Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Cthulhu Mythos

Concept »

Shared mythology for several H.P. Lovecraft stories.

H.P.Lovecraft/Cthulhu mythos for the ears

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Thought this up while seeing a recent post by @patrickklepek looking for books but figured I'd share it with everyone, especially this close to October. Two rather recent discoveries or rediscoveries for me as it's easy to lose things on the misty corners of the www. One is the Dark Adventure Radio Theatre doing radio shows of some of HPL's work (http://cthulhulives.org/), after hearing all of them I'd say that my favourite ones are the Mountains of Madness, Shadow out of Time & Colour out of Space but these all are good. Instead of just reading them they have adapted the stories to a radio program giving the story a richer atmosphere.

Other is a literary podcast talking on select HPL stories (http://hppodcraft.com/). This one the audio bites are about 30 minutes long but each one discussing a few stories at a time going into the history of the story as well as having interviews with other well known people creating Cthulhu films/books/art/ect.

Fans of H.P. Lovecraft or others might have seen these already but just in case, cheers.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@fox01313: hey dude just wanna give you a heads up you spawned four threads on the same topic. Forums probably still messed up... Sigh.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

Yeah, HPLLP is really good. Chris and Chad are really smart about their analysis in that they don't go beyond what's necessary - they analyze the books not like literature students and all that jazz, but like a normal Joe would be reading it. They actually cover his entire bibliography, for the most part, including his collaborations and ghost writings. There's a lot of duds in his work, but the good ones are really, really good.

They've expanded since finishing Lovecraft's body of work, doing a subscription model for further horror analyses. In conclusion, it's dope.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By bigjeffrey

Quadruple Post, Madness.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.