Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis 2

Game » consists of 37 releases. Released Mar 22, 2011

Set three years after the original Crysis, an ambushed Marine named Alcatraz dons the famous Nanosuit and fights his way through an obliterated New York City to stop the alien invasion.

First look at Crysis 2 Single Player

CivilWar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CivilWar

Is it just me or does it seem like the single player isn't all it's chalked up to be? Of course it's hard to tell just by watching a video and playing the multiplayer demo, but it just looks boring. It just looks like a cross between Call of Duty and Halo with really bad AI. Here's the video:  http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/crysis2/video/6299088
    Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Pinworm45

The fact that the person playing was god awful and the difficulty was purposely put on Brain Dead mighta had something to do with it.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Jack268

I just can't watch this. The  quality is terrible which makes the console graphics look even worse and the guy who's playing is absolutely terrible at the game. I really dislike the fact that the game gives you hints like "hold blabla to powerkick". Using the physics engine in an innovative way should be the player's decision, not scripted beforehand like this. 

Also, I preferred the way aliens were in C1. Their animation was much better and just reskinning the KPAs into aliens just because a lot of people liked fighting the human AI is a kind of cheap trick. It also seems that your options are more limited in this game than they were in the first game. In the first game, you could sneak around a base and find tons of entry points, while here it seems like there's only one way in.

Hopefully it's just the god-awful quality that's making me react like this and the PC version hopefully lives up to the first game, but from this footage, it doesn't seem like that would be the case. 

I've stayed off watching SP videos of this game since it was announced because I didn't want to break it for myself too much, but does this story have ANYTHING to do with Nomad, Prophet & Psycho? Crysis kind of left us hanging after 

I assume they'll just do some cheapskate thing and have like a TV broadcast saying "hurr heroes killing aliens on an island durr" to conclude their story. Damn it, this noob who's playing is making me rant more than I'm watching.
    withateethuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By withateethuh

Prophet is  in it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.