Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

de Blob 2

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

This sequel to the colorful "splatformer", de Blob 2 takes all the color from the titular hero's home city AGAIN and requires him to save it. It also introduces a host of new features.

de Blob 2 product placement in "Chuck? Wha...?

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

Edited By Jayross

So, i love Chuck. Maybe not as much now as I have in the past, but it is still a great show.
    Yup.

Chuck is a fairly geeky show, and there are a few references to "geek culture", if that even exists. Either from the original Tron poster in Chuck's room, references to different SNES games, to lines like "yeah, I'm just saying that Left 4 Dead 2 could have totally been an expansion pack" - Morgan.

There has never been a lot of video game promotion, however. True they had a whole episode that aired near Halo: Reach's release about the release of a popular first person shooter at the BuyMore, but very rarely has there ever been very direct promotion. (although I do recall seeing some boxes of Halo: Reach on the BuyMore set, briefly.

In the recent episode of Chuck, however, Chuck is wearing a shirt for De Blob 2. This was pretty cool, as I have nothing against product placement if it makes sense, but I wondered... "why De Blob 2?"

It turns out that THQ, the publisher of De Blob, made a deal with SyFy Kids to bring some of it's franchises to TV. A De Blob TV show has been produced.

Now, how did De Blob get into Chuck? Well, the answer is pretty simple: NBC, Chuck's network, owns SyFy, but maybe we will see more game-related product placement in the future, who knows? 

So, are you guys against product placement? What if it's video game related?

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Jayross

So, i love Chuck. Maybe not as much now as I have in the past, but it is still a great show.
    Yup.

Chuck is a fairly geeky show, and there are a few references to "geek culture", if that even exists. Either from the original Tron poster in Chuck's room, references to different SNES games, to lines like "yeah, I'm just saying that Left 4 Dead 2 could have totally been an expansion pack" - Morgan.

There has never been a lot of video game promotion, however. True they had a whole episode that aired near Halo: Reach's release about the release of a popular first person shooter at the BuyMore, but very rarely has there ever been very direct promotion. (although I do recall seeing some boxes of Halo: Reach on the BuyMore set, briefly.

In the recent episode of Chuck, however, Chuck is wearing a shirt for De Blob 2. This was pretty cool, as I have nothing against product placement if it makes sense, but I wondered... "why De Blob 2?"

It turns out that THQ, the publisher of De Blob, made a deal with SyFy Kids to bring some of it's franchises to TV. A De Blob TV show has been produced.

Now, how did De Blob get into Chuck? Well, the answer is pretty simple: NBC, Chuck's network, owns SyFy, but maybe we will see more game-related product placement in the future, who knows? 

So, are you guys against product placement? What if it's video game related?

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Skald

Well, there was an entire episode about Call of Duty 4.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By FunExplosions

Ha! Jesus Christ, she's hot. I'm sure she pulls in at least 80% of their viewers.

Dynamitekyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Dynamitekyle

That shot of the back of Chuck's shirt; Now that is professional product placement.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By FreakAche

I absolutely love Chuck. I thought that particular product placement was fine in the sense that it's at least better than all the Subway product placement they always do on that show.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.