Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Island

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Sep 06, 2011

After a zombie virus sweeps across a beautiful island resort, survivors must fight their way to freedom while trying to find out exactly what went down in this open-world first-person action game.

So this game is getting DLC...Story DLC (Does include spoilers)

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

So you will play as Ryder. The guy who you got missions from and more or less talked you though the game. It looks like this will show us his motivation and more of his back story. This might motivate me to unwrap my copy of the game and start playing. Anyone got any news on how "Fixed" the game is since launch? 

It will be  available on January 31, 2012 for $9.99 on PS3 and on February 1, 2012. For 800 MS points (10 bucks)  
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

He's trying to get zombrex for his blonde babe, nuttin' wrong wi' dat.

cyraxible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By cyraxible

I played the ever loving shit out of this game back when it was first released and I really had no problems, so I'm not sure what you mean by "fixed" because as far as I'm concerned the only major bug was the duping glitch.

I've been waiting for this DLC back when all you knew was the name of it.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @cyraxible said:

I played the ever loving shit out of this game back when it was first released and I really had no problems, so I'm not sure what you mean by "fixed" because as far as I'm concerned the only major bug was the duping glitch.

I've been waiting for this DLC back when all you knew was the name of it.

Like the things the guys ran into in the TNT. Clipping and what not. 
    cyraxible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By cyraxible

@The_Laughing_Man: I never had that problem with vehicles getting stuck in irretrievable areas.

I played the game solo and I didn't have any horrible clipping like they did. They have improved the co-op though, if that's your thing. Making zombie difficulty relative to your level and improving matchmaking and what not. That TNT is great but they didn't do that game a very good service by trying to break it.

Also, I didn't feel like Techland only cared about the first area, like Brad insists. The areas past the resort(The city, the jungle, the prison) are just as well realized. The jungle is the only area where his criticism might apply but that's only because it's big and you need to drive around a lot more than in other areas, so if he felt there was less detail it was because he wasn't looking.

The combat system is really top notch. I should note that I played with the analog fight style. Defaulting to digital is probably the biggest mistake Techland made.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.