Who thinks there should be a Costume Quest 2?

#1 Posted by Skullking (93 posts) -

I love Costume Quest, it's one of my favorite DL games, who thinks they should make a sequel (hell make it a full featured disc game lol)

#2 Posted by RTSlord (1199 posts) -

i want it to come to pc, so i can actually play it 

#3 Posted by Scattergories (51 posts) -

I would love to see a new Costume Quest, because I think the original game had a lot of charm and hilarity but was plagued with being overly simple and (i know this is a little thing but it makes a big difference to me) the text was really difficult to read. Despite that I think another would be lovely, although I'm not actively hoping for one because Double Fine is not known for making franchises, ever.

#4 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Game should be harder.

#5 Posted by BaconGames (3309 posts) -

Maybe they can age the kids to be low-to-mid teenage so they can add some angsty-elements and make fun of that part of halloween. So with that you can make the theme a little more adult (probably getting a T rating) and upping the level of difficulty or complexity.

#6 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2313 posts) -

It would be nice, but I'm not dieing for it. 

All they would need to do is make it longer than 5 hours and increase the difficulty. I swear if anyone makes a longer and harder joke I'll...

#7 Posted by RoyCampbell (1096 posts) -

I really hope something is announced, either a sequel or DLC. Costume Quest is forever a favorite of mine.

#8 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -

I still have to finish it.

#9 Posted by Bucketdeth (8004 posts) -

I was thinking about this the other day, wish we had another one before Halloween, definitely not going to happen at this point though.

#10 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

I would like to play more as well. Unfortunately the Project Lead on the game, Tasha Harris, left Double Fine a few weeks ago for a job at Pixar. The game came out of an event where employees pitched ideas for games, and this was hers. While I'm sure Double Fine owns the game, without her the chances of a sequel or more DLC may be lower.

#11 Posted by amomjc (977 posts) -

It was fun and I wouldn't mind a sequel.

#12 Posted by BisonHero (6235 posts) -

I would also like a PC version of the first Costume Quest, or really any of the recent Double Fine games. Seriously, who makes $10-$20 downloadable games but then somehow doesn't release a PC version on their website or on Steam?

#13 Posted by HellBrendy (992 posts) -

@Skullking said:

I love Costume Quest, it's one of my favorite DL games, who thinks they should make a sequel (hell make it a full featured disc game lol)

A full featured game would be awesome. Greater story, more fleshed out characters and a bigger world. Make it an fully fleshed out old school JRPG.

#14 Posted by Dayewalker (77 posts) -

I really enjoyed Costume Quest, despite it being really easy and quite short. Regardless, I still had a lot of fun playing through it and I would definitely like to see a sequel. I wouldn't hold my breath for it, but it would be a lot of fun I'm sure.

#15 Posted by piropeople13 (399 posts) -

@RTSlord said:

i want it to come to pc, so i can actually play it

This, seriously. Why won't Double Fine take my damn money?

#16 Posted by Maystack (902 posts) -

Vehemently. I think it's the only arcade game I've ever bought, and only because I saw a trailer of it on GB and was like 'man that looks rad'. I even got the Christmas dlc. Shame I havent got my 360 here to play it this halloween.

#17 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -

It was okay. It got way repetitive, and I was happy for it to end when it did.

#18 Posted by rawrsair (819 posts) -

I've been wanting to play this for a while but then other new games keep coming out and I forget :/

#19 Posted by Landon (4130 posts) -

I wouldn't mind if Costume Quest was a yearly thing, as long as there was completely new costumes and refined game mechanics.

#20 Posted by sawtooth (429 posts) -

Definitely.

They need to tune up the combat though. Everything else about the game was good.

I'd kill for them elaborate on it with a Legend of Dragoon style rhythm-esque attack input system.

#21 Posted by Strawb (31 posts) -

I really enjoyed this game, and I was hoping for some Halloween DLC this year. So yes, I'd love this, it's such a fun and cute game, especially with some updates to the gameplay (the battles could be a little repetitive).

#22 Posted by PokeIkzai (385 posts) -

Bought the Double Fine pack the other day and just finished Costume Quest and Grubbins on Ice. Seeing as how it ends I would be surprised if we don't see some form of a sequel next Halloween.

#23 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3112 posts) -

Resurrection, I know, but damn. I LOVE this game and I wanna see a sequel. Or at least some more DLC. Is there any word?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.