Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Cook, Serve, Delicious! 3?!

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jan 29, 2020

The third game in the series puts players in a food truck traversing a war-torn America.

Hey, Cook, Serve, Delicious 3?! is coming out on PC, PS4, XBOX1, Switch, and Mac on October 14.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

So not that long ago around August 13, Vertigo Gaming announced that the 1.0 version of Cook, Serve, Delicious 3 will be coming to all consoles and PC and Mac sometime in October. We've had a few more updates from David Galindo (Chubigans) on Twitter on when to expect CSD3 to arrive on consoles and on September 30 he said that CSD3 (1.0) will be coming to PC, Mac, XBOX1 and Switch on October 14, which is literally a week away from tonight.

As you can tell Chubigans originally stated that a PS4 and Amazon Luna version would be coming sometime soon after the former versions. But today he announced a new patch for CSD3 right before the 1.0 release and in that same announcement he said the pS4 version is in fact coming out on October 14. Still no official release date for the Luna version but its probably not far behind:

So apparently coming out on the same day as Minecraft Steve coming to Smash, the 3rd installment of the Cook, Serve, Delicious series is coming to nearly all consoles and Home computer devices. And boy am I excited. Granted, I have played A LOT of CSD3 in its early access form (over 113 hours actually) and this game has added lots of content since its early access launch in early January. There are new rival food trucks that have their own attacks in making cooking harder for you before you reach your stops (such as one that will run into you sideways and empties all of your holding station foods, I hate you Firekickers). There have been new American cities to drive to with new menu themes for you to approach. One of them is Mobile, Alabama and it has levels dedicated to you serving foods that are all autoserve where all the food can be served with the press of the Control Key on Keyboard (such as Pizza and Sushi) or no autoserve where you have a second step in completing the order (Such as Hamburgers and Pho). There's also the Iron Cook Speedway which is by far where you skills get tested in high thrill levels that have multiple food truck attacks. Oh and you can decorate your food truck kitchen to your liking too. Anyways, this is easily one of my favorite games of the year and even though I have beaten the final level already, I'm super looking forward to buying this game again on Switch and see how it plays on that System instead. Its a highly tense but incredibly addicting game where you want to make sure you want to make sure your orders are about as perfect as possible. Here's the launch trailer too. Enjoy:

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So...how is this game? I know it was in EA for a bit...I LOVED the first one but bounced right off the second one.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethmode: I think it's fantastic, and it feels like a very deliberate response to the criticism for the 2nd game. Especially around it's progression. There's a very structured progression to this one but it has much more freedom than the big mess of preset challenges that you had to do in the second game.

So if it's that kind of thing that turned you away from the sequel then you'd probably feel right at home.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SethMode

@efesell: That's pretty much exactly it, so that's great to hear. Thanks!

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By MocBucket62

Yeah, this game is amazing. Going along with the sense of progression in the game, as you level up you not only earn more coins which can be used to purchase more foods to cook (which you can practice for free before buying), but upgrade parts to give you truck enhancements. These improvements range from increasing the patience of your customers to defenses against food truck attacks. All of which have different upgrade tiers to work towards. Plus the core gameplay loop is just really satisfying and addictive. Funny enough I remember saying these foods gave me trouble:

Not gonna lie serving food using the space bar gets some getting used to such as Croque Monsuir sandwiches and Waffle Cone Ice Cream, but also remember I'm a total rookie to the series.

Ha! I've played so much of this game that Croque Monsuir and Ice Cream Cones are easy. The recipes that gives me the most trouble are Deluxe Poutine and Hot Lattes. Still, awesome game. And the music in this game is a secret Best Music of 2020 contender too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.