Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Sep 02, 2010

Dead Rising 2 is a third-person action-adventure survival horror game that takes place five years after the end of the original Dead Rising, moving its zombie apocalypse setting into the glamorous Fortune City.

If you were a Dead Rising psychopath...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Edited By Yummylee

The Dead Rising games are mostly known for the wonders of testing out all multitudes of weapons against the shambling undead, be them new toys of dismemberment or just more ways to instead embarrass aforementioned shambling undead. 

Another not so heralded aspect of the series are the psychopaths: people that have either plainly cracked under the chaos they find themselves surrounded by, or where nutjobs to begin and are just using said chaos to their advantage. The psychopaths themselves were wonderful characters with most of them being equally full of character and memorability as they were fucking annoying on a gameplay standpoint.  Again though, there was no denying how colourful they all where and their appearances and stories still managed to act as one of the franchises highlights.  And with the new info regarding the upcoming Case West download, it placed Dead Rising right back on my hot list.

As such I found it fun just to wonder how I'd be represented in a Dead Rising if I myself was one of the psychopathly psychopathic boss battles. (Also for locations sake I'll go with that I'm in Fortune City whilst Chuck does his thaaaaaaaang)

Reason for the Crazy: 

I'd be too busy trying on womens clothing (what, all the DR heroes do it!) to notice the zombie that would bite on me the arm, making me become engulfed with fear and anxiety. Mission would be caaalled 'Boys do Cry'.... reference to the Hilary Swank movie.

Entrance Cutscene: 

I'd still be wearing the womens clothing, most likely a summer dress, and will most likely be found at the chemist in the first area. Scrambling for some zombrex, I'd encounter Chuck and demand he pities my situation and helps me find zombrex. Chuck's reluctant at first with his daughter needing it ect, and while he did plan on helping me I wouldn't give him the chance and judge prematurely that he won't help and then BOSS FIGHT BEGIN!! 

Boss Battle: 

For starters, like any other DR2 psychopath, you'd need to be around LV 50000 to even stand a chance. My design would have me as a squirrelly little shit that's runs around rapidly and scurries all over Chuck when close enough. Weak point would be when I occasionally witness the gauging bite on my arm which makes me begin to sob uncontrollably. 

Defeat Cutscene:

Despite having been shot with dynamite via a bow, stabbed multiple times and wacked around with a number of blunt objects I'll only appear to have a few bruises in the cutscene. It'll then forward to me lunging at Chuck to have my arm just completely fall off and me scurrying around in panic trying to stick a mannequin limb in place of my armless...arm. Eventually I bleed to death and unlock my snazzy summer dress for Chuck to wear!! 

So yeah, there's that... I'm not expecting many to post their own interpretations of themselves as a DR psychopath, least of all go in as much detail as I did; but at the same time I'm just glad I put my expressed thoughts into words before I lost this silly idea altogether =P 

Oh also anyone else looking forward to Case West?????????????
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

The Dead Rising games are mostly known for the wonders of testing out all multitudes of weapons against the shambling undead, be them new toys of dismemberment or just more ways to instead embarrass aforementioned shambling undead. 

Another not so heralded aspect of the series are the psychopaths: people that have either plainly cracked under the chaos they find themselves surrounded by, or where nutjobs to begin and are just using said chaos to their advantage. The psychopaths themselves were wonderful characters with most of them being equally full of character and memorability as they were fucking annoying on a gameplay standpoint.  Again though, there was no denying how colourful they all where and their appearances and stories still managed to act as one of the franchises highlights.  And with the new info regarding the upcoming Case West download, it placed Dead Rising right back on my hot list.

As such I found it fun just to wonder how I'd be represented in a Dead Rising if I myself was one of the psychopathly psychopathic boss battles. (Also for locations sake I'll go with that I'm in Fortune City whilst Chuck does his thaaaaaaaang)

Reason for the Crazy: 

I'd be too busy trying on womens clothing (what, all the DR heroes do it!) to notice the zombie that would bite on me the arm, making me become engulfed with fear and anxiety. Mission would be caaalled 'Boys do Cry'.... reference to the Hilary Swank movie.

Entrance Cutscene: 

I'd still be wearing the womens clothing, most likely a summer dress, and will most likely be found at the chemist in the first area. Scrambling for some zombrex, I'd encounter Chuck and demand he pities my situation and helps me find zombrex. Chuck's reluctant at first with his daughter needing it ect, and while he did plan on helping me I wouldn't give him the chance and judge prematurely that he won't help and then BOSS FIGHT BEGIN!! 

