Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Invasion Stories

• 71 results
    MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By MiniPato

I got invaded in New Londo Ruins. I ran toward the guy with my shield up and he backed up with his shield up. We were circling eachother on the stone platform between the wooden planks, just before the ghosts. We were waiting for one of us to make the first move and the guy backed up into the water. Free 12k souls! But I didn't get to pillage any of his humanity.

Kazzurak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Kazzurak

@FancySoapsMan said:

I got invaded by someone who seemed to have no idea how the combat worked, because they didn't block any of my strikes or try to heal at any point.

Invaders cant heal its the new thing instead of reduced hp from being in soul form, but no blocking yeah he sucked

Spence_5060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By Spence_5060

Ya I have only ever been invaded twice over multiple characters and on both times were very intense. I had luckily outsmarted my opponent both time by constant defense and looking for my opening to annihilate my opponent. And for my reward of vanquishing my intruder was their humanity and a considerable amount of souls.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

I've been doing forest hunter stuff. Only got summoned twice in the 10 hours that I've had it. The first time was me and three other hunters beating the piss out of some dude.

The second time, it was against this high level dude with seemingly every good weapon in the game as he was just switching it up. Had Havel's Armor and was a Pyromancer. I too was a Pyro, with Stone Armor and +2 Lightening Spear with an +8 Eagle Shield.

Goddamn it was so much fun! We were just circling each other waiting for a good time to strike. I did get him down to about a quarter health, but I was about one hit away from death. We backed away from eachother, but then the fucker juiced up to full health, charged me down with a Katana and murdered me to death. 

It was about a 15 minute fight, and I want to do more of it. It's unfortunate that the online stuff is so busted. I blew through my 4 cracked red orbs because every single one of them failed. Also summoning phantoms in never works for me either except for the NPCs.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By bushpusherr

To anyone who loves invading, I highly recommend the Darkwraith covenant. Infinite invading. I've kept my level between 45-50 for about the last 10 hours of play, so it's always easy to find acceptable hosts. I've mainly been playing in Aron Londo in the area before the boss fight. The only bummer is when you deal with some considerable lag and get back stabbed when the dude is 10 steps in front of you. Succeeding when outnumbered 1v3 is probably the most exhilarating thing in this game. Last night there were three guys I killed that netted me about 350,000 souls.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@bushpusherr said:

To anyone who loves invading, I highly recommend the Darkwraith covenant. Infinite invading. I've kept my level between 45-50 for about the last 10 hours of play, so it's always easy to find acceptable hosts. I've mainly been playing in Aron Londo in the area before the boss fight. The only bummer is when you deal with some considerable lag and get back stabbed when the dude is 10 steps in front of you. Succeeding when outnumbered 1v3 is probably the most exhilarating thing in this game. Last night there were three guys I killed that netted me about 350,000 souls.

Were you the guy with the big ass sword and the magic homing arrows because if so I hate you.
    golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#57  Edited By golguin

It was my first time in the Depths and I had fallen into the hole right on top of the frogs. I had already seen them before in phantom form so I knew how to fight them, but it was a pretty panicky situations to be looking at 4 of them. I cleared the area and found the ring. As I was about to put it on I got the invasion warning for the first time. I ran under the bridge area and heard the guy above me. I didn't move so he couldn't hear me, hoping he'd come down into the water. He didn't come down and went to who knows where. I waited about 5 minutes for him until I decided to go find where he went. I eventually found him and I saw he was packing stuff I had never seen before including a shield that looked like Havel's shield. We danced in circles for about a minute when he rolled back and started to cast something. I saw several white orbs form over his head and instead of attacking I thought to myself, "WTF is that." I barely finishing thinking it before the spell came at me. I tried to roll round him, but they kinda locked onto me and one shotted me.

I just got into Blighttown so I still don't know what that spell was, but I now know never to give an enemy enough distance on me to cast something.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By bushpusherr

@LordXavierBritish: haha I don't believe so, I've been sticking pretty hard to pyromancy spells.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By imsh_pl

Since yesterday afternoon I got invaded 3 times, actually.

Yesterday evening some douchebag in the forest invaded me when I was with a summoned phantom, I couldn't find him at first and then he just appeared out of nowhere behind me and breathed fire on my back.

