Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Island

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Sep 06, 2011

After a zombie virus sweeps across a beautiful island resort, survivors must fight their way to freedom while trying to find out exactly what went down in this open-world first-person action game.

Checkpoint / Spawning issues and tips.

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Twisted_Scot

So I'm numerous hours into Dead Island and am really enjoying it. I've been pretty lucky in that any glitches or bugs I've come across have been minor. There is one thing that gets me is the spawn system when re-entering the game. I usually go to a safe house and quit the game from there but every so often when I jump back into the game I spawn somewhere else. I had finished most of the quests in the city and was about to do the return to the beach quest but it was getting late so I go to the church and quit out. I jump back into the game the next day and it spawns me in the supermarket (and for those who have been there know its a real irritating trek back to the church).  I'm not generaly bothered by the random spawning if I die mid mission but when I go to a safe house to quit.....
    Is there any tips other have found to checkpoint the game properly before quitting? I hate sewers in games.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By hbkdx12

since the saving in this game is so wonky what i usually do is run around or accept a quest until it says game saved and then quit at that point. I really hope they patch in a manual save of some sort

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Crash_Happy

I've had it forget a large number of levels yet again and right now, I just can't face going through it all again.

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Twisted_Scot
    @hbkdx12: Yeah but it said "checkpoint" just before I was in the church, then I did the start>Y yo exit that's supposed to checkpoint it again AND I was in the church. I now just warp to the beach and save in the lifeguard station as at least its easier to get to a safe house on that side of the island.

@Crash_Happy
    Havent had it forget many levels, there was a time that I had to keep talking to the people to get the quest every time but once id done them they so far have stuck.
    daggon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By daggon55

Far as I can tell it seems that the game will sometimes checkpoint you in a bad spot and then default to somewhere else when you respawn. The giveaway for me has been each time this has happened to me when I respawn it does that old open world game trick of spawning me a few feet in the air.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.