Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crackdown 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 06, 2010

Crackdown 2 is the sequel to the popular open-world supercop game. Players return to Pacific City, where rampaging mutants and resistance groups vie for control of the streets. The sequel adds four-player co-op along with competitive multiplayer.

Who else is having a blast with this game?

lavaman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By lavaman77

I can't put down the controller, the game is incredibly fun.  i REALLY dig the freaks/zombies in this game, i always wanted to play as a superhero in a post-apocalyptic world.

<3 you Crackdown 2.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By BraveToaster

No, just no.... I have so much hate for that game. 

lavaman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lavaman77
    @Axxol said:
    " No, just no.... I have so much hate for that game.  "
    Why? seriously this game is a faster and better version than the first game. i like it a lot.
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BraveToaster
    @lavaman77 said:

" @Axxol said:

Why? seriously this game is a faster and better version than the first game. i like it a lot. "
    I've already wrote about my thoughts on this half-assed game. I won't repeat myself.
    lavaman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lavaman77
    @Axxol said:
    " @lavaman77 said:

" @Axxol said:

Why? seriously this game is a faster and better version than the first game. i like it a lot. "
    I've already wrote about my thoughts on this half-assed game. I won't repeat myself. "
    Okey dokey Mr.Grumpy. ^^
    EvolutionX0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By EvolutionX0
    If you played the first crackdown and loved it then you would know on how much of disappointment the second one is. Ruffian completely cock slapped us in the face and did not address anything we hated about the first game nor add any significant improvements to it either. "hey lets just add freaks and more orbs, that should keep the fans happy"  

I haven't tried out any of the competitive multiplayer modes yet so maybe my opinion which change slightly but i heard its not too great either.
    babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By babblinmule
    @Axxol: Fail thread? Some of us actually thought it was a good game!
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BraveToaster
    @EvolutionX0 said:

" If you played the first crackdown and loved it then you would know on how much of disappointment the second one is. Ruffian completely cock slapped us in the face and did not address anything we hated about the first game nor add any significant improvements to it either. "hey lets just add freaks and more orbs, that should keep the fans happy"  

I haven't tried out any of the competitive multiplayer modes yet so maybe my opinion which change slightly but i heard its not too great either. "

Exactly. And BTW, don't waste your time on multiplayer. 

@babblinmule said:
    " @Axxol: Fail thread? Some of us actually thought it was a good game! "
    I'm sure some of you did.
    TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By TotalEklypse

. why would they even make a sequel is my question? the sales of the first weren't that great if i remember correctly and 90% of those who did get it...got it for the halo 3 demo right? tried em both. hated them both. 

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By LiquidPrince

Not even planning on picking it up. Ever. Looks like ass.

Avatar image for ravenousrattler
    Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Ravenousrattler

I had fun with it ,but i went into it with the mindset that its just more crackdown and thats what i got. I really don't understand what these people are so upset about, really what were they expecting.

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @lavaman77: This game should be a free patch for Crackdown 1.  It looks like garbage.
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BraveToaster

Maybe I should add more constructive criticism, instead of raging. I apologize for my previous display of ignorance. The game was very repetitive. Since the storyline was weak, and it was very short. This could have been dlc, not a $60 game.

lavaman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lavaman77
    @Ravenousrattler said:

" I had fun with it ,but i went into it with the mindset that its just more crackdown and thats what i got. I really don't understand what these people are so upset about, really what were they expecting. "

Exactly my opinion about it. i seriously don't get why people are nerd-raging about this game.  i keep reading in reviews that they removed stuff yet no one listed those stuff.

@Axxol

said:

" @lavaman77 said:

" @Axxol said:

" @lavaman77 said:

" @Axxol said:

I've already wrote about my thoughts on this half-assed game. I won't repeat myself. "
    Okey dokey Mr.Grumpy. ^^ "
    Not grumpy, I just don't like the game. Good luck with this fail thread of yours... "
    A troll.. why am i not surprised? get the hell off my internets kthxbai.

@Axxol said:

" Maybe I should add more constructive criticism, instead of raging. I apologize for my previous display of ignorance. The game was very repetitive. Since the storyline was weak, and it was very short. This could have been dlc, not a $60 game. "

See? that wasn't so hard. i like to hear what people thought of the game and not have them spill their BS into my threads.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @lavaman77 said:
    " I can't put down the controller, the game is incredibly fun.  i REALLY dig the freaks/zombies in this game, i always wanted to play as a superhero in a post-apocalyptic world.  <3 you Crackdown 2. "
    Anyone I talk to say they are annoyed that its just crackdown reskinned. 
    ClaritySam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ClaritySam

Personally I think its brilliant, and anyone who complains about lack of narrative is SPECTACULARLY missing the point.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#17  Edited By alistercat

I'm having fun. I wont say it' a good game but I am enjoying it a lot.

Ashwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By Ashwyn

I paid £45 for it.
    Yeah.... I knew within 10 minutes of playing I had completely wasted my money D:

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By pweidman

It's cool you're enjoying CD2 so much tc.  It has been a letdown so far for me though....but gaming's so subjective so whatevs.  Too little variation/improvement from the first game and I'm not as into the same stuff like I thought I'd be.  You can really tell the game was pushed out quick and not really given time to develop into something fresh and great.  I think I miss the gangs and all the specific mini-bosses associated w/'em.  Plus the gameplay from the first that was more often vertical specifically.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#20  Edited By Yummylee

Looks like crap, but much like the original Crackdown and Prototype for that matter, that doesn't stop it from having the potential for some fun. I'll be getting it eventually when I can find it for around £20.