A few hours ago in the Depths another wizard phantom invaded me, at first I was hurting him pretty badly with h. soul arrows; I got a little cocky however, ran to him, missed a hit and immediately got insta-killed by the same fire breathing attack.

Around an hour ago I won my first invasion, the dude just kept attacking furiously and after blocking all his attacks I used some openings to backstab the motherfucker to death. With a katana.

There you go.

Avatar image for alianthaberries
    AlianthaBerries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By AlianthaBerries

Literally just started a Wanderer class, made it to the merchant and was invaded by a person who must have been SL 30 or above since he had that thorned armour and had a claymore in one hand.

I chucked my black firebombs at him, backstabbed him a few times but I just had no chance, he was far too powerful.

PVP is broken in this regard.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@AlianthaBerries: That's weird, you shouldn't be able to be invaded by someone who isn't within 10% of your Soul Level.

Were you in Darkmoon Forest?
    Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62  Edited By Omega

@golguin said:

It was my first time in the Depths and I had fallen into the hole right on top of the frogs. I had already seen them before in phantom form so I knew how to fight them, but it was a pretty panicky situations to be looking at 4 of them. I cleared the area and found the ring. As I was about to put it on I got the invasion warning for the first time. I ran under the bridge area and heard the guy above me. I didn't move so he couldn't hear me, hoping he'd come down into the water. He didn't come down and went to who knows where. I waited about 5 minutes for him until I decided to go find where he went. I eventually found him and I saw he was packing stuff I had never seen before including a shield that looked like Havel's shield. We danced in circles for about a minute when he rolled back and started to cast something. I saw several white orbs form over his head and instead of attacking I thought to myself, "WTF is that." I barely finishing thinking it before the spell came at me. I tried to roll round him, but they kinda locked onto me and one shotted me.

I just got into Blighttown so I still don't know what that spell was, but I now know never to give an enemy enough distance on me to cast something.

That, my friend, is the homing soulmass. It is my absolute favourite spell in the game because it can be cast in those brief moments when your enemy backs off to recover stamina or whatever and will linger around waiting for an opening in your opponents defences while you are able to block and attack with your weapon to create said opening. Between homing soulmass and soul spear the Anor Londo boss fight was a breeze.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By FluxWaveZ

So it was my first time in the Painted World of Ariamis and I was intentionally walking around as a human because I hadn't been invaded often before and I wanted it to happen. I managed to not die during my time before the invasion, killing flying bird men and the lot while being very cautious, as usual. I eventually come across a large bridge when I suddenly get invaded by a dude called SIG0808. I cast Homing Soul Mass in anticipation for his arrival and I hide in a space off the beaten path so that he may not sneak up on me or anything. After a few minutes of waiting, I see his transparent self (probably the Ring of Fog or something) run past me towards the large bridge and I wonder if I should chase him or not. As I'm about to, I decide to turn the other way as some disgusting undead dragon starts rushing him and coming in my direction. I run towards the nearby staircase, and the now fully visible invader finally notices me and approaches me. I back up, and I end up falling down the staircase, at a distance where the dragon can hit me with his poison vomit. I can't run forward as I'll get killed by the dragon's attack, so I instinctively back up and I end up in a small corner, directly below the staircase, just out of reach of the dragon's attack. 

My human opponent was directly above me, but couldn't just drop on me as he would fall off a ledge and die. He also couldn't run to the corner where I was hiding because the huge dragon would damage him. I can't reach him and he can't reach me. I end up staying there for several minutes, watching the black phantom try to attack me in various ways by going towards the dragon and getting hit, or trying to throw fire bombs at me from the stairs. Eventually, he gets to a relatively safe position away from me where he shoots a couple of poison arrows at me, poisoning me. In retrospect, I guess the situation wasn't all that urgent as the arrows weren't all that damaging and I could have just stayed in my little corner for a while longer, but I was running out of sorcery casts, Estus Flasks and I decided to just finish this and attempt to attack the invader. Right when I got to that decision, though, he decides to ignore the damage he'll take from the dragon's projectile attack and he comes at me with an electrically charged weapon and kills me in two hits even though I was blocking. 

