Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 13, 2007

As Nomad, an elite soldier outfitted in a state-of-the-art Nanosuit that gives him superhuman abilities, infiltrate a North Korean-held island to rescue captured scientists... and face a reawakening ancient evil that threatens the entire world. Crysis is well known for its high system requirements and top of the line graphics.

Crysis Mod Made My Jaw Drop - Need Explanations

• 90 results
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel
    Attached is the link incase it doesn't embed. 

How, the fucking hell is this possible?  When I saw this, my law dropped...and for a split second I was willing to upgrade my 9800GTX to a decent sized 480 model, but then I realized I'd just wait for the 600 series.  But holy fucking shit, how the hell is this even possible for a game?   

I would have never thought that I could play something like this, ever in my lifetime.  Any chances that PS4 and Xbox 3 would be able to pump out graphics like this?  Hell, this blows UC3, KZ3, and Gears right out of the water...it makes those games look like PS2 games. 

Holy fucking shit.  For the first time, I demand Hitman to explain...as others.  Wow.   

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Three0neFive

fuck yeah motion blur

endless_void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By endless_void

Wow that looks like a CGi movie, actually i think this mod is exactly what we can expect from the next generation of consoles (usually the pc reaches ''next-gen'' first then consoles tag along afterward)

ClaritySam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ClaritySam

That is absolutely incredible, I reckon we'll be on the ps12 by the time developers get leaves right though!

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By ESREVER

It looks really pretty. Unmatched visually. 

But completely unplayable for me. That amount of "jerky" motions and motion blur would absolutely destroy me.

HubrisRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HubrisRanger

Very impressive greenery and scared-ass-dudes-faces, though the camera was way too loose for my taste, was getting major motion sickness. Also felt like the character was maybe 18 inches tall.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By landon

Pretty impressive

SBYM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By SBYM

Not impressed. Show me a Crysis mod that can accurately recreate the visual fidelity of Ice Climbers for the NES and I might scoff less.

pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By pwnasaurus

guy's head bobbles around to much when he is running, no one runs like that unless one of those koreans stuck a machete in his neck.

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By face15

Holy fuck, so much motion blur. 
    Also, having not played Crysis can you explain how this mod is better than the regular game? To here people talk about it this is what I was expecting Crysis would look like.

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers
    @SBYM said:
    " Not impressed. Show me a Crysis mod that can accurately recreate the visual fidelity of Ice Climbers for the NES and I might scoff less. "
    You ask for impossible things. 
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pwnasaurus said:
    " guy's head bobbles around to much when he is running, no one runs like that unless one of those koreans stuck a machete in his neck. "
    Yeah, that was throwing me off a bit.

But definitely amazing graphics.  I kind of expect the next generation of consoles to look like this.  If it's not that much of an improvement over this generation, then there's no need for me to spend 600 bucks.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Diamond

I think Crysis is best with fairly minor tweaks, the CCC with some extra stuff.  Those blur effects are extreme to the point of fucking up the way the effect looks.  It was never intended to be used that way.  I don't understand what you see in that mod.  Regular Crysis looks way better.

Anyways if the next generation of consoles doesn't regularly pump out superior-to-Crysis graphics I'll be very surprised and disappointed.

Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Akrid

Looks like Crysis to me.

Albeit with mad motion blur, crazy camera rolls, a sharpening TOD, and bumped up particle effects/fog, all of which from a gameplay perspective make the game worse.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Oldirtybearon

Is the OP impressed by the somewhat accurate movement of the player character or by all of that fucking motion blur? I don't see how the head-bob and awkward animations could do anything but hinder gameplay. Seriously. How the fuck do you aim with all of that going on? I didn't see any crosshairs or a reason to play Crysis again.  

Looked pretty good. Still pretty jagged though.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KaosAngel
    @KingWilly: @Diamond:  @Akrid: You guys are crazy!  I'm in bed looking at the 1080p video and choked on the everclear I was drinking while I was watching it!  It looks fantastic!  I <3 motion blur effects a lot, dunno why but I always spin around like a retard in TF2 so I can see that blur, this is better looking than Crysis!
    takua108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#17  Edited By takua108

Great find, this is incredible, if unplayable-looking.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that was really sexy...  i really feel like throwing my ps3 in the trash

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Diamond
    @KaosAngel:  I love motion blur too, and by that knowledge I can tell you they're using those effects in a way they were never intended.  You can see the effect breaking all over the place, and it looks like a poorly coded DX9 shader effect instead of how it looks when the variables aren't put at crazy numbers.