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By emkeighcameron

OP has low standards, which is great, because that means he can be happy with a lot of things. So power to you, OP. I wish I could be happy.

btakasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By btakasper

Although this game wasnt what i was hoping for, i still enjoyed it.  Crackdown is one of my favorite games and every now and then ill go back and play it.  A few months back i went and replayed the entire game in anticipation for this.  Although it was a big let down, im still having fun with it.  The story was way too short, but with the ending it leads more into a possible third installment of the series.  Who knows, if they do continue on with it, hopefully they will learn from all their mistakes on this second one.  

With that being said, agents, get your asses back to work

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ISuperGamerI

I haven't played the game yet and I still have to beat the first game.

kylekrueger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kylekrueger

i think whats most upsetting is that for a sequel there really wasn't that much change i mean it takes place in a slightly different but yet the same fucking city for Christ sake, the point of a sequel is because the developer wants more to add to the game in this case it seems like they were just trying to cash in on orb hysteria.

bosshog70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By bosshog70

running freaks over isn't getting old

Spence_5060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By Spence_5060

It seems like a decent enough sequel. But I can easily say that the first one was better based purely on the gameplay and the enemies you face with the whole crime syndicate tree and your options of who to face. The whole progression with your objectives in the second game is crap with just having to activate the beacons and that stuff. But luckily that is only second in my mind for this game behind all the collectible collecting with orbs and everything. I mean that has really turned more into a fad than actually a good gameplay part of the game. But it has become amusing collecting all the different orbs everywhere with a map. But I'm only doing that for the achievements really. But I do have to say that it has been at least pretty enjoyable collecting all the orbs and such. But that really shows what the game is when the collecting part of the game is better than a game where the gameplay is about platforming and shooting.

btakasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By btakasper

Only time i was collecting orbs was when i was going for The Closer achievement.  I hated how i had to wait till night time to do that.  Half the time id get 3 closed breaches a night then working on my 4th and the sun would be coming up and id have to start over the next night.  They could of at least let you finish closing the breach that you're working on if you had already started it.  So now that i've set off all beacons (why does the final mission never show completed?), captured all tactical locations, and closed all breaches i think im done playing this.  Orb hunting to me is a waste of time, i could be playing something more productive and entertaining then jumping building tops and looking for hidden orbs.

Quesiton: After you close all breaches is the freak population affected?

I notice after i took over all tactical points The Cell is more or less absent from the game.  I see some but not as many as before.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MrKlorox

Yuck. No thanks. Crackdown is terrible, and Crackdown 2 is more of the same awfulness.

btakasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By btakasper
    @jcreezy95:  who said i wasted 60 bucks? After playing Crackdown 2 im not looking forward to (if there will be) Crackdown 3. I was just saying if they do continue on with this series hopefully they will learn from all the criticism, reviews, and shortcomings of there second installment.
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Spoonman671

Do we really need to shit all over this guy's thread?  I'm no fonder of this game than are most of you, but I still see no reason to come into this thread, which clearly isn't targeted at you based upon the title, and hate on the game this guy happens to like.  Leave the thread to the people it was meant for, please.

pegasuswinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By pegasuswinks
    @LiquidPrince said:
    " Not even planning on picking it up. Ever. Looks like ass. "
    sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#32  Edited By sins_of_mosin

I loved the first one and thought it was much better then Prototype.  Started playing the second one last night and I'm enjoying it.  Yes, I agree that the dev should've done more like a new city and a lot better story but there is always Crackdown 3.    

CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#33  Edited By CharleyTony

I am having fun with it, but Im playing it in smaller sessions in order to avoid getting bored with it. It is way too much like the first one but I guess they had to do it like that in order to ship it in time. :( 

I did get it for 40$ so that might help a little... There was no way I was paying 69.99$ (which is the stupid canadian retail price) for that kind of sequel. 

It's just too bad that a really good game (the first one) gets this type of sequel since Im pretty sure Crackdown will get low sales because of reviews and being too much like the original one and then we probably wont get  3rd game ( the real sequel, maybe).
    Avatar image for doctorscribbler
    DoctorScribbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DoctorScribbler
    @lavaman77 said:
    " @Axxol said:
    Faster in what regards??? I feel that it's exactly the same game. The jumping mechanics are exactly the same and very frustrating... Especially when you've got games like Assassin's Creed and Infamous that have figured out how to make a fluid platformer.
    TheEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheEnd

I'm not gonna lie. I. Fucking. Love. This. Game. 
    I loved the first Crackdown and this is more of the same with freaks, which I think is a great addition. 4 player coop, and the online actually works this time, are reasons enough for me to enjoy it. 
    The one drawback is that its more online focused, which definitely sacrifices the singleplayer. 
    I could imagine all these CD2 haters for hating it because they play it alone. Protip: play this game with a few friends and it becomes a BLAST. 

P.S. However, I did enjoy the first Crackdown more, I just don't see reason to hate this game. Also, realize that I bought this game at 30 dollars, even though I would buy it at 60. It's probably the best 30 dollars I've spent on a video game.

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SpecTackle

I'm having a ton of fun with it, just bought it and the toy box DLC and the rocket boots are awesome. If anyone's interested in running some coop with me shoot me a message.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.