Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dante's Inferno

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Feb 09, 2010

Traverse the nine circles of hell in Visceral's action game named after the first cycle of Dante Alighieri's epic poem The Divine Comedy.

Negative Bias?

JusticeCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JusticeCat

Woah! Just flicking through the wiki topic on this game which I have owned since it came out.. Reading through it's wiki the page has an incredible negative bias towards it. Isn't that what the review at the top of the page is for? It was my understanding that the page should be neutral with perhaps a 'critical reception' segment at the end. Maybe the lack of mainstream success for the title means a low amount of people working on its wiki, but it really annoyed me. I realise it's a community wiki and open to edits from anyone. Would this be a fair enough edit?

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
    @JusticeCat: And this is where JusticeCat comes in, go in there and make that wiki page shine son, make your country proud!
    WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By WickedCestus

To me it looks more like it was written before the game was released, hence the "Known Information" section. Seems like a page that could use a re-write. 

EDIT: Also this: 

A demo of the beginning of the game was released for December 10th on PlayStation Network and December 24th for Xbox Live. This was probably a mistake, as it allowed players to experience the blandness of the gameplay without paying first.

Yeah, this page needs fixing.
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Azteck
    @supermike6 said:

A demo of the beginning of the game was released for December 10th on PlayStation Network and December 24th for Xbox Live. This was probably a mistake, as it allowed players to experience the blandness of the gameplay without paying first.

Yeah, this page needs fixing.
    That's part is uhh.. unfortunate.. 

Who am I kidding, writing that is just downright dumb.
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Yeah, the page has some really bad areas of negative bias. With the Hell location page also covering the details of the nine circles of hell, I also wonder if it's worth deleting them from this page or at least filing that stuff down.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By Hailinel

It's unfortunate that some wiki editors feel it necessary to insert crass commentary and sarcasm into articles. Someone needs to fix this. Preferably someone who actually knows a thing or three about Dante's Inferno.

JusticeCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JusticeCat

Okay. Cool. I'm a relatively new member to Giant Bomb and wasn't sure what the norm was. I might give it a crack later.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Dany

Be as objective as possible.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.