Boss Battle: 

For starters, like any other DR2 psychopath, you'd need to be around LV 50000 to even stand a chance. My design would have me as a squirrelly little shit that's runs around rapidly and scurries all over Chuck when close enough. Weak point would be when I occasionally witness the gauging bite on my arm which makes me begin to sob uncontrollably. 

Defeat Cutscene:

Despite having been shot with dynamite via a bow, stabbed multiple times and wacked around with a number of blunt objects I'll only appear to have a few bruises in the cutscene. It'll then forward to me lunging at Chuck to have my arm just completely fall off and me scurrying around in panic trying to stick a mannequin limb in place of my armless...arm. Eventually I bleed to death and unlock my snazzy summer dress for Chuck to wear!! 

So yeah, there's that... I'm not expecting many to post their own interpretations of themselves as a DR psychopath, least of all go in as much detail as I did; but at the same time I'm just glad I put my expressed thoughts into words before I lost this silly idea altogether =P 

Oh also anyone else looking forward to Case West?????????????
    Dustpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Dustpan

You bet your dress wearing ass I'm looking forward to Case West.

Interesting read.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Pibo47

1st ima post my guy, then come up with the rest. 300 lbs man wearing a school girl outfit 3 sizes to small with a giant dildo launcher. Yup, thats pretty dead rising.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By WalkerTR77

I really love everything about the dead rising psychopaths apart from actually fucking fighting them, it was the one thing I really wanted them to address for the sequel but it may well just be down to the engine and requires an overhaul to sort out. Very much looking forward to case west, considering doing a review but it would almost definitely not get the recognition that my case zero review got so I may just leave it.

Anyway, as a dead rising psychopath I'd almost certainly be wearing my wolf mask and labcoat. I'd probably be one of those people who throws themselves into the apocalypse wholeheartedly once family and friends have been finished off. For the fight itself I have no idea what I would be using, crowbar? Cricket bat a la Shaun of the dead? Regardless I would probably be babbling incoherently about whatever came to mind from my Biology degree (which would have been cut short by the zombies obviously), you know, just for character.

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I would be a skinny professor-ish type, tweedy blazer and all.  When the protagonist approaches I would be walking around with some survivors tied to chairs in front of me, in the middle of a long dissertation about the lack of differences between zombies and regular humans.  I begin making logical comparisons and end with zombies may be killed freely, and humanity and the infected are identical, ergo there is a moral imperative to also kill humanity as well.  And then maybe I waste one of the survivors before the protagonist starts to yell at me.  And then I have no choice but to pull out my Lawnmower/Leaf Blower (a blade that pinwheels at the end of a tube) the fight begins.

I have many invincible frames of animation, I can knock the protagonist down with my basic attack, and I can get him in a hold where I jam my Pinwheel in his guts.  There's basically no proper way to beat me, but my AI can be bugged out if you get me caught on the level geometry (I don't have a ranged attack).

My death scene involves me informing the protagonist that I approve of his decision to kill me, as I am also human and must be killed.  I hand him my Pinwheel and wait for him to finish me off.  He doesn't, he maybe even offers me a chance to go back to the safehouse.  He starts untying survivors as I debate him on the ethics of his decision.  Eventually one of the survivors kills me with a chair, or something handy.  And then the protagonist leads them back to the safehouse.

HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By HS21

Fuck that game and its asshole boss fights. I just wanna kill zahmbees mindlessly. 

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Shadow

I'd be in the video game store, obsessively playing everything they have there.  I'd attack the protagonist by using the original Xbox 360 power brick like a whip when he tries to get my attention by stepping between me and the monitor.

LexLeb4y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By LexLeb4y

hmm
    not really interested to described it,

ok...... i just share it a bit as i can with you guys,...
    (sorry if my english is not good)

My psychopath name is Tommy Sewada
    a good looking guy with a shaggy and cool hairstyle, a proportional body..., and calm eyes..

i'am a right hand man from a Yakuza family that belong to a clan that have branch in USA, framed for murder my own oyabun/boss and provoke a clan war, despite forced to execute or forced to harakiri, the clan spared me for my duty all this time with them on one condition,
    ---> leaving ths state and not contact or keep anything represent my clan...

okay shortly... on my way to lead a new life, i'm trapped in a zombie outbreak along with my 5 loyal subordinate,
    actually one of them that when i'm realized is hold a secret mission to excecute me
    he want to kill  me along with the people as one of who cause the outbreak

4 of my good subordinate killed and eaten by zombies, and my killer is death at my own hand ,
    so now i'll kill anyone who oppose me and wants to find the truth,
    it is  because a stress from the outbreak
    and felt become abandoned and betrayed by the clans that i used to served for years

i held 2 hostages , the people that remind me of my clanmate or my clan's symbol,
    Lol......

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.