E3 2011: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record Trailer

• 87 results
#1 Edited by Flabbergastrate (274 posts) -

He's covered everything, you know.

#2 Posted by Yummylee (21506 posts) -

I love this trailer so much. It even dashes in some self-parody too which was a great touch. 

Instantaneously better than default DR2.
#3 Posted by Redbullet685 (6034 posts) -
@Paperlink said:

He's covered everything, you know.

Including wars.
#4 Posted by Weazul (23 posts) -

He hasn't covered his receeding hairline.

#5 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -

Fucking want.

#6 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -

I am a huge dead rising fan but I am becoming more and more disillusioned with the franchise. I will still end up buying this day one, not sure it will click with me though.

#7 Posted by cyraxible (687 posts) -

Very mixed feels about this whole thing.

#8 Edited by beard_of_zeus (1683 posts) -

That was a pretty funny trailer, actually :)

I liked how disappointed Frank was at the end when he got the call. That's probably how a lot of folks feel when playing the game: "Hey, stop having fun and come save me from this store in the next 5 minutes!!!"

The fact that this game even exists is so damn strange. I'm hoping there will be enough new content here for this to be worth a purchase, but I have a feeling that won't be the case.

#9 Edited by Gerhabio (1977 posts) -

Actually looks better than DR2, I might actually play this one.

#10 Posted by MightyDuck (1521 posts) -

Not a huge fan of Dead Rising, but this I may have to take a look at this one.

#11 Posted by Willin (1280 posts) -

I love Frank's casual attitude towards the zombies.

#12 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -

I don't like how serious this series has become.

#13 Posted by Ali_D (142 posts) -

I wish all the Dead Rising games were this funny.

#14 Posted by rmanthorp (3913 posts) -

I.... What?

#15 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Zombieland

#16 Posted by FoogleSmoogle (81 posts) -

Two scenes where zombies were plowed by amusement park rides. Somebody at blue castle saw Zombieland a bunch.

#17 Posted by rmanthorp (3913 posts) -

IT SEEMS LIKE SUCH A RIPOFF YET I WANT IT SO BAD!

#18 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

You can never go wrong with more Frank West. Embrace the absurdity, Capcom, and I'll buy this day one.

#19 Posted by AuthenticM (3715 posts) -

As someone who has not played Dead Rising 2, this will be the default game for me. :)

#20 Posted by Yummylee (21506 posts) -
@AuthenticM said:

As someone who has not played Dead Rising 2, this will be the default game for me. :)

As it should be for everyone. Even those who have played the original DR2.
#21 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5413 posts) -

Loved the first two. Will be getting this, as well.

#22 Posted by CandiBunni (465 posts) -

This was hilarious. Frank is so awesome.

#23 Posted by Vorbis (2750 posts) -

Alright I'm back on board.

#24 Posted by HatKing (5886 posts) -
@beard_of_zeus said:
I liked how disappointed Frank was at the end when he got the call. That's probably how a lot of folks feel when playing the game: "Hey, stop having fun and come save me from this store in the next 5 minutes!!!"

It was a great way for them to highlight exactly why I, and many others, can't fucking stand these games.  Good to see how little Capcom continues to give a shit about progress.  Yes, keep making the same gameplay mistakes over and over again, only over-developing the story into a convoluted and incoherent mess that only the select that had been paying attention from act one could possibly give a fuck about.  This is why I don't play Capcom games.
#25 Posted by Chop (1996 posts) -

Best trailer of E3 so far 

That water gun at the end was amazing. 

#26 Posted by august (3836 posts) -

Listen. He's covered wars,

#27 Posted by punisherkaos (273 posts) -

This trailer is so much better than the actual games

#28 Posted by rambo35 (15 posts) -

this is my type of stupid

#29 Posted by fox01313 (5069 posts) -

Mixed on Dead Rising thanks to the controls & way some of the gameplay is handled (UI/inventory/missions) but if this is just a open world area of fun then I'll at least be interested in giving this a try.

#30 Posted by Alphazero (1536 posts) -

Yep. This is what I wanted. Hopefully the psychopaths aren't so broken. Or are broken in more fun ways.

#31 Posted by ManMadeGod (1559 posts) -

I like how Capcom makes fun of their own game here. Will they fix it? Don't bet on it.

