Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis 2

Game » consists of 37 releases. Released Mar 22, 2011

Set three years after the original Crysis, an ambushed Marine named Alcatraz dons the famous Nanosuit and fights his way through an obliterated New York City to stop the alien invasion.

Story?

bongchilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By bongchilla

When the original Crysis was released I did not have a computer that could run it, now I do and Crysis 2 is now out. Can I go right into the sequel or should I play Crysis 1? Also how does Warhead fit into the story if at all?

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By BraveToaster

A lot of console players haven't played the first and had no problems with the sequel.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @BongChilla said:

" When the original Crysis was released I did not have a computer that could run it, now I do and Crysis 2 is now out. Can I go right into the sequel or should I play Crysis 1? Also how does Warhead fit into the story if at all? "

It has little tie to the first. Anything thats important is tossed into a few small flashbacks.  

No mention of warhead is made at all. And there is a passing talk about the first game and the island it happened on....more or less going to " bad stuff happened here"  

So no go and dive right into the second.   

The first game was not about story...but about the looks. 
    bongchilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bongchilla
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @BongChilla said:

" When the original Crysis was released I did not have a computer that could run it, now I do and Crysis 2 is now out. Can I go right into the sequel or should I play Crysis 1? Also how does Warhead fit into the story if at all? "

It has little tie to the first. Anything thats important is tossed into a few small flashbacks.   No mention of warhead is made at all. And there is a passing talk about the first game and the island it happened on....more or less going to " bad stuff happened here"   So no go and dive right into the second.    The first game was not about story...but about the looks.  "  
    Cool, that is good news because the sequel looks to be a much better game overall what I've seen game play wise.
    JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JasonR86
    @BongChilla:  

I'm about 3/4 of the way through.  I never played the original either.  I personally don't care one way or the other about the story.  It's a typical Sci-Fi action movie story about aliens invading but with a mercenary twist to the Marines vs Aliens you usually see.  I have found myself a bit lost at times but I don't really care.  
    FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By FancySoapsMan
    @Axxol said:
    " A lot of console players haven't played the first and had no problems with the sequel. "
    This. Besides, I don't think Crysis is the kind of game you play for its story.

That being said, I've heard some people say the original is better, so I think it's probably worth checking out.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @BongChilla said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @BongChilla said:

It has little tie to the first. Anything thats important is tossed into a few small flashbacks.   No mention of warhead is made at all. And there is a passing talk about the first game and the island it happened on....more or less going to " bad stuff happened here"   So no go and dive right into the second.    The first game was not about story...but about the looks.  "  
    Cool, that is good news because the sequel looks to be a much better game overall what I've seen game play wise. "
    Ive played the game three times over. There is very little refrance to the first game so your set. 
    sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sameeeeam

I've heard that the first Crysis is the better of the two.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bybeach

Do NOT worry about the story. 

WAT Story? 

I just finished crysis 2, and I feel lost without neccessarily  wanting to be found. What was all  that I just played? Oh well, at least I understand when a developer is blatantly wanting a sequel, I caught that hint.  And the gameplay  does give it a pass there..sooooo 

Nice game, minus voice acting and plot, but nice game. I won't say great, but I would play a sequel. Maybe it might even have a story, and not just a cranky old man, a cranky lady, and some asshole dudes. And come to think, ultimatly for some undecipherable reason, those unlucky Aliens.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Geno

The story in Crysis 2 has nothing to do with the story in Crysis 1 except for a name-drop. 

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Geno said:
    " The story in Crysis 2 has nothing to do with the story in Crysis 1 except for a name-drop.  "
    As far as I could work out he story is actually a direct continuation of the first from the point that Prophet gets his suit upgraded with the Alien biotech info in the "chair" and goes back to the Longshan Islands from the Carrier via VTOL.  Hargreaves even makes a point of saying that Prohphet's real job was to research and retrieve the Alien biotech at all costs - even if it meant losing the rest of the team because H had been making the Nanosuit technology based on whatever Alien/Ceph biotech he could recover over the entirety of his career.  The North Korean Expansionist Threat was just a coverup for that real mission, just as the Gould Extraction was in this game.  Hargreaves was the voice of the suit all along.
    Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rattle618

As people have said there is no need to go back for story reasons, but I would recommend you do it anyway cause the first one and warhead can be a lot of fun and still look incredible.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.