Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

purpose of chaos covenent?

Avatar image for thehermaeusmora
    TheHermaeusMora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheHermaeusMora

ok im a plus 2 right now about to get a larva on my head. is this a pvp covenent or just like a hey look what i get covenent simular to path of the dragon ( even though that is actually a pvp one)?

punpun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By punpun

It opens up a shortcut in Lost Izalith and gives you a few pyro spells. I don't think PvP is involved in any way.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ToxicFruit

yeah it opens up a shortcut that lets you skip 2 bosses if you give the lady 30 humanity

Avatar image for pepitoneconqueso
    PepitoneConQueso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PepitoneConQueso

I wouldn't even call path of the dragon a pvp covenant as you level up with dragon scales, the darkwraiths are pvp based. Also you dont NEED to get an egg on your head unless you want toxic mist (which is actually a pvp spell).

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By senorfuzzeh

Darkmoon blades and darkwraiths are the too main PvP covenants.

The only good of he chaos covenant is to learn some pretty cool Pyro skills, and get your head replaced with an Egg creature that will become your new "Kick" attack.

Kind of gross thinking this thing impregnates your forehead...ew.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Animasta

@senorfuzzeh said:

The only good of he chaos covenant is to learn some pretty cool Pyro skills, and get your head replaced with an Egg creature that will become your new "Kick" attack.

I actually don't have the egg thing on my head even though I'm part of that covenant.

DrHawking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By DrHawking

I joined it just for the Chaos fireball spell. Oh, and you can get rid of that egg by talking with the merchant and buying an egg vermifuge.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Turambar
    @senorfuzzeh said:

You only get the egg if you betray the covenant.  Joining the covenant while having an egg on your head has you gifted with the item used to remove it.
    Avatar image for pepitoneconqueso
    PepitoneConQueso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PepitoneConQueso

You can also get an egg by standing near some of the egg-burdened for a while, or so I've read.

Avatar image for thehermaeusmora
    TheHermaeusMora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheHermaeusMora

ok good so ive decided not to get it then thanks.

@senorfuzzeh: what about gravelord isnt that kinda like pvp?

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By strainedeyes

@PepitoneConQueso said:

You can also get an egg by standing near some of the egg-burdened for a while, or so I've read.

They can attack you and infect you. I attacked one of them in Demon Ruins and it latched onto me, a few minutes later I had the eggs on my head.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By TobbRobb

I joined the covenant early on because I thought the pyro stuff was cool, will I get anything more than the chaos fireball? The shortcut doesn't interest me since I want to kill all the bossess.

Does the egg thing look cool?

Unrelated though kinda related, my main damage is through the furysword and pyromancer spells, will I do any damage at all against ceaseless discharge? He seemed to ignore all my fire damage, if so, how am I to take him down?

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By senorfuzzeh

@TheHermaeusMora said:

ok good so ive decided not to get it then thanks.

@senorfuzzeh: what about gravelord isnt that kinda like pvp?

Kind of but not really. You place a summon sign in 3 random players games, which will spawn random really hard monsters in their area, and if the player dies you get their souls and an item to rank up in the covenant.

The only PvP here is if they find your sign you placed before they die, they can invade your world and fight you.

If you're looking for PvP go for Darkwraiths (Evil chaotic) Or Darkmoon (Good Chaotic)

@Geo7877: Gross.

Chippy180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Chippy180

As other posters' have mentioned, getting to rank 2 of the covenant(By giving the spider lady 30 humanity) opens a secret path to Lost Izalith. What others' neglected to mention is that the only way to save Solaire from man-eating centipedes is to open that path and kill all 9 of the centipedes before reaching the end. Saving Brolaire results in having the ability to summon him for the final fight against Boss Numero Uno at the end of the game.

I thought it was only right to save him after finding this image which made me praise the sun:

No Caption Provided

Edit : Also you should get that egg/maggot off of your head soon. It increases damage taken from fire, disables your kick animation in place of a maggot swipe and disables your headgear. Eating an egg vermifuge will remove it completely and can be bought from Einygi(The spider-lady's servant) or as a drop from forest tree-snakes, as well as a rare drop from hostile spider-servants.

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By senorfuzzeh

@Chippy180: That is absolutely hilarious. I feel the need to go back and do whatever it is needed to save him.

Do you actually have to join the covenant to open this path.? I've never actually even bothered with the Chaos Servent, even though my main character is a Pyro.

Chippy180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Chippy180
    @senorfuzzeh You need to join her covenant and then hand her 30 humanity. Another requirement is to speak to him and to in Anor Londo and have joined the Brotherhood of Light.
    From there, you'll have to summon him in the area of the Centipede boss(Right before the Lost Izalith entrance) and MOST IMPORTANTLY enter into LI via the secret pathway and kill ALL 9 centipedes before reaching the end or else Brolaire will be hollow.
    If you messed up any of his steps you'll have to wait until New Game+ to complete your jolly co-operation.
    senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By senorfuzzeh

@Chippy180 said:

@senorfuzzeh You need to join her covenant and then hand her 30 humanity. Another requirement is to speak to him and to in Anor Londo and have joined the Brotherhood of Light. From there, you'll have to summon him in the area of the Centipede boss(Right before the Lost Izalith entrance) and MOST IMPORTANTLY enter into LI via the secret pathway and kill ALL 9 centipedes before reaching the end or else Brolaire will be hollow. If you messed up any of his steps you'll have to wait until New Game+ to complete your jolly co-operation.

Sounds rather tedious... I'll just pretend he is alive and jolly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.