Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Island

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Sep 06, 2011

After a zombie virus sweeps across a beautiful island resort, survivors must fight their way to freedom while trying to find out exactly what went down in this open-world first-person action game.

PC physical disc install - how big are the patches?

flufflogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By flufflogic

So, I have the game on an actual physical DVD (I know, I didn't realise you could get those either!) for PC, but currently my landline broadband is unavailable. As I'm stuck with a very limited (ie capped) mobile broadband connection, I'm wondering: how big are the patches after I install? I know the Steam copy had a massive patch (because the wrong version was uploaded to the server...), but has anyone used a physical disc copy?

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MrKlorox

I think I downloaded a couple that were between 50 and 100 megabytes apiece. I'd be surprised if you had to download more than 200 MB. 

The whole "wrong version" shit does not mean every texture and sound file and model has to be redownloaded. It means the exe and a couple script archives needs replacing. It's certainly not a "massive patch".

flufflogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By flufflogic

Cool. I had a friend who told me his Steam patch was the whole game again. Good to know that was BS...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.