Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Control

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 27, 2019

Dive into a dark and brutalist-inspired world where daily reality has been corrupted by an otherworldly force.

Story DLC is coming this month

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

It looks like that Foundation DLC is finally arriving sometime later in March!

The studio's communications director Thomas Puha tweeted that Remedy will drop The Foundation DLC at some point this March. With that expansion's launch, which is part of the game's $25 Season Pass, Remedy will also implement some quality-of-life improvements to enhance Control's gameplay. These improvements include more tweaks to the maligned map and "some other requested" changes. Puha provided no concrete date for when to expect these adjustments, but he did say Remedy will "show and talk about it soon."

The Foundation will be Control's first major expansion and follows December 2019's Expeditions DLC. Revealed as part of Control's roadmap, The Foundation will see Jesse Faden descend beneath the Bureau to restore order the Oldest House. The Foundation originally had a vague "early 2020" date attached to it and will be followed-up by Control's second expansion, AWE, in mid-2020. It seems the AWE DLC may connect Control to one of Remedy's most popular games, 2010's Alan Wake.

I am ALL ABOUT that DLC. Control was easily my GOTY last year and I am way looking forward to more of that story. Really hoping the game was successful enough to earn a sequel at some point down the road.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Man I really need to finish this. Just one more jukebox mission and the ashtray maze to go but just cant find the motivation.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I wish I liked Control more, but... I didn't. The thing that excited and interested me most was just how it connected to Alan Wake (or, perhaps any of the Remedy games). It explains things about Alan Wake that you wouldn't have otherwise known about. So, in that respect, I'm looking forward to the DLC, otherwise, I'd not be as intrigued. The characters that inhabit The Oldest House, aside from Ahti are uninspiring.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I have faith in Remedy doing worthwhile DLC, so time to get my hopes way up.

goosemunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I was really looking forward to the DLC until I found out it's connected to Alan Wake. I never played those games so I suspect a lot of interesting reveals will mean absolutely nothing to me and have an inferior experience as a result.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.