EA requires that this game needs an "always-on" internet connection, as part of a new form of DRM. EA may retire online features after 30 days notice on EA.com, which includes authentication servers.
Once it's been disconnected, it doesn't make any attempt to reconnect. That means even a momentary interruption to your connection kills your session completely: everything you do from then on is not saved.
The only way to avoid losing progress is to save your game the moment you get the disconnected message, quit out, then start it again. Otherwise, you won't be connected to EA's servers even if you're connected to the internet, and finishing any mission will erase all your progress.
On July 8, 2009, a tweet from EA UK
's public relations team was posted with a link to a press release which officially announced the game. However, the link provided leads to a list of press releases, which the one mentioned is not included on as of now.
The title was officially announced on July 9, 2009, billed as being the end of the 15-year old Tiberium
saga, with humanity being on the brink of extinction. The game takes place in the year 2062, and Tiberium has made the planet nearly uninhabitable.
Main FeaturesClass Based Factions:
Factions are divided into three different classes; Defense. Offense, and Support. Aside from a few standard units, each faction consists of completely distinct units, structures, upgrades, and special powers.
Crawler Centric Gameplay:
- Defense: Main focus is on infantry, bunkers, and defense turrets.
- Offense: Main focus on tanks and frontline combat.
- Support: Main focus on aircraft, flexibility and mobility.
The crawler is a very large all in one mobile vehicle, and provides access to all units, structures, and abilities. If the crawler is destroyed, it respawns after a few seconds, at which point, the player gets to choose what class he wants to play. Player Progression:
The player accumulates experience by playing the game, whether through completing objectives or destroying units. A player's progress is persistent across the single-player campaign, skirmish and online gameplay, meaning that any experience gained while playing any of these modes is added to the player's main profile. As the player collects experience, his profile levels up, giving him access to new units, upgrades and abilities. Current the level cap is 40.5V5 Multiplayer:
The multiplayer is objective based, and primarily designed around five verses five matches. Team work and class interaction is essential to victory.
System Requirements Minimum:
- OS: Microsoft Windows XP (SP3) / Windows Vista (SP1) / Windows 7
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo / AMD Athlon 64 X2
- Memory: 1 GB of RAM (XP) / 1.5 GB (Vista / 7)
- Hard Disk Space: 10 GB
- Graphics Card: 256 MB DirectX 9.0 Compatible with Pixel Shader 3.0 Support.
- Sound Card: DirectX 9 Compatible
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 at 2.4GHz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5400+ (or better)
- Memory: 3 GB of RAM
- Graphics Crad: 512 MB nVidia GeForce 7900GTX / ATI Radeon X1900 (or better)