Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight is the conclusion of the 15-year Tiberium Saga with player progression, co-op play and live-action cinematics.

Just a word of warning about C&C4

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By VACkillers

They never changed anything from the beta's and didn't listen to word of what the majority of the community was asking or telling them what needed to be changed. Im sure some of you will know most of the details about the new C&C4 Tiberian Twilight but for those that are fans of the C&C series and dont know, there is no base building for one, i think thats been known since nov/dec of last year i think? but basicly that was no supprise, so dont go buying this game thinking its anything remotely close to what you've been use to in the past. This game uses DRM, you have to be connected to the internet 100% of the time in order to play this game, even if you are playing offline you "still" have to be connected to the internet.

This game feels very much like a port of RA3, the units i think look totally crap, but thats just my personal opinion, has the same RA3 cartoon feel to it with the units, along with that stupid green highlight around the units, (RA3 had yellow) which basicly makes the units feel like they've just been copied and pasted onto the terrain and not part of the enviroment like previous C&C games. The Main campaigne is very shoot also, i havne't got to the end yet, but i've already heard reports that its extremely poor and definitely not a good way to finish the series off.

The multiplayer side of things can be really fun, i actually liked the multiplayer part of the game when i was in the beta's, but the balacing is such an issue, in order to use the bigger better or specialized units, you have to earn XP points in order to unlock them, and what happens (even in the beta) was that you'll be thrown into a match that you will generally go up against players that have a lot more XP then you, and just steam roll over you with their superior units, there is a unit cap which i think is good actually, this way no one can swarm your team with 400 units of the same thing, and the bigger units use more unit points so you cant hav 50 of the special units either, but the balacing is an issue. The way the multipalyer is setup is really kool, but playing the entire campgaine like that is absolutely terrible, it feels like a multiplayer component rather then having to play the entire game this way....

this is just my opinions though so far, and basicly just wanting to warn some ppl who were expecting a traditional C&C game to conclude the tiberium series... Some of you will LOVE this game, and thats awesome, theres definitely something about it thats fun, but i am very disapointed with it so far myself....

Shinri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Shinri
    @VACkillers said:
    "They never changed anything from the beta's and didn't listen to word of what the majority of the community was asking or telling them what needed to be changed. Im sure some of you will know most of the details about the new C&C4 Tiberian Twilight but for those that are fans of the C&C series and dont know, there is no base building for one, i think thats been known since nov/dec of last year i think? but basicly that was no supprise, so dont go buying this game thinking its anything remotely close to what you've been use to in the past. This game uses DRM, you have to be connected to the internet 100% of the time in order to play this game, even if you are playing offline you "still" have to be connected to the internet.   This g"

candlejack strikes again
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Rhaknar
    @VACkillers said:
    " They never changed anything from the beta's and didn't listen to word of what the majority of the community was asking or telling them what needed to be changed. Im sure some of you will know most of the details about the new C&C4 Tiberian Twilight but for those that are fans of the C&C series and dont know, there is no base building for one, i think thats been known since nov/dec of last year i think? but basicly that was no supprise, so dont go buying this game thinking its anything remotely close to what you've been use to in the past. This game uses DRM, you have to be connected to the internet 100% of the time in order to play this game, even if you are playing offline you "still" have to be connected to the internet.   This g "
    did the EA thugs broke into his house and killed him as he was typing that? :p
    VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By VACkillers

sorry guys i cut off from finishing my post, but its finnished now....  i got moved from the main PC forum i was posting in.... bloody anoying.... PC forum is about PC stuff in general, aswell as games... not as many ppl will see this, in this forum...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.