Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crackdown 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 06, 2010

Crackdown 2 is the sequel to the popular open-world supercop game. Players return to Pacific City, where rampaging mutants and resistance groups vie for control of the streets. The sequel adds four-player co-op along with competitive multiplayer.

Crackdown 2 Demo

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ozzdog12

I thought I saw somewhere,possibly here, that there was supposed to be a Crackdown 2 demo before its release. 
    Any news on that?

**UPDATE!-
    http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-5497-Crackdown-2-Demo-Shooting-Up-the-Place-Next-Week.html
    apparently you download the demo and get an automatic 100 gamerscore in the full game

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Not as of now. Maybe later.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ozzdog12
    @ThePhantomnaut: Well I knew that much...
    AlfredCapone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AlfredCapone

Not sure man,I heard that too. thought it was supposed to be late May

angelfan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By angelfan91

I think the developers said there was going to be one.  I don't know if they gave a date for it though.  The demo was what really sold me on the first game.
    ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ozzdog12

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-5497-Crackdown-2-Demo-Shooting-Up-the-Place-Next-Week.html
    So tomorrow now

CowboyBebopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CowboyBebopper

I've had the demo since yesterday cause I did some ARG a few weeks ago, so far I am underwhelmed. I think I liked the first one better...

schizogony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By schizogony
    @CowboyBebopper said:

" I've had the demo since yesterday cause I did some ARG a few weeks ago, so far I am underwhelmed. I think I liked the first one better... "

Aw, man, that's sad to hear.  What's not working out for you?
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Pibo47

Whoa, getting achievements in a demo...thats fucking crazy. But awesome? idk haha. I didnt think anyone would ever do something like that. Cannot wait to play this game! XD

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ozzdog12
    @CowboyBebopper said:
    " I've had the demo since yesterday cause I did some ARG a few weeks ago, so far I am underwhelmed. I think I liked the first one better... "
    I havent played it yet, but man from the previews I gotta say the only real thing its got going for it is the 4-player co-op and zombies. I think its because with the first one,most people bought it for the Halo 3 beta and it ended up being a very good sandbox game
    CowboyBebopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CowboyBebopper

Well, it should be known first off that while I really enjoyed Crackdown 1, I don't think I idolized it to the point where others love it. The demo is a 30-minute timed thingie which isn't bad, I've played it twice now. I don't especially like how running into citizens stops you in your tracks, shouldn't you be able to barrel through them? Just seemed odd. I don't know how much I like the new art style either. Maybe it just needs some time to grow on me. Aside from that, it doesn't seem to really build on what the first game did. Granted I didn't do any co-op but the zombies seemed like a lifeless addition (no pun intended). Then again, it was only a demo, I'm sure some fun will be wrought with 4-player co-op. Also, seeing how some parts of the city changed was interesting to see.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By jakob187
    @CowboyBebopper: As far as the 30-minute timed setup goes, is that just a thing where it's like "hey, play around for 30 minutes" or are there any missions within it to play around with it?  Alternative objectives? 

If it's just "play around", then that's cool with me, as it'll show off some of the improvements they made.
    cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By cstrang

I wasn't a huge fan of the original Crackdown.  I found it rather short, clunky, and monotonous.  But I'm willing to give this game a chance.  I would really like to play this demo.

CowboyBebopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CowboyBebopper
    @jakob187: There's some objectives, they seem like early story objectives with some of the backstory stripped away. It's mostly do whatever you want though.

After playing in 2-player co-op I can say it is better with others, but still not a fully satisfying experience, at least IMO.
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By GunstarRed

Played the demo for about an hour in total, haven't gotten any of the 10 achievements though. I really like that they let you pretty much do anything but my overall impression is "yep, thats Crackdown" which is great.
    Oginam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Oginam

Played the demo a bit. Seems very unpolished and little more than a platformer w/ orb collection.  Gun controls make me feel stupid, like the game doesn't trust me with a targeting reticule.

Didn't play Crackdown 1 though, so take my comments with a grain of salt.

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By gike987

I thought the demo was terrible. The announcer is way overused and most of his new lines feel really forced. The freaks are just like the gangs but without the personality and the new art style got boring before the demo was over.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By Pie

You can climb up the side of buildings and then wall jump off them with a SUV yall. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.