdesch4

@KaosAngel: Yup, I totally hear you on the second album release delays. I also thought maybe this game would have some all-new tracks (like with new vocals etc.), but I wasn't pinning my hopes on it too much, so I didn't end up too disappointed about it, just the general "<sigh>, still waiting" feeling.

And also, yes, the whole way the PS3 side of this is being handled blows. Thankfully I've also got a 360 with a Kinect, so I'm doing that for now.

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Beaudacious

1. The tone of your writing portrays, makes me want to shove my fist in your face.
    2. Apparently you don't understand the principle of making money on a business venture. Extending said income by releasing dlc containing the new tracks on a simultaneous release with the album.
    3. It seems you're angry with the musical group and not the game.
    4. Should Rockband be 10$ because you have all those songs on your ipod? Or should it be free because some songs on rockband are older then you?
    5. Genki Rockets makes me want to murder kittens, and hope ww3 comes on the next morning. How can you listen to a fake auto-tuned voice, that's been auto tuned again to a degree that nails on a chalk board provide a more pleasant sound.  Also there's enough emo pop girls singing about love with a electronic background in today's music industry.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Lunar_Aura

I got it for forty buckx at the local Toys 'R Us and I kinda feel gypped. It isn't gripping me as Rez does and even going to Rez HD today feels more, hm, 'right' I guess.

Lumi is just too effing weird. Why is there a real girl in my trippy synaesthesic videogame? So, very, odd. EDIT: I never heard of these Geking Rockets so its all new to me.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KaosAngel

@Beaudacious: Why you on the Child of Eden board when you have no interest in Genki Rockets? The entire point of the game is a long music video for the Genki Rockets. The game's title is a reference to the lead singer Lumi. If you knew anything about the band it's that people have been waiting for the second album far longer than this game and the hopes were that this game would contain new tracks. Instead most of it is remixes.

It's also why the game is running for around 30-40 bucks in Japan, when it's usually 90-100 dollars for a standard PS3/360 game in Japan. People have been waiting for years and years for the new Genki Rockets tracks.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KaosAngel

@LunarAura said:

Why is there a real girl in my trippy synaesthesic videogame? So, very, odd. EDIT: I never heard of these Geking Rockets so its all new to me.

She isn't real yet. She was born in space on Sept. 11 2037 and has formed a band called the Genki Rockets, the game No More Heroes takes place when Lumi is 18 and her first single Heavenly Star is released. Later on, when Lumi and the Genki Rockets finish their first album, they send it back in time to 2008 for the past to listen to and it becomes a hit. It's 2011 and still no new album.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Lunar_Aura

@KaosAngel: I'm only on the second level, you could've put spoilers for me :(

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KaosAngel

@LunarAura: Spoilers? It's the story of Genki Rockets in their first album. I haven't played it yet either, I'm waiting for the PS3 version to ship later this week from import. It's honestly the band's history.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By beforet

Do these fat kids follow you around? Or do you follow them around?

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Beaudacious
    @KaosAngel: Because i like to wander around boards. The point of the game isn't a long music video, its being a video game. You also make it seem like someone has a gun to your head forcing you to buy this game. I really don't care how long fanboys have been waiting for Genki rockets albums, i must guess that number is miniscule otherwise demand would of dictated a quick second album to capitalize on hype.

Culture has allot of influence on everything, if the Japanese market is saturated with genki rockets then the price has to reflect that. In America no one gives a fuck about the genki rockets, most people will probably just think its some in game music. 

So in the end don't buy the game if you think its a remix, use that money to buy that girl you fuck so much a dildo for all her acting. Then purchase the new album when its released.
    granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19  Edited By granderojo

Anyone who has played this, is it worth the 50 dollars? I was thinking of waiting for price drop or even a steam/pc version, but is it a full game?

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By McGhee

I'm always trying to figure out if you realize that you always mention how you are about to bone a lady or have just boned a lady in every single thread you start. If you do it on purpose to brag or are lying, you are a douche bag. If you really just always happen to be boning ladies and mention it all the time without noticing, then you are a very cool douche bag.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

umdesch4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By umdesch4

@thabigred: Depends on what you want out of it, and how you're going to play it. I feel it's worth every cent, but partly because it takes full advantage of the giant screen projection and rather beefy surround sound I've got in my home theater, and it is finally a Kinect title with pure 1-to-1 motion response that works well.

Looking at it purely in terms of how much material there is in the "campaign", it's hard to call this a full game in the same sense as something like a FPS. But it does seem to have enough options to change things up a bit in replays that you can get some decent mileage out of it that way. I fully intend to be playing this several times, and like Rez, possibly every once in a while for years to come.

One caveat though, I've only started playing this earlier this evening, and I haven't finished my first playthrough yet.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KaosAngel

@umdesch4: How long is it for a single full run? A little over an hour I hope...and how is the surrond sond on it? That's the bigger question...how well does it use 5.1/7.1?

salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By salad10203

Anyone who opens their post with "i'm going to have sex tonight" immediately loses credibility.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By aurahack

I have never heard the Genki Rockets album and Rez is my favorite game, so I'll gladly pay $50 for it. 

umdesch4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By umdesch4

@KaosAngel: From what I've heard, the run time on it if you can play it straight through is approximately 90 minutes. Me? I get my ass handed to me by the third level, but that's just 'cuz I'm lame. The surround sound on it fills the room nicely, but it doesn't seem to have much in the way of distinct effects that jump out at you from the rears. It's hard for me to say because after a couple minutes of playing, I got so sucked into the experience that my critical analysis skills short-circuited. Suffice it to say, it makes you feel fully immersed in what you're doing. The intro cut-scene has some swirling cyclical panning around the room that's pretty awesome, that I DEFINITELY noticed! Oh, and my subs got a good workout. There's actual proper use of the LFE channel in there. ;)

BTW, my system is only 5.1, and according to the game manual the audio options are 5.1, stereo, and monaural(!) (It seemed to default to 5.1, so I didn't check in the actual game if they'd added any +5.1 options)

PS. You know what. Let me get back to you with second impressions after I've played this a bit more, and am trying to be more technically discerning.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By KaosAngel

@umdesch4: Dooooo it. Gah, Play-Asia still says pre-order, and June 2011. Tempted to watch it on YouTube...so hard to resist.

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CaptainCody

Someone having sex with KaosAngel? Either she's ugly or someones getting raped tonight.
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29  Edited By Yanngc33

I have to pay 70$ for it in my country so I'm going to pretend that the music and videos in that game are all original work and took 4 years to make

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@Beforet said:

Do these fat kids follow you around? Or do you follow them around?

He follows them around. It's the only way the girl will have sex with him.

JamesKond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#31  Edited By JamesKond
    @KaosAngel said:

Sup fools,

Just got eating dinner at a diner with a girl I'm going to have sex with later tonight.

Hey, internet hipster douche bag.. gtfo..
    BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BBQBram

Wow, look at his post count, and he's getting laid? Whaddacoolguy!

OH WAIT.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kaos is the biggest troll on these boards.

Pay him no mind.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34  Edited By Oldirtybearon
    @Khann said:

Kaos is the biggest troll on these boards.

Pay him no mind.

Entirely this.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
    deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Child of Eden will be a games on demand title within the next five months, mark my words.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36  Edited By EuanDewar

This may be your best intro yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.