Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis 2

Game » consists of 37 releases. Released Mar 22, 2011

Set three years after the original Crysis, an ambushed Marine named Alcatraz dons the famous Nanosuit and fights his way through an obliterated New York City to stop the alien invasion.

Anyoen else unable to connect on the PS3 Demo?

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

Ive tried 5 times to find and game, and it always times out. I deleted to demo and decided to try and redownload it but now the download is busted on the PS3 store. Good god whats going on?
    handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By handlas

Just got around to downloading it myself. 

....and NOPE. 

LOL, wow.  Seriously, wow. I had the 360 demo as well and played it twice and then could never ever connect again. Would just get an error. So weeks later they release a PS3 demo and it is completely broken as well..... 

That bodes so well for the game. Regardless, I didn't like the 360 demo all that much so definitely no reason to buy it now if they see it fit to release a broken demo to begin with. Shame, I liked Crysis 1.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By NTM

I had the same problem. And it's still hindering the PS3 version, but you shouldn't have deleted it 'cause that won't fix the problem. You have to keep letting it die on you until you find one. I have the feeling it's because my NAT type on PS3 is set to moderate and not open. I just changed it through the system, but it still says moderate in the demo which is fucked. Overall though, the PS3 version sucks, and the 360 version isn't anything special either since it has its fair share of different problems.  

PS3 version is slower and has slightly more blur effect which isn't a good thing, the 360 version has some annoying pop in glitches, but it is clearer than the PS3 version and it does have a faster frame rate. Overall though, I just wish I had a PC that could run Crysis 2 at 60 frames per second without having to bump down the graphics quality (or even worse, just the resolution). My computers fine, but when it comes to Crysis, you want to experience it at its best. I'm really torn between which version to get, and not getting any isn't an option for me.
    Avatar image for theworldbreaker
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Theworldbreaker

I bet EA will release a patch for this, or a brand new patched demo which ever comes first.
    DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DonPixel

yeeep same problem here, haven't been abble to join a game yet.. idont think it's a NAT problem I have it open all my other games in the PC and consoles run fine and mark my NAT as open so....

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Grissefar

It worked just fine last night. The game didn't seem fun or pretty.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By handlas
    @Grissefar said:
    " It worked just fine last night. The game didn't seem fun or pretty. "
    humm I gave it a try last night a good 30 times and just got "Network Error" every time. Not my internet tho cuz I was playing other games just fine. I got that same error on the 360 version the entire time too after I was able to play it twice. 

And I agree, it wasn't all that fun and not as pretty as I expected either. Crysis 1 looked better, of course that was on a PC. But if we compare it to console games I'd say Killzone looks better as well.
    Raineko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Raineko

Tried it a few times and it worked once on Pier17. 
    Was pretty cool but nothing new I guess.

LeYcH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LeYcH

Same, 
    All I get is a connection error, that or no one joins me in the lobby, 
    Says the connection type is moderate but yet all my other games work perfectly.

Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Catarrhal

Well, I've been trying sporadically over the past couple days. Still haven't been able to join a match. How about you guys?

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By shivermetimbers

Nope, so I played Black Ops instead. It's amazing how much better the game is after not playing it in over a month and in short spurts.

Avatar image for metalgeargeorge
    MetalGearGeorge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MetalGearGeorge

I couldn't even download it from the psn. Is the game as shitty as they say on the ps3? 

Valkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#13  Edited By Valkyr

It kicks me out of psn after the Cry Engine 3 logo is gone, I'm playing other multiplayer games just fine so I don't know what's the problem

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DonPixel
    @Anwar said:
    " it froze on me 3 times but otherwise it works fine, it's not really like COD imo, the jumping, cloaking etc. ressembles Halo way more "
    agree
    thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By thegoldencat7

Didn't work for me 3 times in a row, gave up, deleted it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.