Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls III

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Mar 24, 2016

This game melds elements from all previous Souls games and concludes the Dark Souls trilogy.

Dark Souls 3 PC Port Analysis by Durante@PCGamer - It looks pretty good. (Except for all the crashing)

• 104 results
    John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By John1912

Im using the Knight, Ive had one crash in 9 hours of gameplay. Max settings GTX 770 4GB. Game runs great! Guess I didnt update or check if new drivers were out which their likely are.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@revel: Why dont you try new drivers on the titan machine first?

revel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@rethla: I might. The machine is super stable and is a workstation (more than a gaming pc, but also an amazing one) so I can be reluctant to mess with things too soon/often as I've (in the past) had early adoption and changes mess up other things I have to use like 3d software or general stability. The 580 machine is in the bedroom and is prefered for games except for the weaker GPU. Even If the entire machine explodes it doesn't affect work downtime.

If it seems really good on the 580 machine then i'll just stick with it. Otherwise yes i'll try new drivers on the workstation.

zombievac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@mike: As I mentioned in another reply, I'm aware of that issue. But one issue, affecting a certain portion of nvidia cards (780, and maybe a few more), with an immediate workaround, and someone even said confirmation that From is aware of it and working on it... is not a significantly technically flawed game. I'm sure there are other rarer issues too and there always will be, but for a PC AAA release this is better than average, these days. 100s of reports is pretty light given that probably a million+ are already playing. And you yourself said following the workaround for that one bug fixed your crashes.

Even durante (DSFix mod guy) said the game was great technically (as in technological execution) aside from having to do one workaround temporarily for a few cards - the bonfire issue.

I have no idea why my stating I wasn't have issues and most were probably users' faults (and I meant in a general sense), is agitating. Anyone who works in IT or Help Desk knows this, again in a general sense. Even many of my friends who've had gaming PCs for 25 years like I have don't bother to maintain their systems... or install bad security software (which is almost all of them since Win 8), or "upgrade" windows instead of clean install it (which has always been asking for mysterious, frustrating issues that may not appear for a long time), or upgrade nvidia drivers without clean installing them, or never review their overclocks when playing a new game that crashes.... (I could go on... and if people do any of those things, I'd recommend they avoid them)

Anyway, this is just my opinion and some would say it's an educated one, given that it's my job and lifelong hobby. Sorry if I offended.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombievac: That issue prevents a substantial number of people from progressing in the game and occurs within the first hour. The rest of the game could be flawless and that would still be a major problem and should be taken to task. They've had three weeks to be aware and working on it. That there are potential workarounds is cold comfort for a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place.

It's always shitty to just immediately dismiss other peoples problems just because you aren't having them personally. That's what was so 'agitating'.

revel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By revel

So, it runs really bad on the 580 machine (5960x / 32gb DDR4 / SSD / 1080p) even at the lowest settings across the board. It even booted me from online play for bad framerate :). Sucks cause recommended is 950 and the 580 benchmarks sorta similarly - though I know you can't do direct comparisons like that. But I figured/hoped low settings would resolve such matters. The machine pushed Rise of Tombraider just fine on medium and varied on high. Going to try setting the light setting to low and see if that helps for the 7 series Titan machine bonfire thing.

[EDIT] I think setting Light to Low did it. So far so good! Now I just need to find the player skill setting and set it to "Not suck so bad", haha.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Today's patch seems to have resolved the crashing at bonfires thing for me, I can now run lighting at Max instead of keeping it at Low.

Spence_5060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

In my personal experience this game is running flawlessly for me. I have only had one crash so far during my 25 hours of gameplay and it was in the middle of the game. Not in the first bonfire. I do have some higher end specs running this game with a GTX 980 and an i7 4790k. The thing is I am running this game at max settings with almost perfect framerate everywhere (even the area where the framerate commonly chugs for everyone). So maybe Durante is using lesser specs for his judgement where these settings matter in the sense of increasing performance, but when this game seems to be less demanding of power versus other games that have already been released like The Division it just seems strange to me.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike said:

Today's patch seems to have resolved the crashing at bonfires thing for me, I can now run lighting at Max instead of keeping it at Low.

good to hear, i'm about to start the game myself and was coming in here to ask just that.

In my personal experience this game is running flawlessly for me. I have only had one crash so far during my 25 hours of gameplay and it was in the middle of the game. Not in the first bonfire. I do have some higher end specs running this game with a GTX 980 and an i7 4790k. The thing is I am running this game at max settings with almost perfect framerate everywhere (even the area where the framerate commonly chugs for everyone). So maybe Durante is using lesser specs for his judgement where these settings matter in the sense of increasing performance, but when this game seems to be less demanding of power versus other games that have already been released like The Division it just seems strange to me.

Well the crashing had a lot of variables involved from what i read. Mainly if people were a Knight class or wore full armor or had specific weapons etc the game wouldn't crash. If you watch the stream GBeast did it was pretty much the same issue everyone else seemed to be having at launch. Well here is hoping i don't get any crashes and have to sacrifice settings.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.