#32 Posted by pantzing_nome (583 posts) -

I didn't play Dead Rising 2 but after having fun playing Case Zero and Case West I'm starting to look forward to playing this one.

#33 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

"I'M GOING TO URANUS ZONE!!"

#34 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

Wait..what? What? What? What? What?

I mean, I just...what?

#35 Posted by Agent47 (1895 posts) -
@HatKing: Whoa calm down buddy.I don't really think DR was ever about the story anyway it is just a way to give you direction and some understanding.It's not meant to be complex and thinking enducing.DR is the only series I really like from Capcom.Megaman was good it had it's run.Street Fighter eh I dunno after SFIV came out I kind of thought it was good but dissapointed that they took out all those awesome EX characters and put in a ton of shitty ones.Besides that I can't think of any other Capcom franchises.DR is just good, bloody, hard, at times frustrating fun.
#36 Edited by Vigorousjammer (2494 posts) -

it's official, I'd totally go see a feature-length Dead Rising animated comedy starring Frank West in theaters

#37 Posted by claudius (185 posts) -

As someone who, despite the jank, really enjoyed DR2, I'm really looking forward to this game.

#38 Posted by Yummylee (21506 posts) -
@example1013 said:

Wait..what? What? What? What? What?

I mean, I just...what?

I imagine this is the exact reaction CAPCOM were going for.
#39 Posted by FuzzYLemoN (1600 posts) -

Dead Rising was funny because of how serious it was despite being ridiculous. This trailer worries me.

#40 Posted by vhodhvhodh (15 posts) -

@benjaebe said:

You can never go wrong with more Frank West. Embrace the absurdity, Capcom, and I'll buy this day one.

Absolutely this. Feels like a rejuvenating wind compared to the last attempt.

#41 Posted by HatKing (5886 posts) -
@Agent47: What I mean is that the only thing that seems to change between Capcom sequels is the story, but always far to wildly.  Can anybody sum up the Resident Evil story in fewer than 10,000 words?  How about Devil May Cry?  Street Fighter?  Now look at the first iteration of these games compared to the latest.  Resident Evil is the only one that really shows any drastic gameplay improvements, and even they feel outdated now.  The Capcom design philosophy is a good summary of most of Japanese game development and why it is suffering today.  Only a few Japanese studios are (artistically) thriving right now and it's the studios who're pushing things and giving us what we've never seen before (think Team ICO).  
#42 Posted by Koobz (381 posts) -

This is the game I wanted when I paid $60 for DR2 the first time. Uggghhh. But it actually looks funny in a Looney-Toons-by-way-of-John-Romero-by-way-of-Japan sort of... way. Damn you Dead Rising team, you will probably be getting my money again.

#43 Posted by beard_of_zeus (1683 posts) -
@HatKing said:
@beard_of_zeus said:

It was a great way for them to highlight exactly why I, and many others, can't fucking stand these games.  Good to see how little Capcom continues to give a shit about progress.  Yes, keep making the same gameplay mistakes over and over again, only over-developing the story into a convoluted and incoherent mess that only the select that had been paying attention from act one could possibly give a fuck about.  This is why I don't play Capcom games.
I don't know if I would generalize that broadly about Capcom's entire suite of games on offer, but I get where you're coming from on DR2, it's certainly not for everyone and I see why it's so divisive. I personally enjoyed the game a lot in spite of its jank and some antiquated design decisions, but I know a lot of people hate the time limit-based mechanic, so I was just poking a little fun ;)
#44 Posted by endaround (2142 posts) -

Frank West continues his transformation into Dan Ackroyd

#45 Posted by Coldbrand (215 posts) -

This looks like a blast. Glad to see more Frank than hillbilly joe.

#46 Posted by MisterMouse (3550 posts) -

Uranus zone... tell me they didnt.

#47 Posted by Yawnster (17 posts) -

The squirt gun at the end removed all worries I had about this game.

Glad to see Frank knows how to take advantage of a zombie apocalypse.

#48 Posted by Mikewrestler5 (602 posts) -

I was done with Dead Rising when I finished Dead Rising.

#49 Posted by vaportra1l (272 posts) -

One of these days I need to dust off DR2 and get that one finished.

#50 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@endaround said:

Frank West continues his transformation into Dan Ackroyd

Exactly what I was thinking

Awesome trailer, loved the squirt to the face at the end. Looking forward to this :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.