Is anyone else an Addict?

#1 Posted by Vivek (517 posts) -

I've been playing Counter Strike since the days of 1.6, and am now heavily addicted to Source.

For some reason this game has me by the nads and wont let me go. It might be that im actaully ok at the game and that I play on the same servers and have set up a good friendship database, aswell as becoming part of a respected and established clan. But im addicted, I have tried uninstalling the game and leaving it for weeks, but somehow it reinstalls and I find myself saying "one more round."

I need help does anyone else?
#2 Posted by siLVUR (114 posts) -

No. I haven't played it in months, and I didn't even buy it.

#3 Edited by Hamz (6846 posts) -

My name is Hamz, i was a CSS addict for nearlly 3 years. I played the game on a religious level, beyond dedication, it was like a drug. I finally gave up my addiction by just making a new Steam account and found slowly my love for the game disappeared as i focused on more single player and other multiplayer games. I have since not played the game in over a year!

I feel for you Sir, CSS can be a really addicting game.

#4 Posted by Will1Lucky (408 posts) -
#5 Edited by DualReaver (3882 posts) -

friends database XD

#6 Posted by LackLuster (725 posts) -

I was an addict, but then i went into TF2 rehab

#7 Posted by Vivek (517 posts) -
DualReaver said:
"friends database XD"
What I meant be this is because I have been playing for so long and quite often, that I actaully have CSS friends, i know its said believe me, but I also have real friends and a real life, somewhere.

Hamz said:
"My name is Hamz, i was a CSS addict for nearlly 3 years. I played the game on a religious level, beyond dedication, it was like a drug. I finally gave up my addiction by just making a new Steam account and found slowly my love for the game disappeared as i focused on more single player and other multiplayer games. I have since not played the game in over a year!

I feel for you Sir, CSS can be a really addicting game."
True True sir. You have actually made realise that when GTA IV and MGS4 came out I hardly touched CSS, maybe I should bring my PS3 up to uni, but thats more distractions.
#8 Posted by efebayor (20 posts) -

I've just got a computer that can play this and tf2 nicely, I'm well into tf2 as I've got friends who play it as well but I know it's only a matter of time until I become a css addict.

#9 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -
LackLuster said:
I was an addict, but then i went into TF2 rehab
o yea!
#10 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
@LackLuster:  This
#11 Posted by Phaseshift (222 posts) -

Yeah I loved CSS, then I found WoW. Out of the frying pan and into the fire!

#12 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

I liked this game, but the ultimate Multiplayer addiction is Battlefield 2 .. it has the killing AND endless other war activities, not just a  running-around-in-a-closed-map(like your uncle's back yard or something)-killing-each-other-and-when-you-die-you-have-to-wait-for-the-whole-fucking-match-to-end game :) .

#13 Posted by chililili (1328 posts) -
Phaseshift said:
Yeah I loved CSS, then I found WoW. Out of the frying pan and into the fire!
Wow addiction is the hardest to beat
#14 Edited by Dragoon14 (125 posts) -

I was so addicted to it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.