Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

The final boss in iron keep and frustration (spoilers?)

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I'm having a terrible time with old iron king in iron keep specially not failing into lava .

When hit my character flies 50 feet in the air into lava even when against a wall I will slide across the wall into the lava.

I've tried the trick of going around the corner but the fire still hit and once again I fly back.

What items can I get that will help with fire or what stats should I level to help me with this?

Also if anyone wants to put down summon. Signs near the boss.

I feel totally stupid dying so much so I come to my bomb breathrens for help.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Belegorm

I found him much better with summons, it really helps if he's not trying to kill you personally with every attack. Mages also make it much easier. Right before I fought him I finished getting my equip load up so that I had fast roll with good armour and stacked poise, hence I was able to roll out of the way of many of the attacks, and not go flying off the edge from the others. I had flash sweat too for fire.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Fredchuckdave

He's doable if he doesn't do sweep attacks; just never lock on and run around the whole time, use the alcove for cover. Quite a fun boss.

doe3879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I just really hate the boss area itself. Tiny space surrounded by instance death. The boss itself is generic "epic" at best. I'm very tired of giant boss with just head and arms.

doe3879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I just really hate the boss area itself. Tiny space surrounded by instance death. The boss itself is generic "epic" at best. I'm very tired of giant boss with just head and arms.

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

All his melee attacks can be evaded by rolling to the left or right. He has 2 arcing flame attacks that can avoided by running around the corner (right of the fog gate). Just keep avoiding his attacks and punish his overhead arm smashes. Consider wearing light armor to increase your rolling distance.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All his attacks are not bad it's the falling into the hole espically the one in the middle . The burning doesn't help either. I had to guys but got thrown in the hole again. Ill just. Wait around until more people are where I am as there are extremely few summon signs In the area.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Wait... I thought this boss was extremely easy. Did I miss something? I defeated him first try. He has an incredibly predictable moveset and extreme tells to everything he throws. He hit me twice in the entire battle. I'd say just die a couple times while you focus on paying attention to how he moves. If you figure that out, I'm confident you can defeat him easily. You can dodge absolutely everything he does.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did eventually beat him with the cheap hide method until he does eh beam attack. I'm not proud of it but whatever .

And yea @zevvion your not missing anything. It's just one of those thing were you just have issues with something game related for no reason. I think we've all done this.

I also upgraded my adaptability which seemed to help a bit

Strangestories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was extremely easy. I also beat him on my first try. You don't even need to know how to roll, really; just sprint to one side when he's about to do one of his many 'smash fists into the ground and leaves himself wide open' attacks.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

A little neat strategy I devised for him was to bring the "warmth" pyromancy into the fight. You can stick off to the right side and run over whenever you need healed. It'll save you from being knocked off whilst stuck in the healing animation.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#13  Edited By Yummylee

@strangestories said:

He was extremely easy. I also beat him on my first try. You don't even need to know how to roll, really; just sprint to one side when he's about to do one of his many 'smash fists into the ground and leaves himself wide open' attacks.

Yup, that's how it went down for me, too. Having a +10 longbow certainly helped in dishing a little extra damage between his attacks, but all in all he was possibly one of the easiest bosses in the game for me. He's certainly the easiest Lord boss at the very least.

enemymouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By enemymouse

I just get the corner of that little building between him and me. When he's vulnerable after his attacks -- blammo, I strike.

On the other hand, I feel your pain. I've died plenty to bosses even when I could tell they were easy and predictable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.