Oddest PvP I've experienced.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#64  Edited By Marz

K so i was in the crystal cave, some dude invaded me......  4 seconds later.... i get 40k souls.   Seems he fell down and died.  I laughed my ass off and proceeded to kill Seath the Scaleless.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By FunExplosions

Well, I don't have Dark Souls yet, but I have some pretty awesome memories from Demon's Souls. If you haven't played DS, there's probably a couple spoilers in here. 

Probably my favorite was when, in 1-3 (second-to-last section of the Boletarian Palace), I wastrying out a Dragon Sword build and farming souls. I pretty much was dumping all my souls into Strength (and Dexterity, if that also affected the Dragon Sword's power; can't remember). I cleared out almost every enemy, besides the last stretch of guys, when someone invaded. I ran down to the bottom of the stairs, unequipped my Dragon Sword and all my armor, and let her (female mage) see me, then sprinted up through the first alley. I got to the part where all the ninjas jump down and the boulder falls in the tight alley staircase, and ducked right out of sight on the left corner at the top of the stairs. I made it perfect, so I could see the whole staircase, and I was facing the staircase, just barely out of sight. To my delight, I saw her round the corner and start sprinting up the staircase. I had my Dragon Sword equipped, and I was ready, and managed to time the overhead slam perfectly; as soon as her foot hit the top level, my sword came down on her head, flattening her out and killing her instantly. One of the most satisfying kills I've had -- in any game.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#66  Edited By Turambar

My first invasion involved someone using the fog ring which I did not know existed, pyromancy, and the ringed crystal shield which I did not know existed while I just got to the Depths.  He uses the shield, I jump over it, pressed r3 to target him.  It failed because of the fog ring of course, but I had no idea, and was confused for long enough that he ohkoed me with combustion.

m0rdr3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#67  Edited By m0rdr3d

I had joined someone's game in the area right before Gaping Demon. We were enjoying each other's company when--INVASION! Being paranoid I quickly spun around and the phantom was already on us! What?! I rolled to the side just in time and started slashing. My partner went to work as well and the poor guy never got a swing off. It's odd he went down so quickly cause he had some great looking gear I hadn't seen before.

Later, the invader got revenge by invading me in the same area and distracting me long enough to get me cursed. I purposely haven't been human for very long since.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By Donos

Some dude jumped in while I was farming, and his axe had a faster attack speed than my recoil animation. So that was great.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Mirado

This one is kind of long, but in retrospect I guess that's pretty fitting. I'm stuffing a lot of detail into this; hopefully it helps to sway anyone who is still on the fence about Dark Souls.

I decided to try The Blades of the Darkmoon Covenant as I liked the idea of invading someone's world who has killed a bunch of people, sort of an assassin's assassin. The problem is, I couldn't get the fucking Blue Eye Orb to work. It must have been some combination of my level (74 at the time) and the area I was in (Parish/Forest), but 20 or so tries ended in failure. I warped to Anor Londo and finally got a bite, but that in itself is a problem: Anor Londo is pretty fucking big. So big, in fact, that after a good two minutes of wandering I couldn't find my target. Most of the enemies were still at their posts, the fog gate was still active on the keep, etc. I pulled the bridge up and down at least three times (which, in hindsight, was a big tip off that I shouldn't have done), went to the area with the painting, everything. Finally, I decided to head to the Darkmoon Tomb bonfire.

What happened next was the tensest 10 minutes of gaming I have had in a long time. As soon as I took a step into the room, the guy sprung from the side and nearly landed a two handed halberd swing on my head. I was able to fat roll out of the way (this is what I get for wearing armor made out of solid rock), I put my greatshield up, and went to work.....strafing. You see, his build and mine were more or less polar opposites: I'm the big chunky tank build (full Havel's set, Giant's Greatshield, +5 Lightning Spear because I didn't have time to pull out my Zweihander, high vitality/endurance/strength and not much else) where as he was a much more nimble caster build (wielding a halberd of some kind, a mix of light armor which would be the big key in this fight and, judging by the spells he through at me, heavily invested into sorceries). We dodged around for a while, him not having enough room to pull out a spell, and myself wasting all of my stamina trying to keep up.

