Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Quick trip back to Firelink Shrine.

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By senorfuzzeh

Alright so I am in Anor Londo, and I really want to go back to firelink so I can level up my pyromancy. Is there a quick way back there or do I have to go back through sens fortess? I really, really hated that placed.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Turambar

There is a short cut down.  Get the cage key from the building that contains the merchant, then take the two cages in the building with the archer on it down to the first floor.

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By senorfuzzeh

@Turambar: Wow I really wish I would have known that before I started fighting the Boss there... He wasn't even hard he just kept nudging me off the cliff.

I ran through Sens fortress soooo Many times...

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Turambar
    @senorfuzzeh said:

@Turambar: Wow I really wish I would have known that before I started fighting the Boss there... He wasn't even hard he just kept nudging me off the cliff.

There's actually a hidden bonfire up there.  You have to walk off the side of the castle and fall down on it.  It should be in one of the areas in range of the exploding bombs where the guard rails were blown away.  I think it's the only hidden bonfire of that type in the game, thankfully.
    JellyFish_Gsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JellyFish_Gsus

@senorfuzzeh: Just curious as to what your current level is? I didn't reach Andor Londo until is was Level 55

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By senorfuzzeh

@Turambar said:

@senorfuzzeh said:

There's actually a hidden bonfire up there. You have to walk off the side of the castle and fall down on it. It should be in one of the areas in range of the exploding bombs where the guard rails were blown away. I think it's the only hidden bonfire of that type in the game, thankfully.

I found a few areas that I thought looked really pointless, and I was wondering what the cage key was for.. Again that would have been really nice to know. I killed the fire bomb giant and had a lot of souls just to run out there and get pushed off the cliff. Well whatever its over now.

EDIT: Also what was the point of Prince Richard? Was he suppose to attack me or did I mess something up?

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By senorfuzzeh

@JellyFish_Gsus said:

@senorfuzzeh: Just curious as to what your current level is? I didn't reach Andor Londo until is was Level 55

Once I got into anor londo I leveled up to 42. So I guess you've been grinding and such?

JellyFish_Gsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By JellyFish_Gsus

@senorfuzzeh: I was lost and just started wandering around aimlessly until I found where to go; needless to say I gathered a few levels in the process. Also Sens Fortress was a bitch until I found the bonfire.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SuperWristBands

@senorfuzzeh said:

EDIT: Also what was the point of Prince Richard? Was he suppose to attack me or did I mess something up?

I kinda want to know about this too. I never read the item descriptions so I am almost always confused.

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By senorfuzzeh

@JellyFish_Gsus: It really wasnt that bad once you learned all the traps and killed the firebomb giant. Plus also having a Fire Great Sword +5 Helps.

Just a quick question, Have you or anyone already killed Nito before going to Anor Londo?

Im trying to decide If I should run down to the catacombs and kill him real quick.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Turambar
    @SuperWristBands said:

@senorfuzzeh said:

I kinda want to know about this too. I never read the item descriptions so I am almost always confused.

He's meant to attack you off the bat much like the similarly dressed Elite Knight back in the Asylum.  The description of his rapier states that he was a famous undead Prince that one day set for Lordran and disappeared.
    senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By senorfuzzeh

@SuperWristBands: The description says "A rapier with intricate decorations. Chosen weapon of the infamous Undead Prince Ricard. Ricards exploids are told ino a monomyth. He was born into royalty, but wandered the lands in the fateful ill concieved journey. He became undead and dissappeared to the north."

gerrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By gerrid

@senorfuzzeh: you can't kill him until you've beaten anor londo - the entrance to his lair is covered by an amber light.

It would really suck to get all the way to the bottom of tomb of the giants and then not be able to go any further. Then ofc because you've not beaten anor londo you'd have to go all the way back through tomb of the giants...

So yeah, beat Anor Londo before you head back to the Catacombs.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By shirogane

@gerrid said:

@senorfuzzeh: you can't kill him until you've beaten anor londo - the entrance to his lair is covered by an amber light.

It would really suck to get all the way to the bottom of tomb of the giants and then not be able to go any further. Then ofc because you've not beaten anor londo you'd have to go all the way back through tomb of the giants...

So yeah, beat Anor Londo before you head back to the Catacombs.

It would kinda suck even more to be allowed in and find that there's absolutely no way out of Nito's lair, meaning you're stuck there forever, rofl. There seriously is only one way out of there, and it involves warping.

gerrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By gerrid

@Shirogane: can imagine if you went there it'd just be full of other player phantoms running around lost and hundreds of confused messages covering the ground

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By Humanity

I'm in the same situation actually. Just got to Anor Lando - level 55 - I kinda wanna get my flame up to 10 and that iron flesh spell. Even with the elevator shortcut I REALLY don't feel like walking all the way back there. When do you get that warping tool thingy exactly?

I didn't pay any mind to you guys talking about how easy bosses are with it - cause c'mon beating bosses without a proper roll? Thats madness.

Then Sif starting giving me a hard time because his sword was just taking way too much HP and sometimes I thought the sword strikes were BS cause I had clearly rolled past. So I put on Havels ring, strapped on the Stone Shield I had that was +2 and went in there with a great axe +8. That fight suddenly turned pretty pathetic. Every sword hit from Sif took off a SLIVER of endurance from me and his double spin took off half the bar at the end of the other swing.

Needless to say I think I might start tanking more boss battles rather than rolling around and getting one-shotted when the bosses has barely any life left.

McQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By McQuinn

@Humanity: The first iron golems have a ridiculously short eye sight. So just run past them and there is a bonfire with a firekeeper after those three golems you run past. just don't backtrack when you reach anor londo.

And yeah, most of PvE, just equip that stone shield cus it has blocks every attack I know of except for the asylum demon redux's ass stomp. Plus if you can wield that thing at that lvl, your strength is high enough where you probably should tank anyway.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#18  Edited By Humanity

@McQuinn said:

@Humanity: The first iron golems have a ridiculously short eye sight. So just run past them and there is a bonfire with a firekeeper after those three golems you run past. just don't backtrack when you reach anor londo.

And yeah, most of PvE, just equip that stone shield cus it has blocks every attack I know of except for the asylum demon redux's ass stomp. Plus if you can wield that thing at that lvl, your strength is high enough where you probably should tank anyway.

Yah my STR is at 40 at the cost of a mere 21 in END and I think 14 in VIT.

I know where that bonfire is I was just wondering when you get that Lord Vessel thing?

McQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By McQuinn

@Humanity: It's not too far, but you will have to deal with things some people are having problems with. The two archers and Smough and Ornstien. I personally would truck on through.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.