Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Sep 02, 2010

Dead Rising 2 is a third-person action-adventure survival horror game that takes place five years after the end of the original Dead Rising, moving its zombie apocalypse setting into the glamorous Fortune City.

Aw, c'mon! That was really necessary!?

Seifeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seifeer

I'll just get this out of the way first: I loved the game. Gory, bloody, murderous fun. But then I got to case 7. AND I GOT PISSED RIGHT THE HELL OFF!!

I love your stuff, Capcom. But you dropped the ball a few times on this one.
    Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#2  Edited By Symphony

Haven't played it myself but those definitely sound like moments that would break the suspension of disbelief for me as well. At least you enjoyed the game overall.

MysteriousFawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MysteriousFawx

So what you're saying is.... the next Dead Rising needs a Mass Effect style interrupt system, where you can not be a total dick and actually help people, or be an even bigger dick and help people get killed... /signed

McDunkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By McDunkin

I found all of that to be very tongue-in-cheek.  The Dead Rising psychopaths have always been ridiculous and over the top.

I also don't think you are supposed to like Rebeca anyway since she is the reason you were framed in the first place.  

I was kind of upset the way both the day4 and overtime mode endings were handeled since they would have been the exact same whether or not you gave TK the Zombrex.  Overtime felt very tacked on compared to the first Dead Rising :|

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By owl_of_minerva

I was quite happy with case 4, but not overtime, which was poorly handled.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
    @owl_of_minerva: 
    Yeah, overtime is pretty disappointing in DR2. In the original, overtime was pretty long and involved, but here it's been turned into just a pointless fetch quest and one boss battle.
    Seifeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Seifeer
    @MysteriousFawx said:
    " So what you're saying is.... the next Dead Rising needs a Mass Effect style interrupt system, where you can not be a total dick and actually help people, or be an even bigger dick and help people get killed... /signed "
    EXACTLY. That would've been damm useful.

"That means Sir Isaac Newton is the deadliest son of a bitch IN SPACE!"
    zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8  Edited By zyn

I agree dude.  CAPCOM has lost it since... RE5?

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Dude I know!! 

McDunkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By McDunkin

I was pretty frustrated with the Sulivan fight but then I accidentally bugged him out when I pressed up on the D-Pad to go hand-to-hand with him it also pulled up my watch.  When I left the watch mode it left a Check Greene arm floating in mid air so when I jumped down he got all confused and kept trying to punch me from the top of the platform.  I just shot him to death after that with the 6-shooter.  Easiest boss fight ever :>

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#11  Edited By Hailinel
    tyxja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tyxja
    @Hailinel:  Dude just because Jeff and Ryan said they don't like Rebecca Chang doesn't make it cool to hate her. I also found her to be fucking awesome and so bummed out that Chuck didn't have some sort of intimacy with her.
    Teclo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Teclo

Hey OP, welcome to games having an emotional effect on you. Take that, Roger Ebert.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By Vinny_Says

Rebecca: "Let me call them"
    -Bang
    Chuck: "oh no, what did you do"
    Sullivan: "what I had to"
    Chuck: "You're the traitor..."
    Sullivan: "LOL"

Worst treason moment ever, these characters have ZERO emotion...

Teclo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Teclo

I think this is the problem; as Blue Castle Games said, they wanted Chuck and Katey's relationship to be relatively believable and sympathetic, while everything else around it (apart from Chuck and Stacey, I'd say) is ridiculous and silly. Just to ground it in something, so it's not all nutty psychos trying to beat you to death with a chocolate dildo because they don't like your hair.

That, I would say, really works for the most part. But the one place it really fucks up is with this death. It truly is bizarre how no one seems to care at all about it. True, no one was exactly soul mates with her, but just the shock of it should at least engender some kind of genuine emotional response from the people there, especially since Chuck, Katey and Stacey are the most realistic and coherent characters in the game.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

I can't believe people actually went into Dead Rising 2 expecting believable characters. I'm just completely fucking dumbfounded by that.

I will say that I too found Overtime a bit disappointing as well, although I did really enjoy the final boss fight.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Afroman269
    @LordXavierBritish said:
    " I can't believe people actually went into Dead Rising 2 expecting believable characters. I'm just completely fucking dumbfounded by that. I will say that I too found Overtime a bit disappointing as well, although I did really enjoy the final boss fight. "
    this except for the last fight. Really I can't bring weapons with me? Fuck that guy, but then again after playing through that game I should have expected more dick moves from this it.
    Heartbreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Heartbreak

I expected some loud and grand yelling from Chuck in overtime, but that ending was hilarious

drok17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By drok17
    @tylerjacob said:
    " @Hailinel:  Dude just because Jeff and Ryan said they don't like Rebecca Chang doesn't make it cool to hate her. I also found her to be fucking awesome and so bummed out that Chuck didn't have some sort of intimacy with her. "
    Same here 

The boss fight with Sulivian was pretty hard. I made 4 quick step drinks (wine and beer in the blender) and ran around like a maniac on the upper platform, getting a few shots in at a time until my health ran low. 
    Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

No, it was not. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.