After a good two minutes of wasted effort on both sides, he decided to run out of the room. I'm not 100% sure what his goal was; most likely he wanted more space to fire off some spells, or perhaps he was hoping to dash to the end of the level (unlikely, nothing ahead of me was cleared), but either way I had a hard time keeping up with him as he ran up the staircase to the bridge controls...at least initially. As it would become clear later, I had much more stamina then he did, even if my armor was cutting into my regeneration and speed. For now, though, I was starting to lose him. I caught up at the top of the spiral stairs when he decided to active the bridge controls (swinging it to connect the top half), he dodged a jumping strike from me, and proceeded to run to the now connected bridge.

The next 10 seconds will probably remain as my favorite moment in either of the Souls games: I was able to get to the controls and swing the bridge back down JUST before he was able to cross it. I could only imagine what he was thinking, but as I made the "Point Down" gesture, he gave me a bow. Now, we had ourselves a real fight.

This arena was much better for him; the big gap in the center where the staircase was gave him room to fire spells/keep me away, and he could jump down, take the falling damage (he could heal, but I couldn't....or so I thought), and run back up to the other side. Up until now, I didn't understand his build, but as he took out his catalyst and fired a homing soul mass, I knew it wasn't going to be an easy kill. Luckily, I find that particular spell pretty easy to dodge, and only one of the shots hit me (which was lucky as this guy was a monster; even with my shield/armor/massive vitality, it took off a solid chunk with only one hit). He made a few missteps and I was able to skewer him twice (thanks to my large stamina bar), knocking him down to 1/4 health. He sprinted around and was able to put enough distance between us to heal.

This wasn't going anywhere, so just before he started his casting animation I went to plan b, my +5 ascended Pyromancer's flame and good ole' Great Fireball. It hit him full on for 90% of his health, and he went into full on panic, dashing away from me, reactivating the bridge so it connected to the church, and booking it out of there. He fired off another soul mass which took out half of my health thanks to a bit of lag, and disappeared. I figured it was over at that point, that either he'd wear me down or escape, but then I checked my item bar and noticed I had a humanity. I crushed it, snorted it (or whatever you do to absorb it), and went after him with full health.

I followed him on top of the rafters, where I was saved by all of the Painting Guardians; with two forces to contend with, he panicked, dumped all of his remaining Soul Masses (which thankfully mostly hit the guards), and ran for the other side of the rafters. With his concentration broken, he failed to notice the one guardian that jumps down at you from a level above. He dodge backwards from him...

...only for me to plant my spear in his back, and toss his lifeless body down to the ground floor.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#70  Edited By jacksukeru

I was on my way out of The Depths and had killed off the enemies in the water area between where you meet the two butchers when the invasion message suddenly popped up. Having been one-shotted in the past I decided to try to have the battle on a little more of my own terms. I equipped my recently aquired rusty ring so that I would be able to move normally in the deep water, stood in the middle of the pool with an eye at the stairs and waited.

While looking around a little from time to time, I was suddenly hit by the gravity spell. I couldn't see my assailant though so decided to stay in place, maybe he was above? I kept focusing on the area beside the stairs when I suddenly realised thet he or she could be wearing a fog ring, making them hard to spot, I looked closer at the stairs but couldn't see anything, then suddenly decided to spin the camera behind me on a whim. THERE HE WAS!

Right behind me, wearing what I reckon must have been Havel's Armor (but no fog ring) wielding a huge electric greatsword ready to swing, I rolled out of the way. He cast the gravity spell again but I managed to keep my distance until it wore off, now I could move around pretty quickly, but was a little unsure of my options so I just continued to stafe around him. He started moving towards the stairs, I didn't know if he had some sort of plan getting out of the water but for some reason I tried to stop him, accidetally getting up on the stairs doing so. I hit him a few times with my Divine Battle Axe +3 but in my carelessness got hit by a huge swing of his weapon. It took off roughlt 98% of my health, with barely any stamina left I tried a desparate backwards roll, but was hit by the follow up attack which finished me off.

I can say that fog rings and lightning weapons have so far not made any of my invasions by other players all that enjoyable, nothing compared to the relatively even, epic "fighting on a moving elevator" battle I had in Demon's Souls at least. Buuuuut I was regularly stomped in that game as well so I guess it's no biggie.

Bernoulli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Bernoulli

how do I follow this topic?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.