If you want artifact filled motion blur, play some Lost Planet 1.
    gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By gamb1t

I like it, if these graphics were used for battlefield 3.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By xyzygy

I don't even know how he knew what was going on, I can't keep up. It's so good it's bad. It's like having a cock that's too big, you can't do anything with it :( 

besides jerk off

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By WickedCestus

Too much jerk, too much motion blur for my tastes. I wouldn't want to play that. I don't even really care about graphics anymore; if the game is good enough, I don't need to see every detail on every object in the game. It's a waste of resources in my opinion.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KaosAngel
    @supermike6: It's because of people like you that we only get one Crysis, and all other games that don't bother pushing PC hardware.  Crysis should be one of the top selling games of all time, but sadly it's not.  When 8800GTX cards can play current gen games at decent settings and resolutions, you know something went wrong.  >.>
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jkz

It looks like Crysis with motion-blur taken to the extreme, a sharp increase in contrast, and some tweaks to the camera. 

I prefer regular-ass crysis, to be perfectly honest. That looked far too loose, jerky and blurry.

SBYM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SBYM
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @supermike6: It's because of people like you that we only get one Crysis, and all other games that don't bother pushing PC hardware.  Crysis should be one of the top selling games of all time, but sadly it's not.  When 8800GTX cards can play current gen games at decent settings and resolutions, you know something went wrong.  >.> "
    I love when a good looking game doesn't need ridiculous hardware to run properly.
    WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By WickedCestus
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @supermike6: It's because of people like you that we only get one Crysis, and all other games that don't bother pushing PC hardware.  Crysis should be one of the top selling games of all time, but sadly it's not.  When 8800GTX cards can play current gen games at decent settings and resolutions, you know something went wrong.  >.> "
    "It's because of people like you..." is the part where I stop caring about what you say and start viewing you as some sort of crazy person. You sound like some sort of PC elitist who thinks it's a terrible thing that even people without heaps of money to throw at their PC can play PC games on decent settings. That's not a bad thing. In fact, maybe that would have made your precious Crysis sell more; if more people could actually play it. Don't go blaming me for the game's sales numbers.
    TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheFreeMan

Game looks really pretty, although borderline unplayable. The amount of blur at around 1:15 and the angle his head is tilted is ridiculous.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By NTM
    @KaosAngel:
    Crysis is my favorite game right next to Dead Space, but I think you're giving too much credit to Crysis' graphics here. These are great and they're better than anything I've seen in Crysis before, but having doubt that something like next generation systems being able to pull this off isn't right because if they focus on graphics, of course they can.  

Look at it in other videos, it's not really that impressive. Plus, there are problems (at least in my opinion there is). It's nice how they made it so his body moves realistically, but how they make the weapon sway so much is a bad idea. By the way, this doesn't "blow" Killzone 3, or Gears of War out of the water. And the motion blur, it's very unrealistic just making it look like a mess. Overall it isn't too far from what Crysis originally was. 

Everyone excited for Crysis 2? If not, get excited ;).
    Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Akrid

@KaosAngel: I agree it looks amazing, for sure. But Crysis has always looked that way without any mods... The main reason it looks different is because of a high contrast/sharpening/desaturation filter on everything. They call it a TOD in Crysis terms for some reason.

The way the guy plays the game is the part that's impressing you; very cinematic. 

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

It would be nice for games to at least include this kind of gameplay as an option. Instead of making games like COD have inhumanly accurate AI, they should just have extreme difficulties employ this sort of thing. I don't get motion sick though, so possibly I'm a minority here.

zagzagovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By zagzagovich

Looks neat but it's still Crysis so I have no interest in it. Also holy fuck motion blur. When your gun has a separate outline you are doing something wrong.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By keyhunter

Cheese and fries! I feel less drunk after a 40 of malt liquor than after watching that. 
    Someone should release a "make crysis fun" mod.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SSully

Its not that impressive man. The camera is absolutely horrible, you can see it breaking up all over the place like Diamond said which is just ugly, and even if it wasnt all janky like that it still wouldn't be that impressive because the view distance is laughable, the entire jungle is smoke.  

I will take vanilla DX9 crysis over that anyday. 

