Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Apr 01, 2015

A remastered release of Dark Souls II, featuring a graphical upgrade, increased online player limit, remixed locations for items and enemies, and includes all of the previously released DLC.

Rebind controller buttons?

Relenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

After a whole lot of curiosity, I finally took the plunge and tried my first ever Souls game with this one.

I can see the makings of a really cool game, but man the control scheme is fucking abysmal. Is there any way to remap the controller buttons? Like say, be able to make the attack button be A, B, X, Y or anything other than RB of all things? Or is this game really just not for me?

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The reason attacking is assigned to the face buttons is because of the importance of the camera and targeting system. They don't want you to switch back and forth between the stick and the face button. The controls aren't abysmal. Sony's eighteen year old controller design (which Microsoft adopted) is abysmal for being extremely outdated.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike

Can't you use some app on the Xbox One to remap buttons on the regular controller? I seem to remember Microsoft saying they were going to do that.

YummyTreeSap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Erm, you do things with your right hand with the right shoulder buttons and things with your left on the left shoulder buttons. I can't possibly see how mapping those to the face buttons could be more intuitive. Also, you'll need the camera a fair bit during combat, as mentioned.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Giant_Gamer

I could never enjoy playing a souls game with a 360 controller since they rely heavily on bumber buttons while those buttons are one of its weaknesses. I recommend trying a dual shock controller instead.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Souls control scheme abysmal? You're crazy, it's control scheme is one of it's points of brilliance.

Can't tell whether you're on PC or Xbox to help.

Takoyaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should be able to find some kind of remapping through Settings > Ease of Access > Button Mapping or Settings > Kinect & Devices > Devices & Accessories.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.