Browsing my forum history...

#1 Posted by WholeFunShow (360 posts) -

... I found this Gem :) Thinking on it I never ended up buying it unfortunately because of the generous admissions from From that it wasn't a perfect port.

#2 Posted by TobbRobb (4818 posts) -

@WholeFunShow: Bad Port or not, I'ts basically the best way to play it at the moment. Though some of the hacking in PvP is pretty bad.

#3 Posted by familyphotoshoot (654 posts) -

Enjoy getting cursed in PvP by people messing around with the Cheat Engine.

#4 Posted by Rainbowkisses (472 posts) -

What does NM stand for? Nevermind?

#5 Posted by TobbRobb (4818 posts) -

@familyphotoshoot: Whatthefuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Glad I'm not PvPing anymore XD. I really hope that won't get widespread.

#6 Posted by mordukai (7184 posts) -

@familyphotoshoot said:

Enjoy getting cursed in PvP by people messing around with the Cheat Engine.

Massive +1 for using the Drive soundtrack. Great movie.

#7 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@WholeFunShow said:

... I found this Gem :) Thinking on it I never ended up buying it unfortunately because of the generous admissions from From that it wasn't a perfect port.

The port itself isn't 100% perfect, but I feel like it's close enough that it doesn't really matter.

There are also a few fan-made mods that will enhance your enjoyment of the game on PC. A controller is still recommended.

#8 Posted by cmblasko (1322 posts) -

Don't post nonsense.

#9 Posted by WholeFunShow (360 posts) -

NM can stand for Never Mind, but in context here it means No Message, as in "All I have to say is in the Subject line."

I have a controller and do intend to get the game eventually, I'd read an article I'm pretty certain Klepek linked to in his "Worth Reading" round up about how bearable the mods have made the game and look forward to tinkering. This thread isn't meant as a criticism of the port, It both celebrates From Software's courage to fulfill seemingly absurd requests as mine to port it to PC even though they admitted they weren't really in a position to do a really really good one, and laments my lack of money where my mouth was all that time ago.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.