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

There's a seriously excess of blur there and it looks like there's a very short draw distance but the actual in-game world looks beautiful, very impressive.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By emem

Well, it looks like Crysis did 3 years ago, just a little darker, grainier and it has the insane motion blur I can't play with. But it's still unmatched in graphics even though it's that old, which is a bit sad, to be honest.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

First time seeing Crysis or something? Check out Crysis 2 man.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By HitmanAgent47
    @KaosAngel: Shadows are a bit dark, not enough soft shadows but it still looks okay. With alot of effects, it looks good in motion, however if you took a screenshot of that, it doesn't look that great. Look if you think that's good, then look at this. I myself like very high settings, it looks very realistic without the extra exagerated effects. Look not alot of ppl knows what crysis really looks like and that's not the best it can look. There is no scientific explaination except there are less limitations of memory and gpu power on the pc.

This video is called photoreal 2. Watch in high quality.  

welcome to the real world

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#38  Edited By alistercat

I actually think that's rather ugly, and the scripted jerky camera movements are off putting. In terms of graphics configs, Real Lifesys looks a hell of a lot better than Extreme Quality.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By MordeaniisChaos
    @SBYM said:
    " @KaosAngel said:
    I love when a good looking game doesn't need ridiculous hardware to run properly. "
    You can play Crysis on a huge variety of machines, and still have it look great. Its actually one of the better optimized engines out there, for how damned good it looks. Maybe at ultra settings with high AA and at 1920 or hight resolutions you can't play it well on any computer, but the game looks great on medium-high settings. I'd rather games have a big range of computers going from midrange to top of the line than a small range of medium to high end. Games like Crysis and Doom in their respective times have pushed forward technology, encouraging more powerful hardware to be produced and better engines created for games.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By KaosAngel
    @HitmanAgent47: Holy crap, I can't wait for the next-generation of consoles so these kind of graphics can be standard!
    alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By alistercat

There are so many unique looks for Crysis at this point though. This is my favourite.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#42  Edited By csl316
    @KaosAngel said:

And people like me.  Understand that most people's PC's suck, or at least can't run Crysis smoothly.  I'd love to play it, but I have a hard enough time running Starcraft 2.  Sorry, I'd rather hang onto my cheaper console and try out Crysis 2.

I love Crytek for pushing the limits of hardware, but they know a lot of people might have to miss out.  Do people build McLarens expecting to sell like a Camry?  Of course not.  Similar situation, as $2,000 of expendable income toward a gaming rig is as out of reach as a super car for the common man.
    alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By alistercat
    @csl316:  $2000 isn't a reasonable estimate of the cost of PC gaming though. $1000 is more accurate for a high end rig, but you could still build cheaper. Of course you can get PCs that cost more than $3000 but it seems super expensive from the outside. If you know what you're looking at then it's not so expensive. More expensive than console gaming though, almost always. I make my money back though on signifacntly cheaper games I figure.
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Very high settings is my favorite. Imagine this in motion if these are only screenshots.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#45  Edited By csl316
    @AlisterCat said:
    " @csl316:  $2000 isn't a reasonable estimate of the cost of PC gaming though. $1000 is more accurate for a high end rig, but you could still build cheaper. Of course you can get PCs that cost more than $3000 but it seems super expensive from the outside. If you know what you're looking at then it's not so expensive. More expensive than console gaming though, almost always. I make my money back though on signifacntly cheaper games I figure. "
    Yes, I was gonna build a high end rig for $1,500, but I decided to keep my laptop a while longer.  I was talking more about 2007, when Crysis came out.  My understanding is that if you could play the way it was meant to be played back then, you were a king.
    SBYM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SBYM
    @MordeaniisChaos said:
    " @SBYM said:
    " @KaosAngel said:
    I love when a good looking game doesn't need ridiculous hardware to run properly. "
    You can play Crysis on a huge variety of machines, and still have it look great. Its actually one of the better optimized engines out there, for how damned good it looks. Maybe at ultra settings with high AA and at 1920 or hight resolutions you can't play it well on any computer, but the game looks great on medium-high settings. I'd rather games have a big range of computers going from midrange to top of the line than a small range of medium to high end. Games like Crysis and Doom in their respective times have pushed forward technology, encouraging more powerful hardware to be produced and better engines created for games. "
    I'm fine with that, and understand the need. I just like games with crazy low system requirements.
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#47  Edited By Vinny_Says

check out those Grapx!!!

looks like something they would show as teaser from E3.

blackbird415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By blackbird415

Time. It takes time. And a computer that can generate that level of craziness. 

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Cloudenvy
    @ESREVER said:
    " It looks really pretty. Unmatched visually.  But completely unplayable for me. That amount of "jerky" motions and motion blur would absolutely destroy me. "
    Something along the lines of this.
    Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Hamst3r

Vanilla Crysis looks better.

Also, play Crysis, it's quite good. As shown in the video, being able to traverse the terrain and kill in interesting ways like that is a lot of fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.