Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dante's Inferno

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Feb 09, 2010

Traverse the nine circles of hell in Visceral's action game named after the first cycle of Dante Alighieri's epic poem The Divine Comedy.

Dante's Inferno my improssino on the 1st 3 levels of hell

TheDarkPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Edited By TheDarkPrince

This edition of my blog may contain SPOLIERS

yes well... it sort of  is has similar controls and loads of quick time events but the sotry adn graphics are totally different . 

I'm currently playing though the game after buying it on Saturday, I’m currently in Greed and i think I’m near the end of Greed but I’m not sure. 

i think its now time I aired my views on the first 4 levels (the opening sequence and boss battle with Death, Limbo, Lust, Gluttony and Greed. 

1stoff is the opening: 

The opening sequence is fairly good I got around 6 achievements within 5 minutes (Which is good news for my Gamerscore, which currently stands at 7,620). I had decided to play though the game on the hard setting available know as Hellish (there is another difficulty setting called "Gate Of Hell" but I won’t unlock that until beat the games story) so that I can have a real challenge & I have died allot, anyway back to the main part of my blog. the opening is non stop action and  is quite spectacular with the boat crash  but the best apart of the opening is the boss fight with Death (aka the grim reaper) which Dante get involved in to cheat death so that can continue be alive, Dante is killed by a assassins knife and it’s a fairly cheap death, this leads to Death appearing and Dante killing him, the fight itself is rather spectacular (and on hellish difficulty is really hard i died on average 12 times) but i was worth it i got death's scythe and started my decent into hell which was ok nothing spectacular apart for the CGI FMVs which are on par with any f GOWs if not they are better the details on the characters is amazing (& to be frank the bust of Beatrice looks really realistic. what he decent introduces in the cross as a ranged weapon and the giant creatures that are use to open massive doors. I wasn't impressed from the decent into hell it was ok. next up is limbo 

Limbo:

limbo on 1 impressions and a real cloudy and painful circle of hell and can really see the suffering that goes on in this circle, what happens within this circle is that you must travel to a boat which you have to crash before making you way to king minos ( who you have a boss fight, this fight is fairly enjoyable but his patterns are predictable but again due to the difficulty I decoded a lot and it took over a hour to finish now I decent in to lust.

Lust:

list is my favoured level visually as everywhere you look you see sexual imagery from the inside of a snakes mouth to the walls and columns, the most interesting enemy so far is introduced “The Temptress of lust” while they are not hard to beat they are really fast and really stunning to look at with their long razor claws to something that protrudes from between their nether reach ns with represents something real obvious, the only down sides I felt about this circle of hell is that it’s really short and I felt it really could of been much longer in length and size (wink wink, nudge nudge) hehe (^_^). now for the final circle that I m going to talk about Gluttony

Gluttony:

this circle is a real disgusting to look at with all of the environment representing the inside of a terrible beast and you know what the dark brown stuff is, with the sea of sick, bile and urine . This circle made me quite ill a few time while playing. As so as you reach the floor you encounter Cerberus which in this case is a three headed beat of teeth and organic matter and where It should have eye it has more teeth, this boss fight was not hard to figure out wither but I felt a real sense of achievement when I beat the horrid creature, I felt the rest of this circle was as disgusting as the rest but the mirrors maze abut 3/4b of the way tough made no sense to why it was there apart from story progression.

I'll end it here as I haven’t finished greed yet and I will probably paste a update after I have completed Greed, Anger and Heresy

TheDarkPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TheDarkPrince

This edition of my blog may contain SPOLIERS

yes well... it sort of  is has similar controls and loads of quick time events but the sotry adn graphics are totally different . 

I'm currently playing though the game after buying it on Saturday, I’m currently in Greed and i think I’m near the end of Greed but I’m not sure. 

i think its now time I aired my views on the first 4 levels (the opening sequence and boss battle with Death, Limbo, Lust, Gluttony and Greed. 

1stoff is the opening: 

The opening sequence is fairly good I got around 6 achievements within 5 minutes (Which is good news for my Gamerscore, which currently stands at 7,620). I had decided to play though the game on the hard setting available know as Hellish (there is another difficulty setting called "Gate Of Hell" but I won’t unlock that until beat the games story) so that I can have a real challenge & I have died allot, anyway back to the main part of my blog. the opening is non stop action and  is quite spectacular with the boat crash  but the best apart of the opening is the boss fight with Death (aka the grim reaper) which Dante get involved in to cheat death so that can continue be alive, Dante is killed by a assassins knife and it’s a fairly cheap death, this leads to Death appearing and Dante killing him, the fight itself is rather spectacular (and on hellish difficulty is really hard i died on average 12 times) but i was worth it i got death's scythe and started my decent into hell which was ok nothing spectacular apart for the CGI FMVs which are on par with any f GOWs if not they are better the details on the characters is amazing (& to be frank the bust of Beatrice looks really realistic. what he decent introduces in the cross as a ranged weapon and the giant creatures that are use to open massive doors. I wasn't impressed from the decent into hell it was ok. next up is limbo 

Limbo:

limbo on 1 impressions and a real cloudy and painful circle of hell and can really see the suffering that goes on in this circle, what happens within this circle is that you must travel to a boat which you have to crash before making you way to king minos ( who you have a boss fight, this fight is fairly enjoyable but his patterns are predictable but again due to the difficulty I decoded a lot and it took over a hour to finish now I decent in to lust.

Lust:

list is my favoured level visually as everywhere you look you see sexual imagery from the inside of a snakes mouth to the walls and columns, the most interesting enemy so far is introduced “The Temptress of lust” while they are not hard to beat they are really fast and really stunning to look at with their long razor claws to something that protrudes from between their nether reach ns with represents something real obvious, the only down sides I felt about this circle of hell is that it’s really short and I felt it really could of been much longer in length and size (wink wink, nudge nudge) hehe (^_^). now for the final circle that I m going to talk about Gluttony

Gluttony:

this circle is a real disgusting to look at with all of the environment representing the inside of a terrible beast and you know what the dark brown stuff is, with the sea of sick, bile and urine . This circle made me quite ill a few time while playing. As so as you reach the floor you encounter Cerberus which in this case is a three headed beat of teeth and organic matter and where It should have eye it has more teeth, this boss fight was not hard to figure out wither but I felt a real sense of achievement when I beat the horrid creature, I felt the rest of this circle was as disgusting as the rest but the mirrors maze abut 3/4b of the way tough made no sense to why it was there apart from story progression.

I'll end it here as I haven’t finished greed yet and I will probably paste a update after I have completed Greed, Anger and Heresy

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.