Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

de Blob

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 22, 2008

Mix and match colors to paint de world, and defeat de evil I.N.K.T. Corporation, in this colourful "splatformer" from THQ.

How is it really?

GonzoGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By GonzoGuy

I keep hearing a lot of things like "Oozes Style" "Cult" "...but as a whole."

These terms raise red flags for me and remind me of the trauma I suffered when I bought the much overrated No More Heroes at every critic's suggestion and realized how bad it really was.

So this question is for all the picky gamers: is this really the most weird & fun game since Katamari Damacy?

What should they have fixed before release?

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kush

De Blob is de bomb!!!...but honestly, I have no idea since I don't own a wii...and yes, I am so bored that I felt like contributing to a thread that I can be no service to; plus I just wanted an excuse to say "de bomb".

Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Alex_V

It is a nicely presented game with a great soundtrack, but the game mechanic is essentially quite simple. So it's a game that is appealing and distracting for short bursts - I wouldn't expect anyone to get more than 10hrs gameplay out of it.

Stevokenevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Stevokenevo
    "what should they have fixed before release?"  

Well as Alex_V put it, the game is appealing to short bursts of play for colourfulbrainexplosion mechanics.  The game only allows you to save your progress at the end of every level however, which usually takes from 40 to 60 minutes (unless you blast through them), so more save points would have been nice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.